View Full Version : Adult Pacific Coast Sectionals

jazzpants
01-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Since there is a thread for the Adult Eastern Sectionals... ;)

Who's going? Barring emergencies, I will be there competing at whatever age-appropriate Pre-Bronze FS event there is for me. (I'm in Class III.)

Also, I have been told thru Janice that for "non-qualifying" events only, it's okay to accept applications "unofficially" thru the 17th. (I had sent in my application, but forgot to send the most important part of the application. Yup! The check!!! :lol: :roll: ) And of course, this wouldn't have happened if I was allowed to apply online thru the USFSA website! (Only applicants for qualifying events can apply to Sectionals online. GRRRR!!!) :evil:

See you guys there!!! :mrgreen:

doubletoe
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Me! :D
I'm so excited to have actually registered online for my first qualifying event: Championship Gold! Woo hoo! Although I stand a pretty good chance of coming in last, it will be a thrill just to be in the event. See you there!

TreSk8sAZ
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I'll be there skating Bronze 1. Didn't pass my moves so couldn't move up to Silver :frus: See you all in March!

PattyP
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I sent my application for the non-qualifying events, but still don't know if I'll be able to compete. I skipped the qualifying this year since I cannot even do a waltz jump at this point :cry: I will be in attendance either way.

doubletoe, I doubt you will come in last. You never know what can happen in that event. I will be there to cheer you on!

doubletoe
01-05-2006, 05:54 PM
I sent my application for the non-qualifying events, but still don't know if I'll be able to compete. I skipped the qualifying this year since I cannot even do a waltz jump at this point :cry: I will be in attendance either way.

doubletoe, I doubt you will come in last. You never know what can happen in that event. I will be there to cheer you on!

Yay!! I am so thrilled that you will be there. Keeping fingers crossed that all you need to heal your injury is just another 6-8 weeks and that there are a few perfect axels hiding in that hamstring. Heck, maybe even a double sal. :)

jazzpants
01-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Yay!! I am so thrilled that you will be there. Keeping fingers crossed that all you need to heal your injury is just another 6-8 weeks and that there are a few perfect axels hiding in that hamstring. Heck, maybe even a double sal. :)Yup! Ditto here! And I am preparing my ice blessings for that rink too!!! (Of course, I do my ice blessings best when I skate regularly at that rink... and I don't normally skate at Oakland.)

I look forward to finally meeting doubletoe and TreSk8sAZ too!!! :D

pedonskates
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Having moved across the country a few months ago, I'll be participating in my first Pacific Coast Sectionals.
I'll be in Champ Masters Ladies. This has been a hard transition year for me with a very busy new job, so my goal is to get through the program without keeling over on the ice.

Pedonskates

daisies
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Having moved across the country a few months ago, I'll be participating in my first Pacific Coast Sectionals.
I'll be in Champ Masters Ladies. This has been a hard transition year for me with a very busy new job, so my goal is to get through the program without keeling over on the ice.

Pedonskates
Where are you skating now, Ped?

jazzpants
01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Where are you skating now, Ped?And more importantly, are YOU gonna be there, daisies??? :D

pedonskates
01-06-2006, 08:57 AM
I moved to Tucson, AZ last summer. We had some problems with getting ice when the rink shut down (temporarily, thank goodness,) so skating got a little harder to squeeze in.
My new job is a lot more demanding than I thought it would be. Getting up way early in the morning sometimes is very difficult. I do love my program though - it just doesn't love me back yet.
I'm looking forward to meeting more adult skaters on this side of the country.

Pedonskates

PattyP
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Yay!! I am so thrilled that you will be there. Keeping fingers crossed that all you need to heal your injury is just another 6-8 weeks and that there are a few perfect axels hiding in that hamstring. Heck, maybe even a double sal. :)

Thanks! I'm supposed to get a cortisone injection on Tuesday. I'm hoping that it's going to help. From what I have read about my injury, it's the best solution. I'm also hoping that the Dr. clears me to skate again. I took another month off per his recommendation and I'm going crazy.

Jazz, I'll need a double dose of ice blessings this year!!

daisies
01-06-2006, 01:15 PM
And more importantly, are YOU gonna be there, daisies??? :D
I will be there, but I won't be skating. I was off for too long with an injury in 2005 to have been able to get anything together in time. :)

jazzpants
01-06-2006, 02:45 PM
PattyP: working on double dose of ice blessings just for you!

