View Full Version : I landed the axel!!!!1

babeonblades
02-13-2006, 07:33 PM
finally after 3 years of trying it i landed it!!!!! i was really mad at my boyfriend today so imagined kicking him as i kicked my free leg out and it worked tehehehe had to fall about 10 times but finally got 2 perfect ones

sunshinepointe
02-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Congrats - may this be the first of many :)

dbny
02-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Way to go! I once heard that every jump takes about a thousand falls to master, so you are probably ahead on this one.

tidesong
02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Congrats! Very happy for you :)

Pro_Skater
02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
congrats on the jump...but i think that the jumps come depending on how u train because different people spend different amount of time on certain jumps and if ur technical isnt correct, the jump will be off...all jumps come from the take-off...so if u got that down...u should be able to land any of your jumps in the future...congrats again

WhisperSung
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Congratulations! I remember when I first landed mine. It's the most amazing feeling on Earth when you feel your foot connect correctly with the ice after the right amount of rotations. :)

Mrs Redboots
02-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Oh, wow! Well done, that is seriously fantastic. :bow: :D

May it be the first of many, and may your double salchow be not long in following!

NickiT
02-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Yay!! Well done to you. That's excellent. May it be the first of many. Having said that, do be prepared for it to disappear on you every now and then. Everyone I know who lands their first axel struggles to get it consistent to start with, but now you've done it once, you know you can do it!

Nicki