View Full Version : 2006 Adult Nationals Roll Call

Mel On Ice
01-26-2006, 11:42 PM
As suggested in an earlier thread, now that the deadline has passed, who all is going to Dallas?

I am entered in:

Bronze III
Interp III

I'm praying for an improvement on last year's placements, but considering my DBNAI results, I'm safely sticking with the "I just want to skate my best" plan of action.

I'm looking forward to the competitor's party and passing the bottle for a toast!

NoVa Sk8r
01-27-2006, 05:14 AM
I'll be there for Silver II.
No pairs this year (we'll be back for AN2007, though!), so maybe I'll actually be able to relax and watch and enjoy the other events.

No real expectations in Dallas. Just want to get thru my (discombobulated and axel-less :frus: ) program without my boots falling apart. Looking forward to seeing the same competitors in my event as last year and maybe seeing new blood. :?:

I'm also excited about this year's new pairs teams (Go, MSF!).

flying~camel
01-27-2006, 06:44 AM
I'll be there in Bronze I!

MusicSkateFan
01-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Well Adult Nats Debut year for me includes:

Mens Bronze III
Bronze Pairs?

Just dont know if we will get to put it all together. We are gonna try I guess

Silver Men III in Chicago? Dont know...I really want to get going on an Axel so maybe. I have had my full of testing this past year! Might need to take a year off from testing!

Skate@Delaware
01-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Have AN's ever had a pre-bronze category? If so, when was the last year it was held?

I have the figure skating channel, so I can watch you guys!!!! I will be there in spirit!!

pedonskates
01-27-2006, 08:49 AM
I will be there in Masters Novice II and Masters Interpretive II.
I just want to get through my programs without keeling over - a feat that has just become a bit more difficult.

nja
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Have AN's ever had a pre-bronze category? If so, when was the last year it was held?

I have the figure skating channel, so I can watch you guys!!!! I will be there in spirit!!

No ANs has never had pre-bronze. The lowest has always been bronze

flo
01-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Gold Pairs

We've had two skating weekends and more to come.
Music Skate Fan - you can do it, at least you two are in the same city!

Skate@Delaware
01-27-2006, 09:31 AM
No ANs has never had pre-bronze. The lowest has always been bronze

Thanks for answering.

Can't wait to see you guys!!!

I'm hoping to have my new computer by then-with TV Out hookups so I can record to my VCR. I'll let you know.

mskater
01-27-2006, 10:27 AM
I'll be there, losing my 'AN-virginity' ;] !!!

Championship Master's Men Freeskate (((huffing and puffing my way through trying not to pop anything)))

MusicSkateFan
01-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Sorry Flo, We are not from the same cities! Right now she is in Norfolk and I am in DC. She also spends a good deal of time in Colorado! We have some distance issues too!

flo
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Music - then this is the year for the long distance pairs. I'm sure that under the new judging system this qualifies as a greater level of difficulty!
Perhaps we'll see eachother at BWI!

PattyP
01-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I'll be there!

Gold III

Masters Interp III ...maybe.

TreSk8sAZ
01-27-2006, 11:53 AM
I'll be there for Bronze I --- my first Adult Nationals!!!! :D

sk8er1964
01-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Not this year for me :cry: , but I'll be back in Chicago!

mskater
01-27-2006, 02:38 PM
I'll be there for Silver II.
No pairs this year (we'll be back for AN2007, though!), so maybe I'll actually be able to relax and watch and enjoy the other events.

No real expectations in Dallas. Just want to get thru my (discombobulated and axel-less :frus: ) program without my boots falling apart. Looking forward to seeing the same competitors in my event as last year and maybe seeing new blood. :?:

I'm also excited about this year's new pairs teams (Go, MSF!).

Haha, it's official and in writing - no backing out now Nova!!!

Kevin Callahan
01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
I will be attending, although not competing.

NoVa Sk8r
01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Haha, it's official and in writing - no backing out now Nova!!!There's always a way out.

As for your "Championship Master's Men Freeskate (((huffing and puffing my way through trying not to pop anything)))" ...
That's assuming you qualify! NYAH! :P

dcden
01-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I'll be there, losing my 'AN-virginity' ;] !!!

Championship Master's Men Freeskate (((huffing and puffing my way through trying not to pop anything)))

Gosh I have the perfect one liner for this involving a certain fruit, but I can't say it!

Good luck at sectionals mskater!

mskater
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Gosh I have the perfect one liner for this involving a certain fruit, but I can't say it!

Good luck at sectionals mskater!

WOW - I really walked into that one didn't I - LOL!

Will you be there dcden?

dcden
01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes, Gold II (27-35) free, not doing qualifying this year. It will be enough of a challenge just to stay on my feet in the open event.

See you all in DALLUST!!!

coskater64
01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
I'll be in Dallas:
Master's Novice Ladies III
Master's Interp III

techskater
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll be there. Gold Ladies 2, Masters Interp 2 and hopefully (*crosses fingers*) Championship Gold Ladies if I can get this stupid program whipped into shape over the next 2 weeks for Mids....:roll:

TimDavidSkate
01-27-2006, 04:47 PM
As of today I am withdrawing from Dallas - Adult Nationals.

I'll see you all next year at Chicago ~

Joan
01-27-2006, 05:04 PM
I'll be there - also as a newbie. I'm entered in ladies bronze IV freeskate and interpretive IV. I have a lot of work to do to get ready!

manleywoman
01-27-2006, 06:50 PM
I'll be there in Junior Ladies II, and hopefully Champ. Masters Ladies.

sexyskates
01-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I'll be there in Silver Ladies Freestyle IV, and adult Interp!

WhisperSung
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
My first adult nationals!

I couldn't afford Sectionals and Nationals, so I'm going to do Masters Novice (what are the numbers for? Age divisions? I'll be 22, so I assume I'm I).

Question to other masters novice skaters: what sort of jumps do you have in your programs? I'm a little nervous that I don't have enough, or difficult enough jumps. I'm not doing any double-doubles due to knee pains.

Just praying I can get my stamina up so that I don't crash and burn half-way through the program. I'm stamina-less normally :\

And for those of you who have been to Nationals before: what's it like? I stopped competitive skating years ago since people seemed to be so mean at competitions. My adult skater friends convinced me to just give it a try, saying it was incredibly different than standard track competitions.