I will be there, but I won't be skating. I was off for too long with an injury in 2005 to have been able to get anything together in time. :)Oh, good! At least I get to see you, say hello and all. I wasn't sure you were going or not since you've been out most of 2005 and all. Are you getting back your jumps, spins and most importantly, your lovely edges? :D

Looking forward to meeting you, pedonskates!

doubletoe
01-06-2006, 02:46 PM

Pedonskates

Can't wait to meet you!! :)

TreSk8sAZ
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I do love my program though - it just doesn't love me back yet.

Pedonskates
Even if you aren't comfortable with it yet, your elements have been quite good on the freestyles I've seen you at!

Jazzpants~ Looking forward to finally meeting you too!

PattyP
01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting more adult skaters on this side of the country.

Pedonskates

Welcome to the West coast!

manleywoman
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
FYI: I know you guys will be getting some extra entries from Easterns at least. There was some talk last year that since some skaters had already bought tix for the Olympics, and ANs is earlier this year, now Easterns and the Olympics overlap. So some skaters were going to have to switch regions to compete. That may be the case for Mids too...they are February 10th, which I think is around when the Olys start.

daisies
01-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh, good! At least I get to see you, say hello and all. I wasn't sure you were going or not since you've been out most of 2005 and all. Are you getting back your jumps, spins and most importantly, your lovely edges? :D
Aww, you're sweet! Yes, I am able to do almost everything I could do before I got hurt, but I won't be doing much FS anymore. I intend to do Interp only at AN and then after that work on ice dancing. Looking forward to seeing you!

doubletoe
01-06-2006, 05:56 PM
FYI: I know you guys will be getting some extra entries from Easterns at least. There was some talk last year that since some skaters had already bought tix for the Olympics, and ANs is earlier this year, now Easterns and the Olympics overlap. So some skaters were going to have to switch regions to compete. That may be the case for Mids too...they are February 10th, which I think is around when the Olys start.

Groan. . . What a year to be entering my very first qualifying event. . . So now I'll be 12th out of 12 rather than 8th out of 8? LOL!

jazzpants
02-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Bumpity Bump....

I just got email notices with a copy of the competition schedule (well, as of Friday anyway) and today the competition packet via snail mail. So if you don't have it yet, keep an eye out for it! (For those who has as messy a house as I do :twisted: :P , it's a (sorta) thick business size envelope metered Oakland, but the person sending it is from Dublin, CA...)

My event is Friday at 8:50pm. And thankfully, I am a nighttime skater!!!

Look forward to seeing you guys that are coming to visit!!! :D

I've been at Oakland on weekends lately spreading the ice blessings around for both PattyP and doubletoe so they'll skate well at their events!!! :mrgreen: (Be careful though, PattyP!!! The ice blessings can't help your back.)

PattyP
02-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I've been at Oakland on weekends lately spreading the ice blessings around for both PattyP and doubletoe so they'll skate well at their events!!! :mrgreen: (Be careful though, PattyP!!! The ice blessings can't help your back.)

I got my packet yesterday! My event is at 2:15 on Friday. I'm also scheduled to skate at 3:50 on Saturday but I'm 95% sure I will scratch that event as I haven't even started to practice an interp program...besides I'm sure that I would not be able to find a stick in Oakland! ;)

It appears that I forgot to sign up for practice ice...oops:oops: Sherri is going to kill me!

Thanks for the ice blessings!

TreSk8sAZ
02-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Ugh. According to the e-mailed schedule I'm at 9:10 Friday night (haven't gotten my packet yet). I'm used to having early morning practices and was dragging at St. Moritz for my 9 p.m. event. Hopefully my practice ice is early and I can go back to the hotel and sleep before my event!!!!

jazzpants
02-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm at 8:40 on Friday. And I'll be seeing 'ya there, TreSk8sAZ!!! (Have to see what the young'um's are doing in Bronze I-II.) :mrgreen:

I hope the comp will be on the nicer patch (Olympic rink) of the ice and they open the NHL rink for public session (unofficial warm up session.) ;) Otherwise, I may opt for my weekend rink to warm up before I go in for my event.

I'll ask around... maybe someone in that organization committee knows?

PattyP, I can find you a stick, 'ya know... ;) (But don't worry. I won't go looking for it.) ;) And ask around...you might still be able to sign up for practice ice. Ping the person that emailed you the schedule. She might know. If you get practice ice then and don't tell Sherri, I won't tell on 'ya. ;) :twisted:

PattyP
02-06-2006, 12:11 PM
PattyP, I can find you a stick, 'ya know... ;) (But don't worry. I won't go looking for it.) ;) And ask around...you might still be able to sign up for practice ice. Ping the person that emailed you the schedule. She might know. If you get practice ice then and don't tell Sherri, I won't tell on 'ya. ;) :twisted:

I spoke with someone yesterday, they are working on getting me on a session on Friday moring.

