View Full Version : Third Place

Melzorina
01-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Last week my coach asked me if I wanted to do a club competition, so I signed up to the skating school and I was very nervous about the Spin Spiral and Jump I did yesterday. The competition is accumulative, so all the marks add up to each other - there's three rounds.

So off I went and skated, I thought I was going to cry even though it didn't really mean anything, but on my first ever competition, I came third place! So I go into the next round in third place, how cool is that?!

Now, I have to perfect my program! Argh!

samba
01-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Last week my coach asked me if I wanted to do a club competition, so I signed up to the skating school and I was very nervous about the Spin Spiral and Jump I did yesterday. The competition is accumulative, so all the marks add up to each other - there's three rounds.

So off I went and skated, I thought I was going to cry even though it didn't really mean anything, but on my first ever competition, I came third place! So I go into the next round in third place, how cool is that?!

Now, I have to perfect my program! Argh

That's more than cool, that's Brilliant!!

WELL DONE MEL

Cheers
Grace

NickiT
01-22-2006, 08:30 AM
That's excellent. A big WELL DONE to you!

Nicki

sunshinepointe
01-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Woohoo! 3rd place is awesome :)

Mrs Redboots
01-22-2006, 09:15 AM

Now, I have to perfect my program! Argh!
It's very cool! Well done! And did you enjoy yourself - are you going to love competition, or hate it, do you think?

And you did better than me - there was just me and the Husband in our class in our club's Spin, Spiral, Jump, and he not only beat me by a country mile, but would not have disgraced himself had we been lumped with the other Under Level 1 skaters - at that, nor would I, but he would have been on the podium, and I wouldn't.

nerd_on_ice
01-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Woohoo! Great job!

I'd be putting in smileys if I could. They don't seem to be working. Oh, here, I'll do a kaomoji: \(^_^)/

Melzorina
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Thank you!!!

I'm not quite sure whether I like it or not yet. As I said I felt really nervous beforehand, to the verge of tears which is a bit silly really bit ice skaitng is all that matters to me!

The next round is in may so I'll be more prepared I think. I'm going to work really hard on my program and do my absolute best ever possible!!!!

dbny
01-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Very, very cool! Stay calm and just skate for the love of it.

kittie067
01-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Way to go Mel!!!!!!!!!

~kittie

Remember me???:D

jazzpants
01-22-2006, 07:19 PM
VERY KEWL, you BRONZE LADY!!! Congrats to you!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Skate@Delaware
01-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Congrats, Mel!

Now that you are "seasoned" are you going to do some more competitions?

Melzorina
01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Way to go Mel!!!!!!!!!

~kittie

Remember me???:D

Kittie! Long time no speak! I messages you a while ago and you never messaged me back! :cry:

Nice to hear from you though!!

---

I'm hoping to do more competitions, the one I've currently entered has three rounds, so I've got two more planned for this year. I don't know about other ones though. I'd like to, I'll have to speak to my coach about that one though!!!

flo
01-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Enjoy it! :)

Melzorina
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Once I get used to it, I hope I will!!!

doubletoe
01-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Woohoo! Great job!

I'd be putting in smileys if I could. They don't seem to be working. Oh, here, I'll do a kaomoji: \(^_^)/

And a "banzai!" kaomoji from me, too! \(^_^)/
Congratulations!!