Beccapoo2003
01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I won't be skating this year due to personal things, but I'm going to try my d@mnest to get there to watch. Gotta throw that underwear and those nips...most of all, see my skating buddies!!
Skating hugs,
Becca

manleywoman
01-27-2006, 08:07 PM
My first adult nationals!
And for those of you who have been to Nationals before: what's it like? I stopped competitive skating years ago since people seemed to be so mean at competitions. My adult skater friends convinced me to just give it a try, saying it was incredibly different than standard track competitions.
It's incredibly fun! I won't lie to you and say that everybody is nice...there are always a few bad apples...but overwhelmingly it's the most supportive, wonderful, inspiring group of competitors you'll ever meet! You'll make lots of friends, and have a great time. It is different from standard track: no stage parents, and of course, booze!

As for Novice: a few doubles and you'll be fine. Most Novice skaters have 2loop at most.

mdvask8r
01-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Ladies Silver IV for me. See you all in Big-D!!

WhisperSung
01-27-2006, 08:42 PM
It's incredibly fun! I won't lie to you and say that everybody is nice...there are always a few bad apples...but overwhelmingly it's the most supportive, wonderful, inspiring group of competitors you'll ever meet! You'll make lots of friends, and have a great time. It is different from standard track: no stage parents, and of course, booze!

As for Novice: a few doubles and you'll be fine. Most Novice skaters have 2loop at most.

Oh, I'm so excited! I'm in it mostly to meet other people who're older and skating. I'm the only adult skater at the club I skate at. Everyone else is under 18 and has all the time (and parental funds) in the world.

&thanks for the reassurance. I have up through a double flip in my program, but I stupidly put it right after a spin, so I'm having varying degrees of success actually landing the thing (haven't figured out how not to get dizzy, despite my attempts at spotting after the spin). My whole goal is just to skate a decently clean program and have some fun (and remember to smile in my program). :)

Mrs Redboots
01-28-2006, 07:53 AM
I won't be skating this year due to personal things, but I'm going to try my d@mnest to get there to watch. Gotta throw that underwear and those nips...most of all, see my skating buddies!!
Skating hugs,
BeccaDoes that mean you won't be in Europe this year, either? I do hope not - I've bought some spray-on white hair dye!

Ice T
01-29-2006, 08:35 AM
I will be there!
Silver Ladies II (the oldest one in the age bracket this year!)
Hopefully I will be ready....I'm breaking in new boots and blades and am panicked because we are running out of time!! Yikes!! 8O
Becca -- please come throw me some nips! I'm gonna need it!! :D
See you all in like what.....8 weeks???
Ice T

CanAmSk8ter
01-29-2006, 09:21 AM
59 days. I have a countdown on the white board in my room.

I'm another rookie, BTW, and I'm competing Silver I, for reasons I haven't quite figured out yet ;)

mikawendy
01-29-2006, 11:45 AM
I will be there!
Hopefully I will be ready....I'm breaking in new boots and blades and am panicked because we are running out of time!! Yikes!! 8O
Ice T

Good luck with your new boots and blades and have a great time at AN!!! When I was breaking in my new boots, back crossovers helped the most of all things, much moreso than forward crossovers or stroking.

WhisperSung
01-29-2006, 11:51 AM
I will be there!
Ice T

Good luck breaking them in! I'm in the opposite situation. I've had my skates for 1.5 years and I'm going to need a new pair pretty soon, but last year it took 3 months to break them in and adjust to the new orthotics. . .not counting time to get them custom made and shipped back here. They'll have to wait until after nationals. Meh! Bad timing all around.

Good luck again with the skatees :)

climbsk8
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I'll be there in Gold II (still not used to the new age groups) and, for the first time ... Pre-Bronze dance. Maybe I'll be less of a train wreck as a dancer, who knows?

Also doing interp, but I decided to change my program ... I guess I better get to work!

Thin-Ice
01-30-2006, 03:32 AM
I can't believe we are talking less than 2 months until AN! 8O

Joan, make yourself known as "a rookie" in Bronze IV. Since the age change, this will be my first year in IV.. but the Bronze III Ladies last year, had the BEST time... as we all compared what it took for us to be there at all. We're a VERY friendly group.:)

I'm skating Bronze IV and Interp. IV (if I find last year's video so I can re-learn that program!).

skatingatty
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I'll be there too! My 1st adult nationals. I'll be competing in Silver II. I feel unprepared (darned overcrowded public sessions) at this point, but hope to get out to more freestyle sessions to practice before natls. :)

Joan
01-31-2006, 12:33 PM
I can't believe we are talking less than 2 months until AN! 8O

Joan, make yourself known as "a rookie" in Bronze IV. Since the age change, this will be my first year in IV.. but the Bronze III Ladies last year, had the BEST time... as we all compared what it took for us to be there at all. We're a VERY friendly group.:)

I'm skating Bronze IV and Interp. IV (if I find last year's video so I can re-learn that program!).

I look forward to meeting all of you forum users!

FrankR
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey all,

I'll be there doing Silver Men's Freestyle II. Yup, I'm the other Silver II man in all of the US of A. :P Are there really just two of us?

In any case, it'll be nice to see the skating friends I've already had the pleasure to meet and it'll be good to meet new skating friends as well.

Take care,

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
01-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll be there doing Silver Men's Freestyle II. Yup, I'm the other Silver II man in all of the US of A. :P Are there really just two of us?Yeah, seriously, Frank, where are all the Silver II guys? You and I are not that intimidating! :P

FrankR
01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, seriously, Frank, where are all the Silver II guys? You and I are not that intimidating! :P

Of course we're not that intimidating. Eeek. 8O Maybe we smell funny! :oops:

;) :lol:

Just kidding...I hope. :mrgreen:

jazzpants
01-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Of course we're not that intimidating. Eeek. 8O Maybe we smell funny! :oops:

;) :lol:

Just kidding...I hope. :mrgreen:I told you guys to stop putting on all that cologne! Don't you guys ever listen??? :twisted: :P :lol:

Mrs Redboots
02-01-2006, 05:11 AM
I told you guys to stop putting on all that cologne! Don't you guys ever listen??? :twisted: :P :lol:It's not the cologne, it would be bearable if it were - it's when they confuse the bottles and anoint themselves with flavoured vodka..... and drink the cologne! :halo: 8-) :!:

FrankR
02-01-2006, 07:22 AM
It's not the cologne, it would be bearable if it were - it's when they confuse the bottles and anoint themselves with flavoured vodka..... and drink the cologne! :halo: 8-) :!:

8O :lol: :lol: Well at least our breath would be spring-time fresh, if nothing else!