TreSk8sAZ, I'm with you. I'm a morning skater too. A good nap in the afternoon should help. That's what I usually do if I get stuck with a late skate.

My event is early in the competition, so I will be able to relax and enjoy watching all the other events when I'm done!

doubletoe
02-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Bumpity Bump....

I just got email notices with a copy of the competition schedule (well, as of Friday anyway) and today the competition packet via snail mail. So if you don't have it yet, keep an eye out for it! (For those who has as messy a house as I do :twisted: :P , it's a (sorta) thick business size envelope metered Oakland, but the person sending it is from Dublin, CA...)

My event is Friday at 8:50pm. And thankfully, I am a nighttime skater!!!

Look forward to seeing you guys that are coming to visit!!! :D

Jazzpants, you're the best! LOL!

doubletoe
02-06-2006, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=PattyP]I got my packet yesterday! My event is at 2:15 on Friday. I'm also scheduled to skate at 3:50 on Saturday but I'm 95% sure I will scratch that event as I haven't even started to practice an interp program...besides I'm sure that I would not be able to find a stick in Oakland! ;) [QUOTE]

So are you only doing Gold II/III, not Championship Gold this year? I am thrilled that you are skating at all, of course! Catch me up on how your hamstring is doing and how practices have been coming along!

BTW, I am very glad I asked about the schedule a few days before it was released, because the first version had the Ladies' Championship Gold comp. 4 hours after our Gold II/III comp on Friday and I don't think I would have had any legs left for the Champ Gold comp. Imagine how thrilled I was when I got the final schedule and found out that the event chair had passed along my concern to the referee, who proceeded to reschedule the Champ. Gold comp for the next day. Woo hoo! :D

PattyP
02-06-2006, 04:47 PM
So are you only doing Gold II/III, not Championship Gold this year? I am thrilled that you are skating at all, of course! Catch me up on how your hamstring is doing and how practices have been coming along!

BTW, I am very glad I asked about the schedule a few days before it was released, because the first version had the Ladies' Championship Gold comp. 4 hours after our Gold II/III comp on Friday and I don't think I would have had any legs left for the Champ Gold comp. Imagine how thrilled I was when I got the final schedule and found out that the event chair had passed along my concern to the referee, who proceeded to reschedule the Champ. Gold comp for the next day. Woo hoo! :D

It would have been a bit silly to enter qualifying with my most difficult jump pass being a flip-loop. :lol: As you said, I'm just glad to be going and doing one event. Look out for me next year...haha. I will be cheering for you in Ch. gold!

When I looked at that schedule I was glad I wasn't in both events this year. I'm glad they fixed it for you guys. That would have been crazy.

techskater
02-06-2006, 04:51 PM
I would have been happy at Mids last year with a 4 hour break. We had a 1 hour break between open and championship in Colorado! 8O

jazzpants
02-07-2006, 01:41 AM
*sigh* Unless you like really hard hockey ice to figure skate on, a fair warning for y'all...Sectionals is held at the NHL rink side this year. GAWD, I hate that rink!!! I did coffee club way back when on that patch of ice and it's hard, hard, HARD!!! :evil:

Hopefully, the good part of all this is that the Olympic rink will still be open for public session on Fridays, so you should be able to warm up for your event just prior to your event. (i.e. you can do warm up on ice and get some time to get your skating legs back.) ;)

Thin-Ice
02-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Just a reminder: the emailed schedule is the REVISED one... so you can ignore the paper one that came in the packet.

I think it's also supposed to be posted on the club website: www.smisc.org.

See you all in a few weeks!

jazzpants
02-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Just a reminder: the emailed schedule is the REVISED one... so you can ignore the paper one that came in the packet.

I think it's also supposed to be posted on the club website: www.smisc.org (http://www.smisc.org).

See you all in a few weeks!Yup! This one!

http://www.smisc.org/csched.doc

jazzpants
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Bumpity bump BUMP!!!

Okay, guys!!! Are you ready????

Just a note for you to recheck the revised schedule (as of 2/20) and practice ice schedule on the St. Moritz website (http://www.smisc.org). ;)

See 'ya in "Oaktown!!!"

Psst....for those of you from So. Cal, my rumor mill tells me that Pacific Coast Sectionals is in the LA area next year... Can anyone confirm this?

PattyP
03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm ready! I will be packing tonight. I sure hope the dress still fits :roll: :giveup:

I don't know about next year's Sectional. I think we are due to have it down south! I'll have to ask around.

manleywoman
03-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Good luck to everyone!

pedonskates
03-01-2006, 07:23 PM
I head out tomorrow after work.
Hopefully the public transportation is reliable.
My dog is getting suspicious as the suitcases get pulled out and skating dresses are hung on doorknobs.
I'm looking forward to meeting people and watching some great skating. (I'd like to skate well too - or at least meet goals for the season).

