View Full Version : Control-top skating tights?

daisies
01-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Is there such a thing?

I have a dress that is pretty unforgiving, and I need as sleek a line as possible. But most control top pantyhose aren't sheer in the upper-leg portion, so I wonder if anyone makes a control-top tight for skating?

If not for skating, maybe just a light-shade control-top tight that I can wear OTB tights over or something?

Thanks!

jenlyon60
01-27-2006, 01:38 PM
What works for me (this is for dance, not freestyle) is I bought a high-waist hip and waist shaper in beige (I believe from Target or JC Penney). It has heavy spandex and some lightweight boning/support.

I put on both pairs of tights (normal and OTB [because I hate tucking laces]), then the shaper, then my dress.

I was originally looking at a leo-type body shaper, but most of them were too long in the torso for me, since I am short and chubby. The high-waist shaper comes to just below the bottom of my bra.

Hope this helps.

mdvask8r
01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Try Leggs Body Beautiful No Hose in the long leg capri version. Available at Target. I love them under OTB tights. You might want to get a size larger than you normally wear so you can pull them down lower on your legs and not have a line on your calf. They are about 35% lycra -- lots of support.

nerd_on_ice
01-27-2006, 08:43 PM
I've found Capezio Hold & Stretch tights to be quite good for smoothing lines and reducing jiggle. They are not control-top per se but they have a lot of Lycra in them, more like support hose, so they hold everything in. Also, they're incredibly durable. You would probably want a 2nd pair of tights over them, though. They're not especially warm.

jenlyon60
01-27-2006, 09:25 PM
BTW, Main Street dancewear tights have a really nice waistband that doesn't dig in, so gives a smoother line than some of the other brands.

mikawendy
01-28-2006, 03:47 AM
BTW, Main Street dancewear tights have a really nice waistband that doesn't dig in, so gives a smoother line than some of the other brands.

Yup, I just bought 2 more pair of these. The waist area is really comfortable. However it is very stretchy, so daisies, if you're also looking for support in the waist area, the Main Street kind might not be quite what you want.

I also use the Main Street dancewear tights instead of pantyhose at work. They are very soft and strong, and the color is right for me, and they don't rip every *&*()#&$)# time I go to put them on or bump into a filing cabinet, etc.

daisies
01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!!!