Stormy
03-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Getting this thread back up....anyone else in Silver I besides me and CanAm? I am assuming there's a qualifying round, but does anyone know anything definite?

dcden
03-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello all. I'm in Gold II Men, on Thursday. I'm hoping the LOC comes out with an updated schedule. I didn't know my event was changed from Saturday till I acted on a tip from NoVa and MusicSkateFan. Two less days to train!

I'm hoping there's fun stuff to do in DALLUST since I now have two days after my event to turn the trip into a vacation. Any SUKJESTSHUNS?

manleywoman
03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
I won't be there after all, for the first time in 9 years. I was really bummed that I didn't make it through Sectionals (although it gets harder every year so I was proud of how high I placed) and frankly didn't want to spend the $$$ and take the time off to skate in an open event that I've already medaled in several times. Plus I'm just really down about my skating in general this year...it's not making me happy right now. So I'm sitting this one out.

Have fun everyone!

coskater64
03-07-2006, 02:24 PM
I thought you skated very nicely at mids Manleywoman.

I'll be skating Masters Novice 3. I feel exceedingly old w/ that 3, just last year I was a 2. Sigh.....:o

daisies
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Aww, manleywoman, I'll miss seeing you and your wonderful skating!

I'll be there, in Masters Interp III.

daisies
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Hello all. I'm in Gold II Men, on Thursday. I'm hoping the LOC comes out with an updated schedule. I didn't know my event was changed from Saturday till I acted on a tip from NoVa and MusicSkateFan. Two less days to train!
Hmm, I wonder if mine is changed too? It will make a difference as to when I want practice ice.

I'm hoping there's fun stuff to do in DALLUST since I now have two days after my event to turn the trip into a vacation. Any SUKJESTSHUNS?
All I know is, there is Neiman Marcus Last Call right there. I might as well not even get a hotel room and just camp out there! :)

dcden
03-07-2006, 05:22 PM
I mulled over whether I should post this here or not, but in the interests of the skaters, here goes... I and a number of other skaters have discovered that the current schedule is much different from the tentative schedule posted in the announcement (which follows pretty closely the schedule that has been used in years past for AN). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact the committee chairs listed in the announcement to confirm the time and date of your event. I know that at least the following events have been rescheduled (not just forward or back an hour, but on a totally different day):
Silver I/II men
Gold II men
Bronze III men
Champ. Gold Ladies
Champ. Gold Men.

Again, I don't want to incite a barrage of calls to the committee chairs because I'm sure they have done a lot of work in organizing the event, but on the other hand I feel for the skaters' needs. I think the skaters need to find out ASAP if they need to make changes to their travel arrangements.

MusicSkateFan
03-07-2006, 05:23 PM
:twisted: Well, THIS IS PERFECT!...Just found out that the Bronze III mens event is probably going to be on Wednesday night.....Thats gonna be so nice beacuse I WILL STILL BE IN DC ON WEDNESDAY! Uh hello....When are these people gonna release a schedule!....I bought Ice time for Thursday and Friday that does me no good now! I have hotel and everything booked because the announcement said SATURDAY! I know that there can be changes to the announcement...... but from Saturday to WEDNESDAY is too much! I guess my official withdrawal is coming soon! I cant get the time off in the middle of the week at this short notice!!!! I can get in serious trouble if I fake and take sick leave!!!!
%*&%*%&%*& I AM MAD!

WHAT A WASTE OF time AND money!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :frus: :frus:

daisies
03-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Definitely let the LOC know of your problem with the new schedule. It's not fair to the people, like you, who based their travel plans on the tentative one.

Stormy
03-07-2006, 06:46 PM
That's why I waited to make plane reservations, and luckily can still snag a cheap(ish) flight on American. This really shocked me, but there is NO qualifying round for Silver Ladies I, only one group, first thing Wednesday morning. I actually am thrilled, now I only have to take 2 days off work. As much as I want to make a little vacation out of this, with my new job I have to minimize time off as much as I can.

Um, where did all the Silver I ladies go!? Are they all in II now?

vesperholly
03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Wow, no qualifying for Silver I? I KNEW I should've gone! :)

daisies
03-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Um, where did all the Silver I ladies go!? Are they all in II now?
This is the first year that adults start at 21, and age class I is now 21-27 .... so, yeah, they probably all are in II!

techskater
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey where are you all finding the new schedule? I checked all over the USFS website and the host club and can't find it. Am I missing something?

daisies
03-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey where are you all finding the new schedule? I checked all over the USFS website and the host club and can't find it. Am I missing something?
I don't believe it's out. I think this conversation is based on information received by dcden.

Ice T
03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Did anyone open the zip file that was sent by email? It says that it contains a form about merchandise available at AN. With all the viruses going around these days in zip files, I wasn't eager to open it unless I knew that it was OK.

techskater
03-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I didn't get this email either (unless my mail server rejected it!) I know I am signed up, so what gives?!

daisies
03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Did anyone open the zip file that was sent by email? It says that it contains a form about merchandise available at AN. With all the viruses going around these days in zip files, I wasn't eager to open it unless I knew that it was OK.
Nope, I've received nothing AN-related via e-mail!

flo
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Also gold pairs. I opened the file and it was ok.

Ice T
03-07-2006, 09:43 PM
OK, thanks!

icecatepairs
03-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone ,
I will be there in:

championship Ladies Gold
Masters interp 2 drama
ladies gold 2.

No pairs this year. 2salcow and i are just getting ready to put the program together after 2006. we are excited to compete in 2007. we teamed up late in the season after aston and my knee surgery, so we felt like we wanted to take it at a comfortable speed, and really enjoy the journey to 2007. we will see the rest of our pairs friends at the hackensack clinic and in chicago nest year.

music skate fan...i hear you ...i called the chairperson to check before i booked a flight. it is ridiculous and someone needs to let them know!!!!!
plane ticket changes are not free!!!!!

mskater: DOUBLE RUN THROUGHS, DOUBLE RUN THROUGHS, AND MORE DOUBLE RUN THROUGHS...followed immeditaly by a repeat of 1/3 of your program. ok so your program is longer as i now remember. but heres a few ideas...i ususally start off with a back to back (full) then the other one ( or two if i am at that stage in the "training cycle" in regards to an up coming competition) is followed by the 1/2 that was the most trouble . then if i do another one i might lap the rink and repeat my 6 minute warm up or do each element in the order it occurs in the routine . anyway theres a few ideas. i never do all that on a pairs day. just plain run throughs if we have already done pairs. but last year i did alwasy make sure to do both programs in the same day in case that happened at competiition. good luck. keep me updated
today my musoc stopped int he middle and edward made me keep going then told me to stop after i done a few elements in silence . he then told me to go back and pick it up from where the musicshut off so i would be prepared to have to repeat part if that happened in competition. i thought of you.