Brenda aka Pedonskates

mikawendy
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Good luck and have a great time, everyone!!!

TreSk8sAZ
03-01-2006, 11:09 PM
One more practice at home (6 a.m.) then on a plane around 2. I heard it's supposed to be raining the entire time... which, after living in AZ the past 4 years, excites me to no end!

See you all there!

Thin-Ice
03-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Travel safely everyone. Yes, our local weather guy just said it's going to be raining off and on until Sunday... when it will be partly cloudy.. overnight lows in the high 30s, daytime highs in the 40s and low 50s.

See you in Oakland!

e-skater
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
BEST OF SKATES TO EVERYONE COMPETING AT APCS!!!!!

I have several friends and acquaintances competing there and hope everyone is able to have a good skate, and be happy with what they did.

Good luck, all!

Will be looking forward to reading all about it afterwards.

TimDavidSkate
03-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Good Luck to you all!
The practice and competition schedule looks FAB!!! I wish all adult competitions were like that, practices in the morning and at least 4 hours later the competition.

coskater64
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Good luck to all!:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

jazzpants
03-02-2006, 04:31 PM
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! Look forward to meeting you guys! :D :D :D

doubletoe
03-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Holy hockey ice, Jazzpants, you weren't kidding about the ice at that rink!
Hard and dry, and not even fast, either! Yuck! :( I am planning on using the public session on the Olympic rink as warmup ice, but it may throw me off to go from decent ice to hard ice, where I'll feel like I'm on top of the ice instead of getting down into the ice. . .

See you tomorrow! :D

jazzpants
03-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Holy hockey ice, Jazzpants, you weren't kidding about the ice at that rink!
Hard and dry, and not even fast, either! Yuck! :( I am planning on using the public session on the Olympic rink as warmup ice, but it may throw me off to go from decent ice to hard ice, where I'll feel like I'm on top of the ice instead of getting down into the ice. . .

See you tomorrow! :DTold 'ya!!!! 8O :roll: (Gawd, I HATE that patch of ice!!!) But... it's what I'll get... *sigh*

BTW: You might want to check on the rules about warmups on the other patch of the ice before Champ. Adult Gold event... I don't know if it's all events or just the qualifying ones, but I've heard from someone that I'm not supposed to be warming up on the Olympic Ice for at least an hour before my event. (Some weird USFSA rule which I think is ridiculous! Along with the old requirement about having to wear skating dresses, which I'm glad they finally did away with.)

Then again, who knows... if everyone else is warming up on that Olympic Ice before their event, who am I to keep myself from warming up on that ice. :twisted: After all, I do have a lower back to save... ;)

cecealias
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Good luck to everybody competing!

Mrs Redboots
03-03-2006, 05:36 AM
Have a wonderful time, everybody - and remember, we want full reports, and all the goss!!!!

Kristin
03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Best of luck to all those competing this weekend! SK8GR8!!!!

Sincerely,
Kristin (From Midwestern Section!)

Terri C
03-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Found out this morning that Jazzpants won the Silver in Pre Bronze Ladies III!!
Way to go Jazzpants!!

icedancer2
03-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Is there a website for the results? I just realized I know some people who are competing there and wanted to see how they are doing?

Congratulations jazzpants!!

Mrs Redboots
03-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Found out this morning that Jazzpants won the Silver in Pre Bronze Ladies III!!
Way to go Jazzpants!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

e-skater
03-04-2006, 03:48 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Jazzpants, congrats on the Silver! I knew you'd do really well, and you did!

Now, on to Bronze MIF for you!!!!

Raye
03-04-2006, 05:13 PM
WAY TO GO JAZZPANTS! YOU ROCK! :bow:

mikawendy
03-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Woo-hoo! Congratulations, jazzpants!!!!! :D :bow:

skaternum
03-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Coming out of posting retirement to send jazzpants a hearty CONGRATULATIONS! You da bomb. Tell us all about it!!

jazzpants
03-05-2006, 02:53 AM
WOW!!! Word travels FAST on the net!!!

AWWWWW, SHUCKS!!!! :oops: Thanks everyone!!!

Yup, I got a Silver... and would have been a challenge for the Gold medalist had I not abort a flip attempt in my program. GRRRR!!! :frus: But the rest of the program was GREAT, so I ain't bitter!!! :P I had a wonderful time... and the best part was that it was a PARTY when I got on the ice! I never expected that HUGE of a cheering section for Pre-Bronze... never mind for me!!! 8O :bow:

TreSK8AZ, I feel awful missing you again at the comp. :cry: While you were skating, I was busy getting my scores and looking for our Bronze medalist for a podium shot (which ended up never happening anyway and just as well... I was tired, hungry and just in need of some major sleep... and all that HAIR SPRAY and pins I got to get off my hair too!!!) :lol: I did tell pedonskates to say hello to you for me!

