View Full Version : Eastern Sectionals Schedule

NoVa Sk8r
01-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Schedule is out:
http://www.centralcarolinasc.com/Downloads/AES2006_Schedule.pdf

And the roster:
http://www.centralcarolinasc.com/Downloads/AES2006_Groups.pdf

This year, there are:

-Only 4 championship gold men--oh, wait now it lists only 3? (there were 8 last year)
-2 championship masters men (there were 4 last year, I think one from last year is injured, and another is skating in a different section)
-12 championship gold ladies (11 last year)
-10 championship masters ladies (8 competed last year, 10 signed up)

And gold pairs is listed as an age class ("Gold Pairs IV and V") Ugh, there are no age classes for pairs.
Silver I/II men; hmm, wonder who those two are? :P (Good luck guys; I'll see you two at Nats.)

I hope I get a chance to drive down and watch the competition. 8-)

mskater
02-02-2006, 07:35 AM
I just booked my flight:] (((Hey roommies, there are still plenty of non-stop flights on US Air)))

Anyone signing up for the 15 minute messages?

climbsk8
02-02-2006, 12:57 PM
NoVa --- you better get your but down here and cheer us on!!!! Not to mention a little party action after hours!

As for the 15-minute massages, the rink is part of a fitness complex and their massage therapists are all supposed to be really good. So go for it ... we've all earned it!

If anybody needs access to the schedule, it's posted on centralcarolinasc.com

See ya there!

NoVa Sk8r
02-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm really trying to get myself down there.
The Triangle Sportsplex is where I first learned to skate! (And where I did my first partial press lift ... with YOU!)

Our favorite married gold pairs skaters from North Carolina will be there as well to cheer y'all on.

TimDavidSkate
02-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Is it true that the distance to travel from airport to the rink is 45 miles?

NoVa Sk8r
02-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I would say it's only about 25 miles.

skaternum
02-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes, I agree with NoVa. 25 miles tops. Where did you get the 45 mile number from??

TimDavidSkate
02-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I saw on the form that the hotel that was 2 miles away from the rink was 43 miles away from the airport, my mistake :halo:

I was going to try to do a last minute entry (Silver 1), but after seeing that it was that far away from the airport, I booted the idea. :cry:
Especially I will be the only one flying and competing.

jazzpants
02-03-2006, 02:01 AM
-2 championship masters men (there were 4 last year, I think one from last year is injured, and another is skating in a different section)So who's injured? Davin??? If so, :cry: (Hope he gets well soon.) BTW: Which Sectionals is the other one in? Pacific Coast or Midwestern? ;) (Just want to keep an eye out if he's coming by my neck of the woods!) ;)

Meanwhile, go mskater and Edward!!! :bow:

Silver I/II men; hmm, wonder who those two are? :P (Good luck guys; I'll see you two at Nats.)I don't know Jeremy, but GO FrankR!!! KICK BUTT!!! (Or Edward's gonna kick YOUR butt afterwards!!!) :twisted: 8O :lol: (Just kidding. I know you'll do well!!!)

FrankR
02-03-2006, 08:28 AM
So who's injured? Davin??? If so, :cry: (Hope he gets well soon.) BTW: Which Sectionals is the other one in? Pacific Coast or Midwestern? ;) (Just want to keep an eye out if he's coming by my neck of the woods!) ;)

Meanwhile, go mskater and Edward!!! :bow:

I don't know Jeremy, but GO FrankR!!! KICK BUTT!!! (Or Edward's gonna kick YOUR butt afterwards!!!) :twisted: 8O :lol: (Just kidding. I know you'll do well!!!)

The qualifiers from the Eastern section last year were Davin, Joseph Radomile, Edward and Carl DeAngelis. I know Carl is not competing this year and I thought he might be the injured skater. I had no idea that Davin was injured. Both Davin and Carl are great skaters and they'll be missed. Best wishes to both of them for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the good luck wishes jazzpants!!

I wish everybody luck at their respective sectionals! Sk8 Gr8!!

Take care,

Frank

LoopLoop
02-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Yep, Davin broke his ankle and is out for the season. And Joe is skating out of a different section because he'll be at the Olympics during Easterns!

mskater
02-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Loops, are you competing at Easterns?

