View Full Version : Competition today! but i need advice....

figure_skater
01-21-2006, 01:27 PM
im so happy (and nervous) about the competition today... (i skate aroundd 4pm so there is a LONG wait for me) but i like wake up and start walking around and notice that my leg is sooooooooo sore prob from really pushing my skating yesterday... but is there anything i can do???

thanks.

<3 manda

Mrs Redboots
01-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Warm up. Seriously - unless you've done some damage, you're probably only really stiff, and once you've warmed up you won't notice it. And the adrenaline of the competition will keep you going.

Best of luck, skate well, and remember you can't control what your competition does, and you can't control what the judges think, so all you can do is go out there, skate your best, and have fun.

MichTheSkater
01-21-2006, 02:58 PM
when im nervious i notice i always get really stiff. so warm up.. you may feel tired, but thats just because your nervious... Next time.. dont over train the day before you compete. your body isnt used to that and it may not perform as well as it could.

VegasGirl
01-22-2006, 11:56 AM
How did it go?
Hope all went well and your leg didn't give you too much trouble!

figure_skater
01-22-2006, 02:07 PM
i got 4th in my group out of 6. its ok... but i know i could have done WAY better... but there is always next time... and my leg actually didnt really bother me on the ice but when i got off it was killin me. thanks for the encouragement though....

<3 manda