And yes, I finally got to meet pedonskate and doubletoe... and they were both a HOOT to be around! (Thank you for that stuffed doggie, doubletoe!!!) :mrgreen: Nice to also see PattyP, ask8ngcat, daisies, and Thin-Ice!

Let's see....

Doubletoe had a wonderful straightly footwork section towards the very end of her program and she landed her DOUBLE SAL at Championship Adult Gold Ladies tonight!!! YAAAAAAY!!! So happy for her!!! Clearly belongs at Gold!!! :bow:
Pedonskates is a HOOT to watch, on and off ice!!! What a bubbly personality!!! I LOVE IT!!! :D (Did you accomplished your goal of having FUN this time around? You looked like you did.)
ask8ngcat got the Pewter in Silver Ladies III and the GOLD in the interp!!! Cathy, you ROCK!!! :bow:
PattyP got the Bronze in Adult Gold Ladies II-III. (And your coach tells you she didn't think you would place... uh huh, uh huh... :P :lol: )
daisies was busy doing a LOT of judging this year... including MY Pre-Bronze III event!!! 8O (Thank goodness I didn't realize you were there until after I got my scores!!! I don't pay much to anything but my program when I do my program anyway.)
Thin-Ice was ever the presense...just about everywhere else!!! And she got 5th in Bronze Ladies IV event last night and Bronze bling for her interp this afternoon!!!
I want to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful coach Jay (or JKo, as he refers to himself sometimes these days.) He's a HOOT and manages to not only keep me calm but actually have fun at this competition!
Celebrities sightings... I read from another board that doubletoe has seen Timothy Goebel at Oakland the past few days she's there to practice. Well... he's coaching this Friday afternoon and afterwards as I passed him by to go outside to move my car. Well, long story short, I got to meet him and took a picture him with me!!! He's a sweetie and guess what? He ain't that tall either. Only a few inches above me... he looks taller on TV for some reason. :P Anyway, very nice and friendly and WONDERFUL GUY!!!icedancer2... who do you want to know about???

These are qualified for AN:

Championship Masters Men: Joe, Mike Dianda (Welcome back!!!), Ted Gradman
Championship Masters Ladies: Elizabeth Floriani, Stephanie Ewing, Natalie Shaby, Beth Delano
Championship Gold Men: Nick Chou, Matt Leissring, Andy Schell, Gary Klingbergs (Chris Le Conte withdrew)
Championship Gold Ladies: Resa Lee, Ninotchka Aschow, Carolee Purdie (YAAAAY!!! My hero!!! I want to skate like you when I get to your age...), Paula Smart
Champsionship Dance (not sure which top ice dancers go to Nationals): Julie Keith/Michael Ricigiano, Heather Trescases/Carl Nelson, Molly Johnson/Kia Samii, Julie Radlick/Jordan JohnsonAnyting else I've missed or wanted more info on...

flo
03-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Jazz- way to go, and congrats to all!

daisies
03-05-2006, 06:28 PM
daisies was busy doing a LOT of judging this year... including MY Pre-Bronze III event!!! 8O (Thank goodness I didn't realize you were there until after I got my scores!!! I don't pay much to anything but my program when I do my program anyway.)
You did a wonderful job! Congrats!!!

I had a lot of fun judging. It's very interesting being on the "other side" of an adult competition!

sk8er1964
03-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Congrats Jazzpants and PattyP and everyone else!!! :P

dbny
03-05-2006, 06:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

TreSk8sAZ
03-05-2006, 07:16 PM
WOW!!! Word travels FAST on the net!!!

TreSK8AZ, I feel awful missing you again at the comp. :cry: While you were skating, I was busy getting my scores and looking for our Bronze medalist for a podium shot (which ended up never happening anyway and just as well... I was tired, hungry and just in need of some major sleep... and all that HAIR SPRAY and pins I got to get off my hair too!!!) :lol: I did tell pedonskates to say hello to you for me!

That's quite all right. I'm sure we'll meet up one of these days! I pretty much was only there for my practice ice and competition. Ended up getting bronze in my event, then left right after because I had an early flight home Saturday.

But congrats to everyone who skated!!!!

sunskater
03-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Ended up getting fronze in my event, then left right after because I had an early flight home Saturday.

I'm guessing you mean bronze, right?:P CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is so awesome you medalled at your 1st Adult Sectionals. Im very proud of you! You'll do great at AN's.