Hate to use people's names but I've seen them mentioned before on this site - anyone know why Angelo and Tim are pulling out?

skaternum
02-03-2006, 10:09 AM
I saw on the form that the hotel that was 2 miles away from the rink was 43 miles away from the airport, my mistake Page 16 of the announcement (http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/200506/adultsectional-eastern/adulteastern-announcement.pdf) says the hotel is 21 miles from RDU and the rink is only 2 miles from the hotel. So it's max 23 miles from rink to RDU.

jazzpants
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM

Hate to use people's names but I've seen them mentioned before on this site - anyone know why Angelo and Tim are pulling out?I don't know about Angelo, but my understanding (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=253136#post253136) is Tim is out for medical reasons.

Tim, are you sure you wanna do this given your medical reasons, especially since you've also pulled out of Nationals as well, (assumably for the same medical reason?)

LoopLoop
02-03-2006, 01:14 PM

Nope, my new freestyle program isn't done yet. I just started working on it a couple of weeks ago.

TimDavidSkate
02-03-2006, 07:22 PM
I don't know about Angelo, but my understanding (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=253136#post253136) is Tim is out for medical reasons.

Tim, are you sure you wanna do this given your medical reasons, especially since you've also pulled out of Nationals as well, (assumably for the same medical reason?)

Well I was trying to play it by ear, due to my doctor's suggestions I should stay off the ice until May. I won't do it, its just the inner desire I have to compete is .... you know..... :D :halo:

e-skater
02-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Well I was trying to play it by ear, due to my doctor's suggestions I should stay off the ice until May. I won't do it, its just the inner desire I have to compete is .... you know..... :D :halo:
I've been following various competition event threads off and on, mostly living vicariously through the competition process of others (LOL!!!), and I've seen several references you've made to having to be off ice due to a medical problem.

Correct me if I'm off base, but you appear to be one of the skaters who's "always competing". May I ask what happened to you? Was it from skating? Just curious, as I've been off ice twice for substantial periods (tendon things), having to do physical therapy, etc. :roll: Not fun, and I'm certainly not a "competitive skater" by any stretch, although one of the off ice times was about 8 weeks before the one time a year I usually compete! It was so hard to get back to what I had been doing!

If it's something you can't or don't want to say on public forum, just say so. I won't be offended (it takes a lot sometimes.....:lol: ). Since you were saying you had such a desire to compete, my natural inquisitiveness made me think it had to be bad to keep you away!

skatingatty
02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey mskater, thanks for reminding me-- I still haven't bought a plane ticket to Dallas. As for eastern sectionals, I'm really excited to finally have an adult competition right here at home. Hope Nova and Loops can come down to watch. I started a blog about gearing up for the event on asianathlete.com (it seems like everyone's blogging these days!).

mskater
02-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey mskater, thanks for reminding me-- I still haven't bought a plane ticket to Dallas. As for eastern sectionals, I'm really excited to finally have an adult competition right here at home. Hope Nova and Loops can come down to watch. I started a blog about gearing up for the event on asianathlete.com (it seems like everyone's blogging these days!).

Hey, you and I keep missing each other in the mornings in Hills. I saw you practicing yesterday with our lovely spin-master:]

I can't believe Sectionals are less than 2 weeks away! At this point, I'm still unable to get through my program without stops:(

rlichtefeld
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Yep, Davin broke his ankle and is out for the season. And Joe is skating out of a different section because he'll be at the Olympics during Easterns!

However, Davin now is wearing his boots and is skating during lessons. He just can't start training for a few more weeks.

Davin is my new coach. I'll pass along that people are wondering about him. We have a lesson tonight.

Rob

skatingatty
02-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey, you and I keep missing each other in the mornings in Hills. I saw you practicing yesterday with our lovely spin-master:]

I can't believe Sectionals are less than 2 weeks away! At this point, I'm still unable to get through my program without stops:(

Is it just me, or is the fact that the Olympics are going on also a distraction as we prepare for next Sat.'s competition? :) I can't help staying up late watching TV and reading news online about the Olympics. Plus I have to spend tomorrow in Jacksonville for work-- ugh! If I'm lucky, I'll get to practice in Hillsborough at 5pm tomorrow. Good luck w/the practices this week!

climbsk8
02-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Is it just me, or is the fact that the Olympics are going on also a distraction as we prepare for next Sat.'s competition? :) I can't help staying up late watching TV and reading news online about the Olympics. Plus I have to spend tomorrow in Jacksonville for work-- ugh! If I'm lucky, I'll get to practice in Hillsborough at 5pm tomorrow. Good luck w/the practices this week!

The Olympics are good and bad for me -- I definitely lose sleep, but I do get inspired to stretch my positions and SMILE when I skate.

