View Full Version : European competitions

Mrs Redboots
01-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I know it's a little early, but with all of you planning already which competitions you are going to this year, I wondered who had, at least tentative, plans for which of the European competitions in May and June.

We're sort-of planning on doing the Mountain Cup (of course), and the camp, and perhaps Vana Tallinn, but not Oberstdorf this year. English friends of ours who live in Western France will probably join us for some of the week in Villard-de-Lans, which will be fun.

NickiT
01-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Talking of competitions, is it true that Streatham Opens are now in October? It will be a shame if that's the case, as it means a distinct lack of adult competitions in the UK for the first half of the year.

Nicki

coskater64
01-07-2006, 11:27 AM
I'll do MC and O'dorf but I don't think I can do 3 in a row. I may have to rest in some sunny southern country. :lol:

samba
01-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Talking of competitions, is it true that Streatham Opens are now in October? It will be a shame if that's the case, as it means a distinct lack of adult competitions in the UK for the first half of the year.

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

Looking at the NISA calendar I think you could be right, the earliest so far is the Valley Open in May 21-22nd, dont think I will be competing anyway though.

Cheers
Grace

NickiT
01-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi Nicki,

Looking at the NISA calendar I think you could be right, the earliest so far is the Valley Open in May 21-22nd, dont think I will be competing anyway though.

Cheers
Grace

Hey why not Grace? You did well last year! I'm well away from being ready for competition right now but having missed out on Chelmsford and the British because of my wrist, I feel I need something before Bracknell, else it'll be a whole year between competitions. Think my hubby has the right idea - he does judo and gets at least one adult competition per month. He had 16 last year. Somewhat better than my two!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM

NickiYes, I think it's the first week in October - they couldn't have it in their usual April for some reason, and the date NISA gave us in February clashed with the one at Alexandra Palace which meant several of our key people couldn't be there, never mind competitors, so it's now October.

NickiT
01-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Yes, I think it's the first week in October - they couldn't have it in their usual April for some reason, and the date NISA gave us in February clashed with the one at Alexandra Palace which meant several of our key people couldn't be there, never mind competitors, so it's now October.

OK. Thanks for confirming that. I think it's right after the BAC isn't it?

Nicki

Raye
01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I'll be at all three. There are at least 8 of us from my secondary club that will all be going. See y'all there.

Mrs Redboots
01-08-2006, 09:56 AM
OK. Thanks for confirming that. I think it's right after the BAC isn't it?

NickiI think so - depends when the BAC is (have we actually official confirmation of those dates yet?).

Raye, it will be good to see you again and to meet the other members of your team. Ditto Leslie!

NickiT
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I think so - depends when the BAC is (have we actually official confirmation of those dates yet?).

Raye, it will be good to see you again and to meet the other members of your team. Ditto Leslie!

I thought it was 30th Sept/1st Oct at Lee Valley. I could be wrong but that rings a bell.

Nicki