PattyP
03-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Congrats Jazzpants and PattyP and everyone else!!! :P

Thanks!!! :D

I was truely shocked with the results. Jazzpants must have done a good job with her ice blessing! I fell on my butt in my axel attempt, but I hit all my spins. I had no expectations this year so getting the bronze was great.

Great competition and fun weekend.

Congrats to everyone who participated!

Debbie S
03-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Congrats to jazzpants, PattyP, doubletoe, and everyone!

On to AN! (well, on to AN for some - those of us who are still trying to pass Bronze MIF will be staying home and working our butts off so we can be there next year!)

doubletoe
03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Jazzpants, it was such an honor to meet you. Your big snile is stuck in my head (anybody got a wrench? Naah, on second thought, leave it there!). I was so thrilled to see your beauty on the ice rewarded with that medal!

And Patty, you kick some serious ice! ;D

jazzpants
03-06-2006, 02:57 PM
http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=29815

dcden
03-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Congrats on your performance Jazzpants, and thanks for providing us with the scoop on the KOMPETISHUN!

manleywoman
03-06-2006, 04:12 PM
WOW! Twelve ladies in Masters Ladies! For many many years they had at most 6-7 (and with a few withdraws only 4-5), while Easterns and Mids consistantly had over at least 11 ladies. I always hated the disparity in the regions, with the Men too, because it seemed so unfair. I'm glad some more Pacifics ladies are finally joining the party!

jazzpants
03-06-2006, 04:26 PM
WOW! Twelve ladies in Masters Ladies! For many many years they had at most 6-7 (and with a few withdraws only 4-5), while Easterns and Mids consistantly had over at least 11 ladies. I always hated the disparity in the regions, with the Men too, because it seemed so unfair. I'm glad some more Pacifics ladies are finally joining the party!Keep in mind at least one of those ladies are from the Eastern regions. I hear there are quite a few people from Eastern who joined the Western regions skating clubs b/c their original Sectionals conflicts with their trip to the Olympics this year. Of course, there are those (like pedonskates) who have physically moved and joined whatever club their new rink is at too.

But yeah, it's getting tougher to be in Master's and Adult Gold ladies now. Much harder to qualify now for Nationals, especially with the new age group rules and new younger skaters coming in to compete against us ol' farts... 8O

A note to Joe R in Masters Men: :bow: (Just gorgeous to watch!!!) :D

jazzpants
03-06-2006, 04:42 PM
On to AN! (well, on to AN for some - those of us who are still trying to pass Bronze MIF will be staying home and working our butts off so we can be there next year!)Yeah... don't I know it. :roll: :frus:

Tessa
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

doubletoe
03-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Much harder to qualify now for Nationals, especially with the new age group rules and new younger skaters coming in to compete against us ol' farts... 8O

Waitaminnit. . . I certainly didn't take you for an "ol' fart." What age class are you in, Jazzpants?

jazzpants
03-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Waitaminnit. . . I certainly didn't take you for an "ol' fart." What age class are you in, Jazzpants?I'm a class III, same as you! :D (I'm closing in on 40...) :roll:

On second thought, we're NOT ol' farts here!!! :twisted: :lol:

jazzpants
03-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Non-qualifying results:

http://www.smisc.org/results.html

Action Shots:

Click Here (http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono)

(Oh, God!!! I hope my secondary coach doesn't seen those sit spins and spirals positions of mine. :oops: :giveup: )

NoVa Sk8r
03-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the links, jazz.

Holy cow--check out the flexibility of the silver men!

And looks like silver pairs was a fun event with split ordinals to go around.

FrankR
03-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Non-qualifying results:

http://www.smisc.org/results.html

Action Shots:

Click Here (http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono)

(Oh, God!!! I hope my secondary coach doesn't seen those sit spins and spirals positions of mine. :oops: :giveup: )

Wow!! 8O

Last year when I went to Adult Nationals in Kansas City, several people from the SF area came up to me to tell me that I looked very much like Mike Dianda. Now that I've gotten to see pictures of him, I agree. Holy s--t! :P That's kind of freaky. :lol:

Frank

doubletoe
03-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the links, jazz.

Holy cow--check out the flexibility of the silver men!

And looks like silver pairs was a fun event with split ordinals to go around.

I know, must be all the sushi they eat here in California; I've never seen so many men doing beautifully extended spirals!

doubletoe
03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm a class III, same as you! :D (I'm closing in on 40...) :roll:

On second thought, we're NOT ol' farts here!!! :twisted: :lol:

I would have answered this in a PM but your box is full (ahem!)