I am trying to skate at least twice in Hillsborough this week ... the ice conditions there have been changing lately, which can be good or bad, depending on what you're accustomed to. I think they have a different person in charge of maintaining it.

skatingatty
02-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Hey guys,
My friend who writes for the local paper is planning to write an article about the adult eastern sectionals. So, I have given her your emails (those whose emails I knew) and she might be contacting ya'll soon, if she hasn't already. I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! :)

TimDavidSkate
02-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Very curious on how everybody skated today :D especially on the Silver Men and Ch. Gold Men events 8-)

NoVa Sk8r
02-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Championship Gold:
1. Kelton Brown 1st (5 first place ordinals)
2. Jason Spicer 2nd (4 first place ordinals)
3. Tim Covington

Silver Men (I think they combined silver I/II and Silver III/IV because of a withdrawal?):
1. FrankR (almost all first place ordinals?)
2. Jeremy Balcom
3. David Tsai

Debbie S
02-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Championship Masters Ladies?

Congrats, Frank R! And InsideAxel and skate1965 (I got the correct screen name, right?)!

NoVa Sk8r
02-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Championship Masters Ladies:
1. Amy Entwistle (clean double lutz!)
2. Joy Dubost (with "level 4" spins!)
3. Heather Piepenburg (Univ of Del.; double axel attempt!)
4. Laurie DeRose
5. Sherri Hicks
6. Deb Spence
7. Andrea Samson

Champ. Masters Men:
1. Ed van Campen
2. mskater

Championship Adult Gold Ladies:
1. Cara Erdheim
2. Tara Cioppa, aka icecatepairs (congrats!!!)
3. Janet Tavares
4. Elise Nelson
5. Kathy Stano
6.-10. ???

Gold Pairs:
1. Andrea Cooper/Lee Jones (all first place)
2. Ellen Zurfluh/Les Ascher (poor Ellen was sick all week!)

Apparently, there were an unprecedented number of music problems. Boo Hiss!

ETA: Results (http://www.centralcarolinasc.com/EventList_2006AES.aspx) on CCSC page

Debbie S
02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks, NoVa!

Congrats, icecatepairs! And mskater!

Wow- pretty gutsy of Heather to try her 2 axel! I know she'll be happy that she medaled - it's her first year doing this comp. Unfortunately, she won't be able to go to AN b/c our rink's Basic Skills comp is April 1 and as the skating director, she has to be there, so (I assume) the 5th place finisher will replace her. Hopefully, she'll equal or better her placement next year so she can qualify for Champ Masters in Chicago.

And congrats to Lee and Andrea! If they keep skating as well as they have, they'll kick some serious ice butts at AN!

Edited to say congrats to skatingatty and sexyskates on their medals as well!

jazzpants
02-18-2006, 08:40 PM
FrankR: :bow: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f015.gif

Congrats: InsideAxel http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f015.gif and skate1965!!! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f025.gif

YAAAAY!!! icecatepairs!!! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f020.gif Amy Entwistle in Masters Ladies too!!! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f030.gif

And both Masters Men!!! WOO HOO, mskater and "Moves Guru!!!" :bow: :bow: :bow: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f010.gif

InsideAxel
02-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

Now, if I can just navigate a few crazy weeks at work, I can go to Dallas!

Kelton

2salch0w
02-19-2006, 02:18 PM
A big congratulations to Tara (aka icecatepairs, aka my partner) for her 2nd place in championship Gold. Way to go! I knew you'd do it. That double sal has been looking so automatic in practice - knew you'd hit it. Crap - now the pressure is on for me to get it for the side by sides. Rut ro.

Also a big hearty congrats to Lee & Andrea, Frank and Tim C. for their skates. Wish I was there to cheer you on. Looking forward to seeing the tapes later this week. You can talk me through it, like on "Olympic Ice with Mary Carillo". :)

Safe travels home.

Tim

Stormy
02-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I really am dissapointed to have missed Easterns again! But it was sandwiched between synchro easterns and nationals and I couldn't take even more time off from my new job. But I am so looking forward to Dallas, and seeing everyone! Congrats to everyone who skated at Easterns! :bow:

mskater
02-19-2006, 06:22 PM
FrankR: :bow: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f015.gif

Congrats: And both Masters Men!!! WOO HOO, mskater and "Moves Guru!!!" :bow: :bow: :bow: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f010.gif

Thanks! All in all I had a good experience at Sectionals. It was my second time entering and my first time skating;] I am motivated now to get in better shape so that I can skate stronger in Dallas.

