View Full Version : Axel problem :( urg

TwirlGirl10
02-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I can do an axel fine, but a lot of the time I don't kick through all the way so my right leg is bent in the air, not on a 90 degree angle though. But I was wondering how I could fix this, sometimes when I kick all the way through I fall. Just in case you were wondering, I have been doing axels for a while, about 7 months. They are consistent and everything so no problems there.Thanks!
~Carmen~

cutiesk8r43
02-05-2006, 06:32 PM
i do that all the time. i would suggest when you are kicking all the way through so that you dont fall you need to like snap into place. how fast do you usually go into the axel? because if you are try to go too fast than it will be harder to land if you dont kick all the way through.

~Cuite ;)

doubletoe
02-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I can do an axel fine, but a lot of the time I don't kick through all the way so my right leg is bent in the air, not on a 90 degree angle though. But I was wondering how I could fix this, sometimes when I kick all the way through I fall. Just in case you were wondering, I have been doing axels for a while, about 7 months. They are consistent and everything so no problems there.Thanks!
~Carmen~

Try this off-ice exercise: Stand about one foot in front of a bench or some other stable, raised surface (the bench needs to be secured to a wall so it doesn't wobble). Jump straight up off your takeoff foot, lifting with the knee of your landing leg. Do 1/2 turn above the bench, and land backward on your landing foot, with your arms open and rounded, and your free leg open, with the free foot in front of the shin of your landing foot. Doing a lot of these will train you to bring the free leg all the way through on takeoff and then straigthen it as you turn your hip to start rotation.