Yes, I was going to say, you really need to be careful when you call yourself an "old fart" in the adult skating world because there is invariably someone older than you around. . like ME!! I am 41, so if you are an old fart, I am an "ancient fart"! :p And of course that means I got my butt kicked by at least one "near-dead fart" in Championship Gold on Saturday, LOL!

jazzpants
03-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow!! 8O

Last year when I went to Adult Nationals in Kansas City, several people from the SF area came up to me to tell me that I looked very much like Mike Dianda. Now that I've gotten to see pictures of him, I agree. Holy s--t! :P That's kind of freaky. :lol:

FrankWell, he's going to Adult Nationals this year... so go say hello to him and say "Hi, Mike! I'm your long lost twin brother!!!" :twisted: :lol:

Holy cow--check out the flexibility of the silver men!Tee hee hee. Dan and I were JUST talking about trying to do that Y-spiral position off ice a month ago and he was helping me to get to that position. (I can almost barely get to the martini glass position off ice right now... and that's if I'm hanging onto the wall!!!) 8O

jazzpants
03-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I would have answered this in a PM but your box is full (ahem!)It's squeaky clean now!!! :D

Yes, I was going to say, you really need to be careful when you call yourself an "old fart" in the adult skating world because there is invariably someone older than you around. . like ME!! I am 41, so if you are an old fart, I am an "ancient fart"! :p And of course that means I got my butt kicked by at least one "near-dead fart" in Championship Gold on Saturday, LOL!LMAO!!!! :lol: I realized that... which is why I said later on in the second post "On second thought, we're NOT ol' farts here!!! :twisted: :lol:"

If you didn't tell me you were 41, I would have never guessed it!!! (I'm turning 39 later this year!!! EEEEK!!! 8O ) And the reason why I asked how old did you think I was was b/c I've been mistaken a few times for a late Group I, early Group II b/c of the acne. Nope! I have a California driver license to prove I'm a group III. :roll:

I know, must be all the sushi they eat here in California; I've never seen so many men doing beautifully extended spirals!HEY! I eat a lot of sushi during the week and *I* certainly don't have a beautifully extended spiral!!! :lol: (Must be that it only works for the guys!!!) :P

doubletoe
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
It's squeaky clean now!!! :D

LMAO!!!! :lol: I realized that... which is why I said later on in the second post "On second thought, we're NOT ol' farts here!!! :twisted: :lol:"

If you didn't tell me you were 41, I would have never guessed it!!! (I'm turning 39 later this year!!! EEEEK!!! 8O ) And the reason why I asked how old did you think I was was b/c I've been mistaken a few times for a late Group I, early Group II b/c of the acne. Nope! I have a California driver license to prove I'm a group III. :roll:

HEY! I eat a lot of sushi during the week and *I* certainly don't have a beautifully extended spiral!!! :lol: (Must be that it only works for the guys!!!) :P

Thanks, you are so sweet. :) I think I had assumed you were Class III, but that may be because you had mentioned it before.

PattyP
03-08-2006, 03:11 PM
http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO-OO*bY*7DH80d*8KZU*NKV8W.3NN0j*,6H88Zj.MH-HA7N4957

Okay, what do you call this move???

jazzpants
03-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks, you are so sweet. :) I think I had assumed you were Class III, but that may be because you had mentioned it before.And thank GOD I wasn't in the Pre-Bronze Group I and II group. EEEEK!!! They all had camels!!! Gold medalist had a really good camel-sit and I'm just learning starting to get that now... 8O

http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO-OO*bY*7DH80d*8KZU*NKV8W.3NN0j*,6H88Zj.MH-HA7N4957

Okay, what do you call this move???New sit position? :P (Looks like a good flying camel mid-air shot to me...)

ask8ingcat
03-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Patty:
you are too funny! that looks like a new spin that you invented for the new scoring system.
I think we should all post their worst skating pic online. Problem is I have too many to pick from. Most of them are awful!
Cathy

PattyP
03-08-2006, 06:27 PM
New sit position? :P (Looks like a good flying camel mid-air shot to me...)

Maybe, but at a very unflattering angle! 8O

jazzpants
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
I think we should all post their worst skating pic online. Problem is I have too many to pick from. Most of them are awful!
CathyHell, all my pictures are crappy!!! I didn't like any of mine. (No fault of the photographer though. All me and my crappy skating!!!) :twisted: :P :lol:

TreSk8sAZ
03-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I didn't mind some of my pictures.... just the ones of the spins (escpecially the sit spin) where they seem to only have been able to catch my backside. The rest are decent though!

doubletoe
03-09-2006, 01:42 PM

Okay, what do you call this move???