Perhaps I set a record number of false starts in one competition? I think my music skipped around 5 or 6 times before getting a clean start:]

skatingatty
02-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey everyone-

Easterns was a blast! Congrats to all. Here's my last blog on the event:
http://asianathlete.com/DaScoopsFormDisplay.aspx?ID=2769
So nice to see people again and also meet new folks too. Now I know what to work on for the next 1.5 months before nationals. :)

icecatepairs
02-19-2006, 08:44 PM
HI everyone..
just got back to ny...its cold as hell...lets go back to NC! thanks to everyone for all the great posts and congrats messages..:D it was a fun weekend... everyone from our NY NJ crowd did well and the metro area will be well represented in Texas...Jason and Tim in championship men...cara and Tara (it was the nails and foot massage bonding trip the day before!..onto texas..lets try not to loose our cell phones this time!!!) Edward in championship masters... hooray to frank :bow: for being the axel in a clinch man this weekend...both in his event and the team event...what we lacked in costumes in posters :roll: we made up for in team spirit. overall there was a great possitive atmosphere this weekend.

Nysma from ice docs you are such a good sport:halo: and i guess you didn't know how wierd we really are till this weekend. i am looking foward to seeing everyone in texas. and there were so many faces we missed...:cry: Larry Scibilia you were listed...where were you..lots of other familiar faces missing as well. kinda quiet in the arena...smaller than ciciero..not sure about last year...

so chad you are the mysterious mskater...yes it was 5 times.8O ..we are taking a collection to buy chad a tape recorder for christmas. first the blades then a world record for the most music miscues in a competition...yikes...skating is the easy part ...getting through your starting pose seems like the bigger challenge...lets hopwe you lived out your bad karma before texas!

one last great big thanks for all your love and support to ":bow:
Frank R...
Tim C skater1965
Cara
Edward ..words cannot say enough!!!!
and Tim M (aka 2salcow) my wonderful pairs parter for understanding how important this was and for all your suppport and possitive influence..i like you vision.

better sign ff now before 2salcow sees that i am posting at 9:30 at night when we have a 6:45 practice tommorrw...you bring the coffee ..i'll bring the throw axel and my tired body!!!!

good luck everyone in texas!

FrankR
02-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement and for the congratulations.

It's really hard to sum up this weekend in a post. I guess, the simplest way to put it is that I wished it wouldn't end. As Tara already mentioned, I think there was a tangible feeling of mutual support at this event that was just amazing to feel.

I skated well enough to make me happy, even if it wasn't perfect. My opening combination was a squeaker (axel/half-loop/salchow/loop) but the other jumps were landed okay. My spins still need a lot of work, there were a few hiccups on a few steps and I'd love to be able to look up off the ice for more than two seconds at a time, but I'll take this for a first time out with this program. :D

The team event was also a lot of fun. I'm really starting to like doing maneuvers team events.

I was so glad to finally be able to watch Amy Entwistle and mskater skate in person. I had heard so many good things about each of them and it was nice to get the opportunity to see them skate. They certainly were great and I enjoyed every second of their programs.

mskater, I was standing by the boards because I was there for moral support for my coach and I was so impressed with how you handled yourself after the whole music situation. I don't know how you kept it together through that many false starts. (I honestly thought the CD player had just suddenly burst into flames and that was the reason it kept skipping that badly. :P :lol: ) I'm just glad you did put the music problem out of your mind and you got to skate your program.

I also got to chat a bit with skaternum and it was nice to see her again and have a chat with her. I wish we could have talked more. Thanks for the hug and the encouragement, skaternum! :) I'm glad to hear that you're knee is doing better and it'll be so great to see you back on the ice again as good as new. Thanks for the stuffed monkey too!

Skatingatty, thanks so much for the compliments! We didn't really get much of a chance to chat this time around. Will you be around in Dallas? In any case, great layback (love the catch-foot) and I watched you skate your free-skate and I really enjoyed your program.

A big thanks to everyone who had a hand in keeping my nerves in check (that's just about everyone who was there at some point, lol :lol: ) I got to know Meghan Rasdall (again, not sure if she's on here but I'll mention her anyway) and it was a pleasure sharing ice and experiences with her as well as all of my fellow adult skaters at this event.

See you in Dallas,

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
02-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Congrats, Frank!
I wish I could have been there to see you, and Jeremy, and David.

