View Full Version : New Blades

kittie067
02-09-2006, 10:30 AM
I am getting new blades, is it wise to change them before my competition in a bout a month?

For those who were wondering...
I FIRED MY COACH!!!

Now I'll have a new one on the 20th, cant wait!!

Wish me luck!

~kittie

Kelli
02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Officially, I'd say no, don't make any changes before competing because you may need a week or two to adjust to new blades. But, I have gotten new blades twice before testing, and it all turned out fine. I wasn't getting a new type of blade, I was getting new ones of the same type because I had no rocker left, and the new blades improved my skating.

stardust skies
02-10-2006, 03:41 AM
Don't do it! Order them now, have them changed after your competition. The only exception to this is if there is a major problem with your current blades that is affecting your technique, in which case, it's bad either way so you might as well just change them right away and hope you get used to them in a month.

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2006, 07:16 AM
Husband and I tested a fortnight into new blades (the test session came up unexpectedly; we had thought we weren't going to test that season) last year. We did pass, but only because it was Level 1 Bronze, and the judge told us we wouldn't have passed at anything higher....

A month is probably long enough, but do give yourself a full month to settle into your new blades.

And good luck with your new coach - I hope he or she works out for you.

kittie067
02-10-2006, 09:40 AM
A month is probably long enough, but do give yourself a full month to settle into your new blades.

And good luck with your new coach - I hope he or she works out for you.

Thanx! I dont even kno if Ill get them in time because the person who's getting them is never there!!!

So I may end up changing after wards, althogh they are really starting to messup my spins and 3-turns. Plus this is my last competition before I change my program, so I dont really mind if I dont do my best in this one.(I know great attitude:roll: )

I have to go practice now!

~kittie