View Full Version : Tried the chat room?

Ice T
08-24-2002, 07:43 AM
Have any of you tried out the chat room? I've logged in several times at different times of the day, but never find anyone there.

Anyone interested in setting up a weekly chat time with the Rinksiders? Could be fun to talk in real time!

dani
08-24-2002, 07:57 AM
I would love to have a place to chat!!

When I pull up the chat link in netscape, the browser dies. In IE, it doesn't seem to do much at all.

TashaKat
08-24-2002, 12:47 PM
I'd be up for it ..... or maybe I wouldn't as I'm in the UK ;)

I haven't tried the chat room yet but will look in :)

L x

TashaKat
08-24-2002, 12:53 PM
.... except that I just went there and all I got was a big, blank expanse of screen :?

Jim D
08-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Regarding Live Chat. … It would seem that many members, including myself, have had problems accessing it and have gotten that same blank screen, using the present program. … Out of curiosity I just tried to enter chat through I.E. 6.0 and got nothing other than the blank screen. However, when I used Netscape it did allow me in. … Go figure. :(

Adrian has commented on this issue on the following thread:

User Feedback / Forum Matters / Q&A

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1863&pagenumber=2

Jim :halo:

TashaKat
08-25-2002, 02:00 AM
Yes, Jim, I followed Adrian's link and 'voila' the thing works :) I just downloaded the 'critical updates' package and everything is fine (I have IE6). Now can someone explain 'frames' for me please?

Lx

Mrs Redboots
08-25-2002, 02:37 PM
I'll be more up for it next week when we go broadband (hopefully on Tuesday!). In the meantime, whenever I go to the chat room, nobody is there! Will be going in about ten minutes - be there????

Ice T
08-25-2002, 06:24 PM
I see that the chat room format has changed. Mrs. Redboots, I popped in tonight at 7:15 p.m. my time across the sea, but obviously I missed you.

dorvalskater1
08-25-2002, 06:45 PM
I have been in Chat for nearly an hour and all is working! I tried a few days ago and got a blank screen but now tha Adrian has changed it, I seem to have no problems...hope to hear from you all there.:)

singerskates
08-25-2002, 11:03 PM
Chat room works fine. Thanks Adrian!

Mrs Redboots
08-27-2002, 08:53 AM
I did pop in, but found the new format almost impossible to use, so popped out again. Just as soon as I have always-on access (later today, I hope, or tomorrow), I will make an effort to get used to it!