Sounds like I have my work cut out for me for Nats. (Curse you and your axel jumps/combinations! :P )

skate1965
02-20-2006, 09:02 AM
The competition was so much fun! I'm sorry not all of you could be there. The ice was fantastic and I met a lot of new friends. Like Tara said, everyone was such a great support. So many wonderful skates.

Congratulations to all!

coskater64
02-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Congrats to all!

Icatepairs congrats on gold ladies, are you still doing pairs?

FrankR
02-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Congrats, Frank!
I wish I could have been there to see you, and Jeremy, and David.

Sounds like I have my work cut out for me for Nats. (Curse you and your axel jumps/combinations! :P )

Thanks NoVa!

I wish you could have been there too. It was nice chatting with Jeremy and I got to see David also do dance. He and Lisa were great. I shared a practice session with them on Friday and it was nice seeing those dances up close. They have great edges and beautiful flow. David's free skate was great too. I loved the hydroblading.

I watched Jeremy's program at the video booth and he has such wonderful stretch and line and he's really strong techincally as well.

As for having your work cut out for you at Nationals, you'll do great, I'm sure. I'll make you a deal. If you cut it out with the super speedy, twisty, flexible spins, I'll cut it out with the axel and axel combinations. :P ;) :lol:

Take care,

Frank

climbsk8
02-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I wish you could have been there too. It was nice chatting with Jeremy and I got to see David also do dance. He and Lisa were great. I shared a practice session with them on Friday and it was nice seeing those dances up close. They have great edges and beautiful flow. David's free skate was great too. I loved the hydroblading.

Wow ... this was my first time competing in dance, and I had a blast with David ... I wasn't expecting any compliments! I hope to someday perfect my own backwards-shoot-the-duck so we can do it in a dance program, but so far all I'm able to do is get snow in my underwear. Oh well.

Thanks to everybody for coming to our little town in NC for this competition. It was great to see all of you. I promise we're already troubleshooting the music issues (my music skipped too) and we would love to have everybody back. Also ... a big shout out to my fellow competitors in Ch. Gold Ladies ... I'm honored to share the ice with you (and occasionally zamboni it with my butt.)

One final reminder ... my company handled the videos for the comp, so if you guys need anything, or have any glitches, LET ME KNOW :)

lookingglassproductions@earthlink.net
Lisa Chisholm

LoopLoop
02-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Congratulations to everyone who competed! And of course especially to the SkatingForums members: FrankR, InsideAxel, skate1965, icecatepairs, climbsk8, skatingatty, mskater, and anyone else I missed.

flo
02-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Congrats to all. We're still frequent flyer pairs. After this we are writing "From who are you? to Nationals in 8 lessons"

Frumpy
02-20-2006, 02:09 PM
What company/photographer did the action shots for Easterns?

Thanks!

NoVa Sk8r
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Marks for the Championship events are lsited on the USFS website:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=29814

skatingatty
02-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Yep, I'm going to Dallas for my 1st adult nationals! Whee.... Is Becca going? Who will throw booze on the ice? David T. was hurling Baby Ruths at some skaters. It was my 1st time eating one. They're pretty tasty but the chocolate was crumbling onto my clothes. Good luck to everyone as we prepare for the next competition! (PS- I don't know who the official photographer was, but Michele was the one who took a bunch of excellent pics for the slide show).

icecatepairs
02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
A quick shout out to coskater...yea i am still doing pairs .. I now skate with 2salcow...:bow: Tim Mizerak. we opted out of competing this year and are setting our sights on next year as i had knee surgery in september which took me out of commisison for a while. we teamed up late in the season and i did not get the ok for throw axels and stuff from my ortho till well after i was doing jumps in singles skating , as the force of the landing was a bit much. we are both healthy and enjoying the stretched out journey to 2007 in chicago...we are also i a mirror team so i had to learn to spin the other way..8O took a bit of time. thanks for asking ...its nice to be missed :)

alliegator66
02-21-2006, 03:34 AM
To Flo--- You and Rob will surely do it! I'm his previous partner and we pulled things outta paces we did'nt know we had places in a short period of time. He speaks of you so highly and is such an easy partner to get along with that I feeel really good things are ahead for you both :) Just enjoy!
Jenny (from Atlanta and Prague and what have you...):lol:

Mrs Redboots
02-21-2006, 05:13 AM
A quick shout out to coskater...yea i am still doing pairs .. I now skate with 2salcow...:bow: Tim Mizerak. we opted out of competing this year and are setting our sights on next year as i had knee surgery in september which took me out of commisison for a while. we teamed up late in the season and i did not get the ok for throw axels and stuff from my ortho till well after i was doing jumps in singles skating , as the force of the landing was a bit much. we are both healthy and enjoying the stretched out journey to 2007 in chicago...we are also i a mirror team so i had to learn to spin the other way..8O took a bit of time. thanks for asking ...its nice to be missed :)You not coming to Europe this year then, Tara? We shall miss you!