NoVa Sk8r
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
This is the first year that adults start at 21, and age class I is now 21-27 .... so, yeah, they probably all are in II!Class I is 21-28, and Class II is 29-35.
Class II only has a 6 year spread, so this class is bound to have fewer entries. I am curious to see how many are in the new Class I.

And boo hiss to the organizers. I think it is a major hassle for people to just now (or even later this week or next week, whenever this schedule--which was promised last week--comes out) find out about maor changes to their events. Add me to the list of people who will find it difficult to meet the new times (mine--Silver I/II Men--was switched from Sat. to Thurs. morning).

Thanks to the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys folks who did some sleuthing and got some info!

daisies
03-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Class I is 21-28, and Class II is 29-35.
Class II only has a 6 year spread, so this class is bound to have fewer entries. I am curious to see how many are in the new Class I.
Oops! Thanks for catching my typo. But actually, that's seven years' worth of ages. And besides that, Class I has a whole age range -- 21-24 -- that is new to AN, and word may not have gotten out yet. So I am not at all surprised that there is no qualifying round.

NoVa Sk8r
03-07-2006, 11:43 PM
True ... And Class II is like the anti-Baby Boomer bracket; seems like there's a dearth of peeps.

And weren't there a few young'ins in qualifying groups at sectionals, particularly Pacifics?

daisies
03-08-2006, 12:02 AM
And weren't there a few young'ins in qualifying groups at sectionals, particularly Pacifics?
I'm not sure .... IIRC there were only three new faces this year in Champ. Masters Ladies, and I know for sure one of them isn't under 25. In Champ. Gold Ladies, there were only four names I didn't know before -- the rest are vets! :)

MusicSkateFan
03-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Well have fun everyone! I am officially out! Thanks to the LOC! Bravo! Gonna get my flight changed to somwhere fun like Vegas.......F*#$ Dallas!

Sunday is my Final Skate for a long time!

BYE!

Stormy
03-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Aw, that's really sad....hopefully next year works out for you. That's totally unfair and I'd be PO'd too!

As for the number in Silver ladies I, I know it's less than 10. This has put a whole different aspect to the comp...I thought I'd have to qialify, then wait a coule days and (hopefully) skate again. Now it's a one shot deal.At Easterms, was there Silve I or just II, I know I saw a lot of ladies in II and I didn't know if it was combined.

Debbie S
03-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Oh, I'm sorry about that, MSF! What a pain in the @$$ to go and spend the money (not to mention the prep time) and have to withdraw. If anyone from the Chicago (next year) LOC is reading this, please make the (final) schedule details available much sooner. People can't take off extra days of work or change their flight and hotel plans (not to mention rearranging their family lives back home) on a moment's notice. Especially for the people who have never competed at AN before and don't know how the schedule works or if they've got a qual round or not.

So is "Sunday" CRC, MSF? Is there a schedule somewhere online? I've been trying to find one - I enjoyed watching the adult events there last year, and depending on the time, I might want to watch them this year. (and the rink will likely be warmer)

Terri C
03-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Well have fun everyone! I am officially out! Thanks to the LOC! Bravo! Gonna get my flight changed to somwhere fun like Vegas.......F*#$ Dallas!

BYE!

Not only should the LOC know, but the Adult Skating Committee too (daisies is aware, so that's one that knows!)

sk8er1964
03-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Not only should the LOC know, but the Adult Skating Committee too (daisies is aware, so that's one that knows!)

I agree. This just isn't fair to the skaters.

(I'm really glad now that I decided to skip Dallas.)

manleywoman
03-08-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm on the Chicago LOC, so now I know too.

LoopLoop
03-08-2006, 09:04 AM
So is "Sunday" CRC, MSF? Is there a schedule somewhere online? I've been trying to find one - I enjoyed watching the adult events there last year, and depending on the time, I might want to watch them this year. (and the rink will likely be warmer)

Debbie, I saw a copy of the CRC schedule at the rink this morning, and as usual, the adults are on Sunday. I believe the bronze and silver ladies warm up together at 8:50, and the men's warmup is 9:15 or so.

Mel On Ice
03-08-2006, 09:17 AM
wow, small events, people pulling out... I made 76 sacks to throw on the ice for sweeping, I hope I don't have to come home with 75 of them.

skatingatty
03-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Ugh, sorry to hear about the schedule changes making people withdraw. So... where's the schedule? I haven't bought my plane ticket (waiting to see when qualifying will be to avoid having to pay for a hotel Tues. night) but was hoping to do so today. I don't know how much the plane tickets are from NC, but the last time I checked it was about $240-270. If anyone knows when Silver II ladies free will take place, can you please let me know? Thanks!

dcden
03-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Debbie, I saw a copy of the CRC schedule at the rink this morning, and as usual, the adults are on Sunday. I believe the bronze and silver ladies warm up together at 8:50, and the men's warmup is 9:15 or so.

Yeah, Silver & Gold men apparently share a warmup. I would guess that they'll have the silver men skate first, but that's a guess. I hope they skate first... I could use a breather after the 6-minute warmup! Maybe then I won't crash into the boards like at NYI!

climbsk8
03-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Does anybody know when Gold I-II are going to be? I heard that they were combining the groups, but I know nothing about the dates.

I wish they would require LOCs to put out a schedule 4 weeks in advance. They've had our applications since January, anyway ... and that would help us keep costs down for airfare. Once you get past the 3-week mark, you're screwed!

flying~camel
03-08-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm arriving in Dallas on Monday evening, so my travel plans aren't affected, but I would like to know when I'm skating so I can plan out my week (eg practice ice, shopping time, etc.). :??

flutzilla1
03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
According to the printout of the AN announcement I have, the schedule is supposed to be out no later than today. I am also really curious about Bronze II ladies, when it is, how many of us there are, if there is a qualifier, etc. I was really surprised to hear the final round of Silver I is so early, I thought for sure the final rounds for Bronze and Silver would be Friday?

