View Full Version : Midwestern Sectionals

NoVa Sk8r
01-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Schedule is out:
http://www.strongsvilleskating.com/Adult_Schedule.pdf

Wow:
-4 championship master men (there were none last year)
-11 championship masters ladies (there were 10 last year)
-11 championship gold ladies (there were 8 last year; 10 signed up)
-5 championship gold men (there were 6 last year; one moved up to masters level this year)

Also, 3 gold pairs teams and 2 adult pre-bronze pairs. I didn't think that existed. :?:
And no silver I/II men?!

Anyway, good luck to all our forums friends! :)

flo
01-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Pre-bronze pairs? It should probably be no test pairs as there is not a pre-bronze pair test.

manleywoman
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm one of the Masters Ladies, since I'm not longer Easterns (so Easterns is down one, and I know of at least another who had to switch to Pacifics because Easterns overlapped with the Olys and she bought tickets to the Olys before they announced Sectionals dates).

Wish me luck! I need it!

NoVa Sk8r
01-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Stay vertical!

I'll send all the DC energy your way! :)

sk8er1964
01-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Last year's ladies gold winner moved up to masters too.

TimDavidSkate
01-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Stay vertical!
:)

Isn't that Sarah Hughe's advise to Emily :D

NoVa Sk8r
01-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes, indeed .... and still applicable to every competitor!

CoolbugSuz
01-31-2006, 02:24 PM
My coach is one of the guys in either the championship gold or masters category. Not sure which one though.

Suz

coskater64
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
I still don't know why I moved up...I would appreciate it if all of yall could blink slowly during the last 1/2 revolution of my doubles. I'll skate much better that way, I can send all interested parties of map of when to blink....really:lol:

techskater
01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Some of us are still glad you moved up. ;)
Are you ready for another shot? I can get you one at the bar once we're done on Saturday! :lol:

coskater64
02-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I'll need it, and I'll take it!:lol: What was it we had last year? It was layered....

techskater
02-02-2006, 03:39 PM
It was a "BJ" and you cannot use hands again! :lol:

jazzpants
02-14-2006, 12:45 PM
WOW!!! I guess everyone is so busy w/Kwan and the Olympics that we totally forgotten that we have Midwestern Sectionals this past weekend, huh? :twisted: :lol:

Results for Midwestern Sectionals are up on USFSA...

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=29813

(Well, just the qualifying events. I didn't find any of the non-qualifying.)

Congrats to all you guys that competed at Midwestern this past weekend! :bow:

mskater
02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
WOW!!! I guess everyone is so busy w/Kwan and the Olympics that we totally forgotten that we have Midwestern Sectionals this past weekend, huh? :twisted: :lol:

Results for Midwestern Sectionals are up on USFSA...

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=29813

(Well, just the qualifying events. I didn't find any of the non-qualifying.)

Congrats to all you guys that competed at Midwestern this past weekend! :bow:

Very Cool! Anyone have any reviews/notes? I don't think I've heard of any of the Master's Men. Manelywoman was OOOOOH SO CLOSE to qualifying!!

flying~camel
02-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Non-qualifying results are posted on Don Korte's site:

http://www.sk8stuff.com/utility/lister_event_detail.asp?id=2964

jazzpants
02-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Very Cool! Anyone have any reviews/notes? I don't think I've heard of any of the Master's Men. Manelywoman was OOOOOH SO CLOSE to qualifying!! Same with sk8er1964 too!!!

AUUUUGH!!!! :frus:

(Okay, was that :frus: enough for you guys!!! :lol: )

Congrats to Cinderella On Ice though on Championship Gold Ladies. (I doubt you're reading this but if you are... :bow: )

Congrats to Lives To Skate on his Masters' debut!!! Grabbed the Silver too! WOO HOO!!! :bow:

manleywoman
02-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I'll post a review this weekend. Sorry, I've had a work deadline I've been crashing on. I have the Masters Ladies video so I can make it pretty detailed.

Yes i was close. Very sad I didn't make it, but them's the breaks! I just really hope I make it next year since ANs is in my hometown, but I really need that 2flip and 2lutz to be assured of a podium finish.

After seeing my pictures on the Ledin Video site though this morning, I wanted to quit! :frus: Ugh, I look horrible.:cry: I think I'll fast-forward through myself on the video.

techskater
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Disappointed with my skate in Championship Gold Ladies, but as they say, that's why we compete. I learned a lesson in focus from it, though, so I guess it's a good thing. I too, want to qualify next year since AN's is in my hometown!

sk8er1964
02-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Same with sk8er1964 too!!!

AUUUUGH!!!! :frus:

(Okay, was that :frus: enough for you guys!!! :lol: )

Congrats to Cinderella On Ice though on Championship Gold Ladies. (I doubt you're reading this but if you are... :bow: )

Congrats to Lives To Skate on his Masters' debut!!! Grabbed the Silver too! WOO HOO!!! :bow:

That's ok. I was thrilled with my skate, because I am nowhere near competition ready. Going in to the competition, I was hoping for something around 7th or 8th, knowing how fantastic all the Golds are. However, I couldn't have asked for anything more (well, I could, like a decent spin :roll: ).

I'm not able to go to Dallas this year anyways, so that aspect of being 5th is fine with me. If I had finished 4th, I would have declined and the next person would have gone anyways.

It was nice to see everyone again. Cinderella was great, especially considering she skated on a sprained ankle! :bow: And Techskater came roaring back in the open event on Sunday. Lives to Skate was great, as usual.

jazzpants
02-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Since I just read one of the other skating boards, I would like to add:

coskater64 gets the "Dan Zhang" award for skating with a torn ligament!!! 8O :bow: :bow: :bow: (Cinderella gets the Silver for the "Dan Zhang" award.)