View Full Version : Uh-oh. Did I miss the deadline?

FrankR
01-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Hello all,

I tried to register online for Adult Nationals via the usfsaonline.org website a few hours ago. However, when I go to the online registration site, Adult Nationals is no longer listed as an eligible event for me. I thought since the post-mark deadline is today that we had until the end of the day (midnight) today to enter online as well. I guess it's my own fault for waiting until the eleventh hour to get my act together. :cry:

I'm going to try and send out a paper entry today since I can have it postmarked today and still make the deadline. However, has anyone else tried to register online today and had a problem?

Thanks,

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
01-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Eek! Thanks for the heads up.

NaomiBeth1
01-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a screw up by UFSFA. Have you tried contacting them to fix the web. I think that they used midnight on the 17th as the deadline, instead of midnight or 11:59PM 24 hours later.

I'm not going this year, so it doesn't affect me!

FrankR
01-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a screw up by UFSFA. Have you tried contacting them to fix the web. I think that they used midnight on the 17th as the deadline, instead of midnight or 11:59PM 24 hours later.

I'm not going this year, so it doesn't affect me!

Hey Naomi,

I thought that this might be the case as well. I did send Tony Conte an e-mail since he is the Adult Committee Chairperson. I didn't know who else to contact. I suppose if I weren't in a panic I would probably be able to think more clearly. (ARGHHH 8O Ok. Breathe....breathe. :lol: ) If I get a response from Tony I'll let everyone know what he said.

Thanks,

Frank

dcden
01-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Good luck with that Frank. I registered on 1/15, because of my fiasco with not registering before 1/3 for sectionals. While I probably would not have been prepared for sectionals in time anyway, I still flagellated myself for waiting too long and missing the deadline.

In any case, the online registrationg was working on 1/15, but since you are going thru the proper channels now you should be okay.

I know a skater here who had a similar issue getting her sectional app in on time. I will contact her to see how she resolved that issue.

NoVa Sk8r
01-17-2006, 10:43 AM
OK, it's now working for me.
So still got 12 hours to decide! :P

MusicSkateFan
01-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Sending out my paper one today....I might be a surprise entry in one of the events! Let's just say I was head-hunted in the final hour and am awaiting a tryout. It could be just like Nam/Leftheris!

Also, Will there be a Bronze Men III event? We shall see! :roll:

LoopLoop
01-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Sending out my paper one today....I might be a surprise entry in one of the events! Let's just say I was head-hunted in the final hour and am awaiting a tryout. It could be just like Nam/Leftheris!

Also, Will there be a Bronze Men III event? We shall see! :roll:
Is this the same person who's been insisting and insisting and insisting that he would NEVER be interested in skating pairs? :P :P

More details, please. ;)

jazzpants
01-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Is this the same person who's been insisting and insisting and insisting that he would NEVER be interested in skating pairs? :P :P

More details, please. ;)Yes, enquiring minds want to know, MSF... :P Someone must have given you an offer you couldn't refuse... :twisted:

Okay, I'll put my name into the "you'll never see me in Pairs or couples ice dancing" hat!!! Fire away, guys!!! :P (The only time I've done anything pairs was with my primary coach during my lesson and only once in blue moon. The lifts are scary enough... never mind the men!!! :twisted: :P )

BTW: I wasn't able to enter into Adult Sectionals online (this was way back in December). I believe only qualifying events were allow to be entered online.

FrankR
01-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Hello all,

I e-mailed the technical support group at the USFS Members' website and they e-mailed me back saying that they fixed the problem. Of course I, being completely panic-stricken, ran out and mailed a paper entry during my lunch break. So I'm in and it appears we got the online registration working again for today. Phew! :P

So NoVa and Loops, are you guys going after all? It's also good to hear that you're going after all, MSF. After all the work you put into your test, you deserve to get out there and enjoy yourself at AN.

