View Full Version : Gift for skating pro?

yogurtslinger
01-08-2006, 06:54 PM
I just got my new custom Klingbeil skates and the local Klingbeil fitter/dealer is helping me with the mounting/adjusting process. I live kind of far away and I don't have a car. So, he's been giving me rides to & from the subway station a couple of miles from where he lives, when I went to see him to get fitted for them, and then to get them mounted/adjusted, etc.

Anyway, he doesn't have to do that obviously, and I think it's just really nice all that he's helped me with (he also found a used pair of blades for sale to go w/ the boots for me) Next wk, I'm coming to collect the skates from him for the final time & I kind of want to thank him with a small gift. Do you think this would be appropriate?

I was thinking of something like cookies or some other edible item. but I wasn't sure whether it would be a weird thing to do. what do you think?

Figuresk8_katie
01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Well, it sounds like he's definitely helped you out quite a bit. I think it'd be a nice gesture to give him a little thank-you gift. Don't go out of your way, but just a little item of thanks would be appreciated, I'm sure.

good luck and enjoy your new skates!!

Justine_R
01-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I think Cookies are a good idea or some chocolate, or maybe some wine?
:)