View Full Version : Joliet IL area skating

Carleenp
02-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Can anyone give me info on places to skate and people to seek lessons from in the Joilet, IL or other nearby Chicago suburbs area? I am an adult skater, just out of learn to skate level 4, and will be moving to the area this summer. I would like to take either group or private lessons when I move.

flippet
02-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Let's see....others can probably give you better information, since I've never actually taken lessons in IL, and barely skated there, but I grew up in the western burbs, and lived in Romeoville a couple of years ago.

There's a rink in Bolingbrook, Rocket Ice Arena. It's just up Rt. 53 from Joliet. Downers Grove also has an older rink, and Woodridge has Seven Bridges, a nice 3-surface facility. I'm not sure if there's a rink closer to you, but knowing the Chicago area in general, it's entirely possible, even probable. I can't vouch for the lessons at any of the rinks, although my coach recommended a friend of hers at Bolingbrook when it looked like I might skate there, although I never did beyond a couple of public sessions.

tazsk8s
02-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Inwood Ice Arena is also on the west side of Joliet. It is run by the park district, they have group lessons (ISI format) and the usual skating activities, ice shows, public skate, etc.

Park district website is www.jolietpark.org

techskater
02-13-2006, 05:40 PM
There's also the rink in Naperville which is pretty nice. Northern Ice is out of that rink along with Rocket