Take care all,

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
01-17-2006, 12:15 PM
So NoVa and Loops, are you guys going after all? It's also good to hear that you're going after all, MSF. After all the work you put into your test, you deserve to get out there and enjoy yourself at AN.Loops punked out on me ( :evil: ), and I'm still trying to decide if I should go for silver II or just let you be combined with the mighty and multitudinous Silver IIIs! (I think that we comprise the entire silver II field, unless there are others in the 29-35 age group.)

NaomiBeth1
01-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Loops punked out on me ( :evil: ), and I'm still trying to decide if I should go for silver II or just let you be combined with the mighty and multitudinous Silver IIIs! (I think that we comprise the entore silver II field, unless there are others in the 29-35 age group.)

maybe there are some new Silver I's. Wouldn't they combine you there and have the disadvantage, rather than have the advantage with the Silver IIIs?

I'm hoping for NYI, that there are enough ladies Silver I's so I don't have to skate with the young'ins! Most likely I'm expecting I's and II's to be combined like Halloween Classic.

NoVa Sk8r
01-17-2006, 12:43 PM
maybe there are some new Silver I's. Wouldn't they combine you there and have the disadvantage, rather than have the advantage with the Silver IIIs?

I'm hoping for NYI, that there are enough ladies Silver I's so I don't have to skate with the young'ins! Most likely I'm expecting I's and II's to be combined like Halloween Classic.There is at least one Silver I, but I've not heard that he is going to Nats. And if it is just him and Frank, then AFAIK the referee can still combine those two with the Silver III's to avoid a situation (that happened a few times in KC) where one withdraws because of illness, work/family conflicts, thus preventing the other from competing at all. (Or could the referee at the last second combine events? Hmm.)

MusicSkateFan
01-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Well, someone saw me at Halloween and said they would be willing to pay the entry for Bronze pairs and we will have a tryout and if it doesnt work then we will withdraw. The point was also made to me that it is unlikely there will be a Bronze Men III Freestyle event. So I decided to give pairs a try and see.

My coach seemed interested in the idea as well. He now coaches an intermediate pairs team so he will have some good imput.

I am sorry for the "I never" comments! I think watching all the pairs in St Louis this past week sort of inspired me to give it a whirl.

We shall see!

NoVa Sk8r
01-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, someone saw me at Halloween and said they would be willing to pay the entry for Bronze pairs and we will have a tryout and if it doesnt work then we will withdraw. The point was also made to me that it is unlikely there will be a Bronze Men III Freestyle event. So I decided to give pairs a try and see.

My coach seemed interested in the idea as well. He now coaches an intermediate pairs team so he will have some good input.

I am sorry for the "I never" comments! I think watching all the pairs in St Louis this past week sort of inspired me to give it a whirl.After you did that great off-ice press lift with Loops a few moons ago, I knew it was only a matter of time. 8-) (It usually takes an "innocent" holiday show to rope the male into pairs skating. :P )

And hey, your coach once gave Loops and me some advice on a lift.

As for Bronze III, the organizers will find a way to have everyone compete. If that means combining Bronze II with III or Bronze III with IV, rest assured, an event will be held for you.

jazzpants
01-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Well, someone saw me at Halloween and said they would be willing to pay the entry for Bronze pairs and we will have a tryout and if it doesnt work then we will withdraw. The point was also made to me that it is unlikely there will be a Bronze Men III Freestyle event. So I decided to give pairs a try and see.KEWL!!! Your first sponsor!!! Tee hee... :P

I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be a Bronze III men at AN. I know there's at least one Bronze III/IV(?) man here at my rink that goes to AN every year (or I should say he has in the past... I don't know if he *IS* going this year though. Gay Games is this year...)

dcden
01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
The point was also made to me that it is unlikely there will be a Bronze Men III Freestyle event.
Somehow, I doubt that. The shortages, for Bronze/Silver/Gold men, always seem to be in the class II (formerly called class I) events. I think you'll be fine there.