Confused and awaiting the schedule, sure hope it gets posted soon!

FrankR
03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
According to the printout of the AN announcement I have, the schedule is supposed to be out no later than today. I am also really curious about Bronze II ladies, when it is, how many of us there are, if there is a qualifier, etc. I was really surprised to hear the final round of Silver I is so early, I thought for sure the final rounds for Bronze and Silver would be Friday?

Confused and awaiting the schedule, sure hope it gets posted soon!

Hey there,

From what I've heard from friends so far, it appears as if they're trying to get the Open freestyle events for all classes (Bronze through Gold) out of the way between Wednesday and Thursday. Interps appear to be happening mostly on Friday and the Championship events are happening mostly Saturday with perhaps a few of those events spilling over into Sunday. It does make some sense for skaters that are doing both Open freestyle and Championship events because they now get a break of one or two days between those two big events to rest up and regroup. It's just unfortunate that the final schedule is so different from the initial tentative schedule since that seems to be wreaking havoc on travel plans, scheduling time off from work, etc.

Frank

dcden
03-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I agree, I actually think the new schedule makes more sense. The championship events and final rounds should come at the end of the week. I just wish that this had been placed in the announcement so that we could have time to prepare. Regardless of which schedule they want to follow, they need to make this announcement early on. It's hard to change plans now with only three weeks to go till Nationals.

Debbie S
03-08-2006, 03:03 PM
From what I've heard from friends so far, it appears as if they're trying to get the Open freestyle events for all classes (Bronze through Gold) out of the way between Wednesday and Thursday. OK, so are the final rounds for Bronze Ladies still on Friday? I think my Bronze III friend was told the qual round was on Wed and the final round (if she qualifies) will be on Friday. Does anyone know if this has changed?

Debbie S
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Debbie, I saw a copy of the CRC schedule at the rink this morning, and as usual, the adults are on Sunday. I believe the bronze and silver ladies warm up together at 8:50, and the men's warmup is 9:15 or so.Thanks, Loops. Yikes, that's early. If I don't make it there, good luck to everyone competing! It sounds like there are fewer Bronze Ladies than there were last year, if Bronze and Silver are combined in warm-up and are only lasting 25 minutes total.

dcden
03-08-2006, 03:09 PM
At last, the club website has a tentative schedule up. Go to www.dallasfsc.org & click on the Adult nationals link.

I am hoping there are no further radical changes to this version of the schedule!!

flying~camel
03-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, there's no QR for Bronze I, so I get to go to final round in my first AN! ;)

jazzpants
03-08-2006, 03:31 PM
HOLY COW!!! 8O 8O 8O I used to remember when there were FOUR initial rounds in Bronze Ladies Group II (now III) Is is now the top 6 skaters qualifying in Bronze Ladies III?

I see the point for Bronze Ladies Group I and II, but even if they'd combined, it's still just two groups!!! 8O Attendance is really down this year, huh? :??

daisies
03-08-2006, 03:32 PM
At last, the club website has a tentative schedule up. Go to www.dallasfsc.org & click on the Adult nationals link.

I am hoping there are no further radical changes to this version of the schedule!!
Hmmm, I can't seem to locate the schedule on that site. Can someone help me out please? :)

flo
03-08-2006, 03:34 PM
When I first competed in Bronze at AN there were 80 of us in II!

Debbie S
03-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Hmmm, I can't seem to locate the schedule on that site. Can someone help me out please? :)Do you have AOL? If so, your browser may have "cookie'ed" the page and not letting you see recent updates. Try opening the link with Internet Explorer or Netscape.

Thanks for posting the link to the schedule. Off to e-mail it to my friend.

Sheesh, only 40 minutes total for Bronze Ladies I and II. That's what - 10 skaters in each class, tops? And first thing Wed morning. My AN experience (if I qualified) would have been over pretty quickly. Isn't 9:35 about the time I competed in NYI (in other words, early)? Some things never change - lol.

dcden
03-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm a bit surprised that there is only one rink in use on Saturday. It is curious that many of the events which were rescheduled were moved from Saturday. I wonder why this was done, since obviously there was available ice on Saturday... and as others have pointed out, it's not like there's been a huge turnout so that the Saturday events were overbooked.

Are others thinking what I'm thinking...?

daisies
03-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Do you have AOL? If so, your browser may have "cookie'ed" the page and not letting you see recent updates. Try opening the link with Internet Explorer or Netscape.
Yep, I am on AOL! That was the problem. Now I can see it. Thanks!!!

mskater
03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Cool, hope we don't have any future revisions(((crosses fingers)))

For those who have competed at AN's before, did you have any problems signing up for practice ice on the day-of?

NoVa Sk8r
03-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Cool, hope we don't have any future revisions(((crosses fingers)))

For those who have competed at AN's before, did you have any problems signing up for practice ice on the day-of?As I recall from last year, it was *better* to sign up for practice ice once at Nats; if you signed up ahead of time, you were (randomly) assigned a practice session, and it was difficult to change the session.

NoVa Sk8r
03-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm a bit surprised that there is only one rink in use on Saturday. It is curious that many of the events which were rescheduled were moved from Saturday. I wonder why this was done, since obviously there was available ice on Saturday... and as others have pointed out, it's not like there's been a huge turnout so that the Saturday events were overbooked.

Are others thinking what I'm thinking...?There must be a pickup hockey game scheduled. :roll: :P

BostonBoyChris
03-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Is there an e-mail address of a contact at the LOC? If Bronze Men remains on Wednesday I too will probably have to withdraw because of school conflicts. :-(

starskate6.0
03-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi guys and girls

I am not going to Nationals this year. I just wanted to wish the gold men the best and I hope you all have a great skate , I met a lot of you last year and i thought you where a great bunch. :) I also want to wish all the other skaters good luck and have a great time.. See you next year in Chicago ...:)

Ross.

