View Full Version : Regionals and ages

TwirlGirl10
01-23-2006, 06:40 AM
I was wondering if there was an age limit for going to regionals in pre-juv. Thanks!

jenlyon60
01-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Pre-Juv is non-qualifying. Not sure there is an age limit. In reality, though, the bulk of the competitors are going to be 10 and under.

If your region has an Open Juvenile event, though, why not do that if you can pass Juv MIF/FS? Open Juv usually attracts the Juv-level skaters who are past the 13 year old cut off.

Joan
01-23-2006, 09:24 AM
For open Juv. singles, you must be no more than 18. For qualifying Intermediate, you must also be no more than 18. Only at the novice level and higher is there no longer an age limit.

TreSk8sAZ
01-23-2006, 09:52 AM
If your region has an Open Juvenile event, though, why not do that if you can pass Juv MIF/FS? Open Juv usually attracts the Juv-level skaters who are past the 13 year old cut off.

Of course, this event is non-qualifying as well.

CanAmSk8ter
01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Just wanted to add that since Pre-Juv is a non-qualifying event, it's not offered at every Regional, every year. It's up to the host club. The on year I know my region planned to offer it, they ran into time constraints and couldn't. If you're dead-set on doing Regionals, I'd plan way in advance to test up and compete Open Juv if necessary.