View Full Version : Manleywoman

sk8er1964
02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Darn it all. Not only did I not get to meet you, I missed tossing you a beenie (actually, a chocolate treat). I totally missed that you in the champ masters event (although if I had looked at the names...) -- totally worried about my own. Sorry :cry: . I like to touch base with us SkatingForums folk.

Hope you had a great first Mids.

manleywoman
02-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Awwwww! Sorry I didn't get to meet you too! I didn't talk to anyone before my event really, just concenrtating on what I needed to do. And there were about 50 people there that I had to say hello to that I'm sure there are several people I missed.

I did have a great time at my first mids, though it's always tough being alternate! But I skated well and was pretty damn proud that my overall program was strong enough to beat several girls who had 2flip and 2lutz, which I don't have (yet!). So I was proud of it. We had a really tough group of girls, sicne nobody really skated badly. Everyone was very strong. So I knew my chances of qualifying were slim.

I hope you did well and was happy with your skate, and had fun overall for the weekend!

samba
02-13-2006, 12:58 PM
No doubt this question has been asked before, but why are you called manleywoman?

manleywoman
02-13-2006, 01:51 PM
My last name is manley. It's a nickname I've had forever.

sk8er1964
02-13-2006, 02:39 PM
I did have a great time at my first mids, though it's always tough being alternate!

<snip>

I hope you did well and was happy with your skate, and had fun overall for the weekend!

Yup! I haven't been training well due to a variety of reasons. So I was very very pleasantly suprised that I not only had a pretty good skate, but that I also ended up being the alternate for Gold! :P Since I can't go to Dallas anyway, it isn't that bad for me being the bridesmaid.

There were lots of great skates in your group. I did not envy the judges. Congrats on your placement!

icedancer2
02-13-2006, 04:54 PM
No doubt this question has been asked before, but why are you called manleywoman?

I have to tell you, manleywoman -- I have a male friend whose last name is Manley -- mots likely no relation to you -- anyway, he is not so manly, if you know what I mean, in fact we often joke about it.

So your screen name "manleywoman" always cracks me up because that he how we refer to him.

Now I hope no one starts calling me a homophobe or hater or something for mentioning this -- it's just something I smile about every time I see a post from you and actually endears me to you without ever having met you...:)

manleywoman
02-13-2006, 06:22 PM
:lol:

Thanks icedancer2!

samba
02-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the answer manleywoman, I have been dying to ask you. I call myself Samba after my cat!! she had the name when we got her and I happen to like the dance although I am pretty awful at it.

Sk8ter1964 I know what you mean, I have been bridesmaid twice at the British Adult Championships and its begining to suck. Congrats to all anway.