LoopLoop
03-08-2006, 06:20 PM
As I recall from last year, it was *better* to sign up for practice ice once at Nats; if you signed up ahead of time, you were (randomly) assigned a practice session, and it was difficult to change the session.
And some of the practice ice assignments were ... puzzling. They scheduled Nova and I on a pairs practice session at the SAME TIME as my singles qualifying event. They let us switch that one without too much difficulty; of course they switched us to one full of pre-gold dance teams! :frus:

Terri C
03-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Okay, here is a kicker that I see!
Most of the non-qual final rounds for the ladies are on Friday afternoon, for those that have qualifying rounds to get through.
The Interps are on Friday morning!!
There will be one bunch of tired skaters- two events in one day at AN- sheesh!!

FrankR
03-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay, here is a kicker that I see!
Most of the non-qual final rounds for the ladies are on Friday afternoon, for those that have qualifying rounds to get through.
The Interps are on Friday morning!!

That's happend to people before. Ask icecatepairs! :lol: Last year she had Gold Pairs and Championship Gold Ladies within a couple of hours of one another. She made it through but I'm sure it was quite a challenge having two heavy-duty events like that so close together.

Stormy
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Silver Ladies have qualifying rounds on Wednesday and Finals on Saturday? That seems like an awfully long time in between. I am glad I don't have to do that...I'd be super annoyed!

daisies
03-08-2006, 06:55 PM

Silver Ladies have qualifying rounds on Wednesday and Finals on Saturday? That seems like an awfully long time in between.

And here it is.... Solid evidence that you can't please everyone! LOL!

Terri C
03-08-2006, 08:02 PM

Are others thinking what I'm thinking...?

Can I make a educated guess here??
Simply put, there were not enough skaters signed up for AN to cover the ice costs. Face it, weekend prime time rates are more expensive than during the week- that's possibly why some of the non Qual Mens events got moved to the weekday!!

Stormy
03-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Have the numbers been declining at ANs in recent years? When my club in Marlborough, MA had it, I remember there being about 400-500 people there. What's the average attendance? I wish my club would have it again, I had such a blast working it!

MusicSkateFan
03-08-2006, 08:55 PM
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: My beef is.....they KNEW the entries were low back in what..JANUARY! they could have um maybe emailed and said they were going to make RADICAL changes to the tentative schedule! I know I am venting and sound down right nasty but I have gone through 16 months of hell pushing myself to pass the 4 tests to make it to NATS only to have them take my money and not tell me of the schedule change! What really is making me MAD is that I am such a procrastinator and this was the one thing that I made sure I had done...... Thursday and Friday off and have the flight and hotel booked.....I have no way of going back and trying to get another day off out of this! I HATE DALLAS FSC.... I HATE USFSA.....I HATE ADULT NATIONALS.....I WANT MY PRACTICE ICE MONEY BACK! I WOULD HAVE NEVER ENTERED IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS ON WEDNESDAY!

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE JUST BEEN INVOLVED IN A SCAM!
WHY WAS EVERYONE TELLING ME TO BOOK MY FLIGHTAND TIME OFF IF THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

WHAT THE F*&#$ AM I TO DO NOW?

jazzpants
03-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Can I make a educated guess here??
Simply put, there were not enough skaters signed up for AN to cover the ice costs. Face it, weekend prime time rates are more expensive than during the week- that's possibly why some of the non Qual Mens events got moved to the weekday!!Yup! I thought the same thing too!!!

Could the Bronze Men events be spread out say on Thursday and Friday nights? I believe in the past the Bronze Ladies event has been historically been on Wednesday (IR) and Friday (FR). Any of you guys who competed as a Bronze Men at AN remembered what days Bronze Men events has been in the past? Has AN historically had the men's non-qualifying events on weekends (like Friday?)

MSF: I'm so sorry this happened to you!!! I don't blame 'ya for being upset!!! I would be too!!! :cry: You should, at the very least, ask for your registration fee and practice ice money back!!!

dcden
03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
jazzpants - I just looked back at my program booklets from AN 01-03, and it seems that most of the men's open events were on Saturday. In 04 I remember the open gold events also being on Saturday, as well as the Silver 36-45 event.

So when the tentative schedule came out and followed the same pattern, I had no reason to think otherwise.

jazz & Terri, I really don't want to, but am reluctantly starting to, consider the possibility that the LOC switched days on the Saturday events just to save some money. While they may have saved a few hundred dollars to free up ice on one rink for Saturday, many affected skaters are out at least $120 for their entry fee and who knows how much more in practice ice, flight/hotel/car reservations, etc.

While I know the LOC reserves the right to change from the tentative schedule in the announcement, it seems this should only be done if there is a logistical problem (too many starts in one day, or certain athletes in two events occurring at the same time). Somehow I doubt that this was the case. I compared the schedule in the announcement and the updated tentative schedule on the website, and they look quite different.

This is really awful that people have to withdraw due to the scheduling change. BostonBoyChris & MSF I'm really sorry about this situation and hope that you can at least get some kind of refund for your registration & practice ice money. I think if enough people raise this (and it sounds like many are affected), something may be done.

NoVa Sk8r
03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Any of you guys who competed as a Bronze Men at AN remembered what days Bronze Men events has been in the past? Has AN historically had the men's non-qualifying events on weekends (like Friday?)
Here's the schedule from last year:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/200405/usadultchamps/schedule.pdf

icecatepairs
03-08-2006, 10:03 PM
hi everyone..yeah Frank is right about the two events in one day. i gave everything i had emotionally and physically in gold pairs, then had to sacrifice my own rest time to attend the medal ceremony. i was done before i started in championship gold. i mean i wasnt a conteneder anyway, just one of those happy to be at the party qualifiers, but still i would have liked to skati a program i was happy with. it happened to us in sectionals as well only it was worse we had less than an hour to be ready to try to qualify to championship. its a wonder we both did. that was last year. but next year I am looking foward to pairs again with my new partner 2salcow and this is a concern. i will try again for championship gold and hope that they don't do the same thing next year. the pairs and dance events should never be the same day as the championship qualifiers at sectionals. they are not promoting teams to stay together this way. its hard enough to find a partner in the world of adult skating, and then these are the obstacles they are up against. i wish there was a way we could put all our concerns in writing at the end of the season to see what can be done to keep up with the changing world of adult figure skating. lets look back ont he tapes of 10 years ago. maybe the level of skating was different. in france last year they did not have practice ice scheduled for the pairs..just dance and singles. we had to fight for it and got very little..I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP..they asked us "don't you just practice on the floor or something" Paul and JUdy and me and jason were like...hello does anyone know we do over the head lifts and throw axels in adult gold pairs these days...does anyone care that we are halfway around the world in a different time zone and altitude and we might need to warm this stuff up. !!!! we got the same response in sectionals last year when we discussed the schedule concern..as if how could we possible be tired...what could we be doing these days a few single jumps and some side by side scratch spins. the bottom line is that the level of skting from bronze to gold has increased int he past 10 years, but the rules don't show that. as int he time allowances. we go to new system next year...i can barely fit 6 jumping passes, full footwork. 3 combo spinds and full spirals now in 2:40 wait you wanted choreography as well...my god who has time for that ..!@!!!!!!anyway enought for now before my tiredness turns to bitterness!!!

anyway we will miss all of you in texas who are dropping out and we hope this won't happen again next year!!

it

WhisperSung
03-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Okay, I *think* I understand the schedule (maybe. . .). I'm in Masters Novice I, so my warm-up is on Thursday a few hours before my competition.