So I decided to give pairs a try and see. ...
I think watching all the pairs in St Louis this past week sort of inspired me to give it a whirl.Mmmmmmm-hmm!

An aside re the whole pairs thing... in my chorus concert in December, I was in a dance number where I basically had to be boosted up on someone else's shoulders, cheerleader-style. It took awhile to master the move, but not before I hit my poor partner in the head several times with my butt and crotch. So now I am permanently scarred about all things pairs related, and as such I really admire anyone brave enough to take up that discipline.

Good luck Randy!

PattyP
01-17-2006, 03:25 PM
It's working now. I just completed mine!

flo
01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Mine's I'll be there in Gold pairs. :)

doubletoe
01-17-2006, 03:58 PM
It's working now. I just completed mine!

Awesome! How is your hamstring? Is it looking like you'll be back to your old tricks by Nationals? :)

Debbie S
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Mine's I'll be there in Gold pairs. :)
Hey flo, congrats! Is your new partner local?

flo
01-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi, my partner's not local at all. It's Rob from Atlanta!

Debbie S
01-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi, my partner's not local at all. It's Rob from Atlanta!Hey, congrats to you both!

Where will you practice? (the Carolinas maybe? :) )

jazzpants
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Awesome! How is your hamstring? Is it looking like you'll be back to your old tricks by Nationals? :) And should I go and do some ice blessings at Oakland now for Sectionals? :lol:

flo
01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi,
Anyone having problems downloading the program information to send off? I ended up just putting all the info in an e-mail.

Rob and I will be practicing here in Baltimore and in Atlanta.

Kevin Callahan
01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
And should I go and do some ice blessings at Oakland now for Sectionals? :lol:

Changing gears (or should I say switching blades), since I'm a Dallas resident half the year, I want to attend. Do I need to purchase tickets now?

jp1andOnly
01-17-2006, 09:47 PM
no..you can get them when you arrive at the arena

Changing gears (or should I say switching blades), since I'm a Dallas resident half the year, I want to attend. Do I need to purchase tickets now?

2salch0w
01-17-2006, 10:31 PM

My coach seemed interested in the idea as well. He now coaches an intermediate pairs team so he will have some good imput.

I am sorry for the "I never" comments! I think watching all the pairs in St Louis this past week sort of inspired me to give it a whirl.

We shall see!

Bronze III, which used to be Bronze II, had 11 skaters in 2004 and 5 or 6 in 2005. So I don't think you have to worry.

Bronze Pairs, on the other hand, only had 2 entries, one of which withdrew. But good luck and I hope you like pairs. I also never thought I'd do it, and now I prefer it to my singles. Who is your partner?

Tim

flo
01-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi,
When I competed in pairs there were only the two groups, adult and masters. In the masters we usually had around 8 pairs. With the current structure there are 4 levels and althought the pairs numbers have grown, it's pretty variable.

rlichtefeld
01-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi,
When I competed in pairs there were only the two groups, adult and masters. In the masters we usually had around 8 pairs. With the current structure there are 4 levels and althought the pairs numbers have grown, it's pretty variable.

Looking at the results for last year:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=20428
You can see how many were in each group.

For pairs last year:
Gold Pairs: 7
Silver Pairs: 5

The single Bronze team did an exhibition.

Rob

Mrs Redboots
01-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi, my partner's not local at all. It's Rob from Atlanta!And do I gather you're both hoping to compete at the Mountain Cup, too, so I'll get to meet you??

PattyP
01-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Awesome! How is your hamstring? Is it looking like you'll be back to your old tricks by Nationals? :)

I went back to the rink yesterday and still had a lot of pain. I'm getting very discouraged. I may end up being a spectator, but I had to send my stuff just in case... I'm still hopefull. I have not yet recieved the cortisone injection yet, as it has to be x-ray guided it requires another insurance approval :roll: Maybe next week...

I figure I can always go and skate watered down versions of my last year's programs. I still want to participate even if I know I will finish last.