View Full Version : Skating in Seattle

skate1965
01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I'm traveling to Seattle, WA this week. Staying near the airport.

It looks like there are two rinks close to the airport. CASTLE ICE ARENA and KENT VALLEY ICE CENTRE.

According to the website they both have a 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM session. Does anyone know anything about these rinks. Are there any adult skaters out there who skate there? Any insight would be appreciated.

krisseye
02-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Kent has free ice (9:30-11:30 if I remember correctly) weekday mornings. Technically you have to be an adult resident of Kent but they never check. When I skated that session there were never more than 4 or 5 other people. If that works with your schedule, you can't beat free ice :D . I don't know anything else about their sessions. Have you tried their website?

lskater
02-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm an adult skater and will be at the 6 and 7am sessions at Castle Ice on Sat 2/4. Also there's a great public session at Highland Ice Arena (a bit more of a drive), but there's several adults at that session. There's a few adults on Sat morning freestyles as well.

My name's Lisa in case you make it!

Isk8NYC
02-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Technically you have to be an adult resident of Kent but they never check.

When I used to travel on business, I would bring my skates and my ISI/USFSA cards. You can usually talk your way into "private" sessions if you explain and ask nicely.

Doesn't hurt to offer to pay a higher rate to skate on Club or Resident ice times if they start to balk at your admittance. I must say everyone in Colorado was very nice and let me skate for free because I was from so far away. This was in the mid-1990's.