When they say Masters Novice I&II, though, does that mean they've combined the event? Because they're allotting 55 minutes for our event. . .what's that? 6 minute warm-up and 16-ish skaters? Does that sound correct? I've never done this competition before (was too young last year), so I have no idea.

All I can say is I'm so thankful my event wasn't moved to Wednesday, considering I can't get in before then.

Anyone else doing Masters Novice?

One of the women at my rink who's done AN before said the arena is just packed which sort of freaked me out. . .is that true? *gulp!* better start working on my program!8O

Terri C
03-09-2006, 07:59 AM
jazzpants - I just looked back at my program booklets from AN 01-03, and it seems that most of the men's open events were on Saturday. In 04 I remember the open gold events also being on Saturday, as well as the Silver 36-45 event.

So when the tentative schedule came out and followed the same pattern, I had no reason to think otherwise.

jazz & Terri, I really don't want to, but am reluctantly starting to, consider the possibility that the LOC switched days on the Saturday events just to save some money. While they may have saved a few hundred dollars to free up ice on one rink for Saturday, many affected skaters are out at least $120 for their entry fee and who knows how much more in practice ice, flight/hotel/car reservations, etc.

While I know the LOC reserves the right to change from the tentative schedule in the announcement, it seems this should only be done if there is a logistical problem (too many starts in one day, or certain athletes in two events occurring at the same time). Somehow I doubt that this was the case. I compared the schedule in the announcement and the updated tentative schedule on the website, and they look quite different.

This is really awful that people have to withdraw due to the scheduling change. BostonBoyChris & MSF I'm really sorry about this situation and hope that you can at least get some kind of refund for your registration & practice ice money. I think if enough people raise this (and it sounds like many are affected), something may be done.

Sadly, as a club officer who has to think in terms of how many skaters we need to have to cover ice costs, etc, this is a realistic reason. Nevertheless, it's very inconsiderate, as MSF said, the registration deadline was JANUARY!!
I really hope in the end there's a decent excuse for this.

manleywoman
03-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Question: isn't it every year when the schedule doesn't come out until about three weeks before ANs? Which is not to say that I'm defending all the drastic schedule changes, but there must be a reason that it takes so long to get the schedule finalized every year . . . is it the LOC's fault or the fault of the referee (USFS)?

I just wonder if it's even possible to get the schedule out faster to allow for more planning time for the participants. i seem to recall that the schedule's always late.

The Sectionals schedule never comes out until about a week before (but events are always on the Saturday, so it's not as big a deal for planning).

flying~camel
03-09-2006, 08:11 AM
WHAT THE F*&#$ AM I TO DO NOW?

Why don't you contact the LOC and see if they can move your event to a different day?

The schedule that was posted is, technically, still tentative, so it's worth a shot! ;)

dcden
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Question: isn't it every year when the schedule doesn't come out until about three weeks before ANs?

True dat, but usually when it does come out, it at least somewhat follows what was in the announcement or what's been done in years past. I know there's probably a disclaimer in the announcement saying that what's listed is not the final schedule, but come on... both championship gold ladies moved two days forward and the men's open events moved two (or three!) days backward? I don't think they tried to follow the tentative schedule at all... it certainly doesn't look that way.

icecatepairs, what a horrible story! I didn't realize that you've been asked two do events back to back like that so many times. To borrow from the Oscars (another source of bitterness, but that's another thread) "It's hard out here for a pair skater".

sk8er1964
03-09-2006, 09:02 AM
When they say Masters Novice I&II, though, does that mean they've combined the event? Because they're allotting 55 minutes for our event. . .what's that? 6 minute warm-up and 16-ish skaters? Does that sound correct? I've never done this competition before (was too young last year), so I have no idea.

Yes, they combined the age levels. At Mids, they alloted 53 minutes for 11 champ gold skaters, and our programs are a bit shorter than yours. For AN, They probably had something like 9 II's and 1 I so they combined them. :)

One of the women at my rink who's done AN before said the arena is just packed which sort of freaked me out. . .is that true? *gulp!* better start working on my program!8O

Generally the only events that are truly packed are champ masters men and ladies. The other champ events get a good turn out. For an open event on Thursday, it probably will not be overwhelming for you.

Good luck! Enjoy your first AN!

LoopLoop
03-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Silver Ladies have qualifying rounds on Wednesday and Finals on Saturday? That seems like an awfully long time in between. I am glad I don't have to do that...I'd be super annoyed!
Last year the silver ladies q-rounds were on Wednesday and the final round was Friday.

BostonBoyChris
03-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Does anyone know when this schedule will actually be final? I want to try to change school things around but I don't want to ask professors for any favors until the schedule is final. ANy thoughts?

techskater
03-09-2006, 03:10 PM
It's not "final" until everyone gets there and gets checked in to AN's. They can still probably make some changes if necessary, but unless something drastic happens, I'd plan on that being THE schedule.

I don't think they can put out the schedule until all the Sectionals happen and they see who is withdrawing from Open groups who made it in Championship groups (you have that option if you qualify). The schedule always comes out the week after the last Sectional happens.

We will make sure in Chicago next year that whatever is posted in the announcement is at least SIMILAR to what is put up as the schedule to avoid the bitterness and anger being posted here!

Terri C
03-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I don't think they can put out the schedule until all the Sectionals happen and they see who is withdrawing from Open groups who made it in Championship groups (you have that option if you qualify). The schedule always comes out the week after the last Sectional happens.

