View Full Version : British Adult Championships 2006

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2006, 07:35 AM
The announcement is up!
http://www.iceskating.org.uk/adultskating/events.cfm

Blimmin' Fiesta Tango.... Grrrrr...... and only one lift in the free dance but a choice of mid-line or diagonal step sequence.

NickiT
02-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks Annabel. Hoping I don't break anything just before this year's championships! I want to be there!!!

Nicki

batikat
02-10-2006, 09:55 AM
I was interested to see the new age splits in the solo dance. I might even be tempted to take up dance again now that I wouldnt have to be competing against the youngsters who have skated all their lives. The only problem is my dance coach has moved away and I wouldnt be keen to take lessons from any of the ones that remain (not that they are not good - they are, but personality wise not a good fit for me!)

Guess I might have to stick to Freeskating again this year. Anyway it is great news for my friend who stands a good chance of medalling in the new category (36 and up).

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm amused by the new age splits in dance. Last year, there was one couple in the Elementary under 50 category, and that only just, from what they were saying! All the other couples were in the 50-and-over.

But the spin - it says it has to be one spin on one foot by both partners. Now, presumably that means we can't do our change-foot?

They've dumbed down the free dance requirements from last year, which is a great pity - spin only minimum 2 revolutions, step sequence either midline or diagonal, and only one lift. Rats..... you would have thought they would have made it harder, not easier, no?

Just when we had a really good change-foot.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anthony
02-10-2006, 11:10 AM
What have ya gotta do to be able to compete in sumik like that? pass all the skate uk things? :)

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2006, 11:46 AM
What have ya gotta do to be able to compete in sumik like that? pass all the skate uk things? :) I don't think there are any minimum test requirements, except in Pairs, but you would have to be able to put together a "well-balanced programme" according to the requirements listed, and that would probably mean you'd be on at least the first level of your Passport. And if you chose dance or solo dance, you would have to be able to do the compulsory dances and put together a free dance according to the requirements listed. Which are a lot less difficult this year than they have been, for some reason!

Whitley Bay skaters have a tradition of competing early - both last year and the year before you fielded a skater at Bracknell who hadn't been skating very long at all.

samba
02-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Even if you are not ready to compete, no harm in putting a simple programme together, I always find it amazing how quickly people progress when they have a programme to work on, it gives you a purpose and everything that you have been told in theory starts to make sense.