Terri C
02-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks to everybody for coming to our little town in NC for this competition. It was great to see all of you. I promise we're already troubleshooting the music issues (my music skipped too) and we would love to have everybody back. Also ... a big shout out to my fellow competitors in Ch. Gold Ladies ... I'm honored to share the ice with you (and occasionally zamboni it with my butt.)

Just a little speculation here, but will Easterns be in the Hills next year too???

flo
02-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Alliegator66 - (love the name),
Thanks!!!!! That's so kind. We're having a great time, and so is my coach. It's fun to hear Rob say "Oh, Jenny said that too!"

mskater
02-21-2006, 11:35 AM
FrankR - Did we have a chance to chat? I'm TERRIBLE with names:] Thanks for the kind words, I actually used the 'extra' time created by my music woes to calm myself down and reduce my heart rate:]

InsideAxel - don't know if you heard, but after you left many other skaters had problems with their music. So we weren't the only ones;]

icecatepairs - Were you and I chatting after my skate about double run throughs and such? If so, I enjoyed chatting with you - hopefully I will get to cheer you on in Dallas!

-Cheers:]

FrankR
02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
FrankR - Did we have a chance to chat? I'm TERRIBLE with names:] Thanks for the kind words, I actually used the 'extra' time created by my music woes to calm myself down and reduce my heart rate:]

InsideAxel - don't know if you heard, but after you left many other skaters had problems with their music. So we weren't the only ones;]

icecatepairs - Were you and I chatting after my skate about double run throughs and such? If so, I enjoyed chatting with you - hopefully I will get to cheer you on in Dallas!

-Cheers:]

Hi mskater,

We didn't really have a chance to chat. I'm the guy that was standing by the boards that said "Nice job" to you the instant you got off the ice. lol :lol: I'm not sure if you'd remember with just having skated and everything that happened.

You are certainly right about the music woes. I'm not sure if you caught Joy Dubost's skate in Championship Master's Ladies but she actually just landed a double loop when all of a sudden the music started to stutter and screech and finally they just shut it off for the rest of her program. She continued to skate (very well, might I add) and didn't hear the referee's whistle over the crowd cheering her on. When she was done, the referee asked her to re-skate about the last minute or so of her program (which included a a circular step, falling-leaf/double toe series and a demanding combination spin) over again with the music because the judges had been instructed not to mark the portion of her program that she skated without music.

Considering both sets of circumstances I'm not sure which scenario was worse. Having to re-start as many times as you did or Joy having skated her program well, albeit without music for a good part of it, and then having the judges ask her to go back out on tired legs and re-skate such a tough segment of that program. 8O Yikes!

In any case, take care and maybe we'll get a chance to chat in Dallas.

Frank

icecatepairs
02-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi ...its me again,,

mrs redboots...not sure about germany yet. i am still considering how i will fare under the new scoring system or if i need another year to make it worth the trip. also i am only skating singles this year , but tim and i have talked about next year, when we can do both pairs and singles and make it worth the money spent. this year has been 2 plane trips as both sectionals and nationals are far from home. next year i would have my pairs partner as a travel companion. but edward and skate1965 (tim c. ) are going so i haven't ruled it out yet. besides i will miss everyone from last year if i don't go.

mskater...yes that was me that was talking to you about double run throughs and such by the boards..i am the crazy one in the purple dress that was on the ice and in the arena with my friends from ny /nj like all weekend till edward finally kicked me out and sent me back to the hotel to rest before ladies championship gold. i enjoyed watching you and look foward to seeing you in texas.

by the way all the men had really great costumes this year!

techskater
02-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Easterns are being hosted elsewhere next year. We heard the unofficial at Mids since we are still looking for a host club...

mskater
02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi FrankR and icecatepairs,

Good to meet you, I believe I met you (icecatepairs) up at Sectionals in NY a couple years back. Yes Frank, I do remember you - congratulations on your skate, I watched some of your groups warm-up but missed the actual competition. I heard it was a good one:]

See you guys in Dallas!