And come to think of it, Pac Coasts was just last weekend.
However, that doesn't explain the Silver and Bronze event changes, though.

daisies
03-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Remember that it's actually the Chief Referee who puts the schedule together, not the LOC. But you should still contact the LOC with whatever problems you have, and they in turn can let the referee know what is going on.

TimDavidSkate
03-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Why didnt they stick to the normal set schedule!!!

That would have pissed me off!!! Good thing I am not going this year.

I would have stayed in Dallas from Tuesday night - to next day Wednesday for the Bronze comepetition - wait until Saturday for the Ch. Gold Men's event? He** no!!:x

WhisperSung
03-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes, they combined the age levels. At Mids, they alloted 53 minutes for 11 champ gold skaters, and our programs are a bit shorter than yours. For AN, They probably had something like 9 II's and 1 I so they combined them. :)

Haha, I'm probably the only Division I skater, then. ;)

Generally the only events that are truly packed are champ masters men and ladies. The other champ events get a good turn out. For an open event on Thursday, it probably will not be overwhelming for you.

Good luck! Enjoy your first AN!

Thanks! I'm actually quite freaked out. It doesn't help that I had a crappy practice today (I don't know what the older adult skaters can complain about with us younger ones being allowed to enter now. . .I'm the slowest skater known to man. Someone should've taught me how to actually PUSH when I'm stroking through my programs! I'm like a snail. Just saw my practice program on tape today, heh) and one of the rungs on my skate is almost completely popped off.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to it and hoping it's a very collegial environment. Skating in front of people scares me, but I felt I had to try this at least once!

techskater
03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
However, that doesn't explain the Silver and Bronze event changes, though.

I think the referee has to build the whole schedule together with all the changes to Championship/Open events at the same time, so even though the entries for Bronze and Silver remain the same and they knew they were moving it around, is it right to publish a partial schedule and leave the other folks hanging? I agree, though, they SHOULD have either not published the tentative schedule in the announcement or should have posted changes as soon as they knew they were going to compress. It's something to advise our chief referee and LOC of for Chicago since there's not much that can be done about the Dallas schedule.

Terri C
03-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I agree, though, they SHOULD have either not published the tentative schedule in the announcement or should have posted changes as soon as they knew they were going to compress. It's something to advise our chief referee and LOC of for Chicago since there's not much that can be done about the Dallas schedule.

Hey, the one good thing is that folks like yourself and manleywoman are taking notes of these issues (or pitfalls, really) and know what can possibly avoided next year.

rlichtefeld
03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I just checked the website to see if there were any changes to the schedule...

http://www.dallasfsc.org/2006AdultNationals/2006AdultNationals.htm

And, now there is no schedule.

I hope they don't change too many things (Gold Pairs), cause I just my our reservations last night. And, my wife flies to India for a month on that Saturday, so I have a tight window.

Rob

jazzpants
03-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I just checked the website to see if there were any changes to the schedule...

http://www.dallasfsc.org/2006AdultNationals/2006AdultNationals.htm

And, now there is no schedule.

I hope they don't change too many things (Gold Pairs), cause I just my our reservations last night. And, my wife flies to India for a month on that Saturday, so I have a tight window.

RobI've been reading on other boards that they had to shuffle the schedule around b/c a lot of people are withdrawing due to schedule conflicts around work/school/etc.

Even with that... oh, man!!!! Still a decline in the number of people showing up for AN this year and this is based on no withdrawals! 8O I guess we're still recovering from the economy, huh?

dcden
03-10-2006, 03:23 PM
???

I would think that if people were withdrawing left and right, this would make it LESS necessary to shuffle around the schedule.

InsideAxel
03-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Well, I had made reservations and flight plans based on the preliminary schedule from the announcement. Now I've rearranged (at great expense) those reservations based on the schedule that was posted on the website.

If it changes again, I won't be wasting any more money.

Kelton

NoVa Sk8r
03-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I am so glad I haven't made any plans yet!

sk8er1964
03-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Haha, I'm probably the only Division I skater, then. ;)

Thanks! I'm actually quite freaked out. It doesn't help that I had a crappy practice today (I don't know what the older adult skaters can complain about with us younger ones being allowed to enter now. . .I'm the slowest skater known to man. Someone should've taught me how to actually PUSH when I'm stroking through my programs! I'm like a snail. Just saw my practice program on tape today, heh) and one of the rungs on my skate is almost completely popped off.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to it and hoping it's a very collegial environment. Skating in front of people scares me, but I felt I had to try this at least once!

I usually practice badly right before a big event. Don't worry about that! As for AN, you'll find adult skaters very, very supportive of each other.

WhisperSung
03-10-2006, 06:57 PM
I usually practice badly right before a big event. Don't worry about that! As for AN, you'll find adult skaters very, very supportive of each other.

Thanks. I definitely need to believe in myself more. I also need to get my stamina up in order to be able to do this program. . .more knee bend and push. It's just so strange, because this is new territory for me. . .no idea what to expect!

Either way, I just finalized my plans, so I'm definitely coming!

climbsk8
03-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Well, I had made reservations and flight plans based on the preliminary schedule from the announcement. Now I've rearranged (at great expense) those reservations based on the schedule that was posted on the website.

If it changes again, I won't be wasting any more money.

Kelton

I'm SO sorry Kelton! I got lucky and managed to get my flight changed. Thank God for US Airways. I also called my biggest client and told them I COULD work on the weekend, after I told them I couldn't. So far, I'm not losing any money here. But I'm really worried that they might change the schedule again, which would COMPLETELY stink.

I really hope everything works out for you! See you there!

MusicSkateFan
03-10-2006, 08:06 PM
:twisted: What's this? This would make me more mad! I have already withdrawn.....If they change the schedule yet again.....no email response from the person I was told to withdraw from? What is up with these people!

Sounds like a big MESS!!!!

Dont know if I would go now...I haven't cancelled my original flight and hotel yet....I am in the process of making plans for Vegas!

sk8er1964
03-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks. I definitely need to believe in myself more. I also need to get my stamina up in order to be able to do this program. . .more knee bend and push. It's just so strange, because this is new territory for me. . .no idea what to expect!

Either way, I just finalized my plans, so I'm definitely coming!

WhisperSung - check your PM's :P

WhisperSung
03-12-2006, 10:17 AM
WhisperSung - check your PM's :P

Have checked and responded. I think I might've babbled a little more than I should've, but I did respond. :P