That's probably why real camels don't fly, LOL! But at least you landed nicely and got into a great position by the next frame! ;)
Here's my most gorgeous picture. I think I'll call it, "Now where is that earring that just fell off?"
http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.bY*7DH80d*8KZU* NKV8W*9HG7LZH920GE.LDCV0d*:t*,30R.MH-HA7N0762

ask8ingcat
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO*bY*7DH80d*C D5KHb*NKV8W.3GN0E*,GHi.MH-HA7N6401

what is this?!
c

Mrs Redboots
03-10-2006, 06:57 AM
http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO*bY*7DH80d*C D5KHb*NKV8W.3GN0E*,GHi.MH-HA7N6401

what is this?!
cIsn't it what judges call a UHT - Unidentified Hoppy Thing?

Mrs Redboots
03-10-2006, 06:58 AM
That's probably why real camels don't fly, LOL! But at least you landed nicely and got into a great position by the next frame! ;)
Here's my most gorgeous picture. I think I'll call it, "Now where is that earring that just fell off?"
http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.bY*7DH80d*8KZU* NKV8W*9HG7LZH920GE.LDCV0d*:t*,30R.MH-HA7N0762
Oh, I dunno - you are at least looking up and smiling.... much more "looking-for-an-earring" if you were looking at the ice!

PattyP
03-10-2006, 09:43 AM

what is this?!
c

LOL! Looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas dance.

Gotta love those mid jump shots. My axel attempts are always very strange looking in mid air, like this one...

http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO-OO*bY*7DH80d*8KZU*NKV8W.3NN0j*,6H88Zj.MH-HA7N4945

jazzpants
03-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Okay, this is my "Walk Like an Egyptian" shot:

http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO*bY*7DH80d*D QLZC1-DCj*NKV8W.0LL0ZP*,6CDA20l.MH-HA7N8831

And the "Touchdown, 49ERS!!!" shot:
http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO*bY*7DH80d*D QLZC1-DCj*NKV8W.0LL0ZP*,6CDA20l.MH-HA7N8853

(aka "catching the invisible thrown Beanie babies" pose)

And this is from another recent comp but, this is my "Discreetly Wiping Spin Snot" shot...

http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.ZS7HSL0CY*L0b*DN0Jb*moos*cozzmo.t-OOO*770KE*7DH80d*DQLZC1DCj*NKV8W.0LL0ZP*,6CDA20l.M H-HA7N0284

(aka known as "Discreetly checking to see if my deordorant works" shot)

doubletoe
03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
LOL! Looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas dance.

Gotta love those mid jump shots. My axel attempts are always very strange looking in mid air, like this one...

http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.OOO-OO*bY*7DH80d*8KZU*NKV8W.3NN0j*,6H88Zj.MH-HA7N4945

Patty, you look a little like Shirley Temple, in that scene where she's marching down the stairs with Mr. Bojangles! :) And speaking of mid-air jumps, I'll finally let out the secret of why my double salchow looks so high. . . Bent knees get the feet higher off the ice! ROFL!
http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.7N70ZE*SHFHS0j*NKV8W*noos*cocono.bY*7DH80d*8KZU* NKV8W*9HG7LZH920GE.LDCV0d*:t*,30R.MH-HA7N0756

Blosmbubbs
03-10-2006, 10:57 PM
So does anyone know or have reports on what the champ. masters ladies did? I would have competed that level if I competed, does that make sense lol. I am hoping to unleash the secret weapon next year lol. :lol: I would appreciate anything. Congrats to those who made it to nationals.

jazzpants
03-11-2006, 12:39 AM
So does anyone know or have reports on what the champ. masters ladies did? I would have competed that level if I competed, does that make sense lol. I am hoping to unleash the secret weapon next year lol. :lol: I would appreciate anything. Congrats to those who made it to nationals.Most of the women in Masters Ladies did double loops and double flips in general. There were some double lutzes and (as I recalled) a double axel and triple sal attempt on the lady that won. 8O But the general thing was lots of speed and good flow and lovely spins!!! :P

Pedonskates and doubletoe... you two were watching the ven more closely. Did I miss anything? (I just sat and drool at the skating more...) :P

fschannel
03-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I see alot of folks who want to know how everyone skated. Just thought I'd drop in a quick reminder that you can actually watch the event with the click of your mouse.

All events from Pacific Coast Sectionals are available to watch on The Figure Skating Channel (www.theFigureSkatingChannel.com (http://www.thefigureskatingchannel.com)). Plus, you can watch Mids also. Eastern Adult Sectionals is coming next week (we're a little delayed).

Take a looK:

http://www.mediazone.com/channel/figureskating/jsp/events.jsp?eid=612

Finally, stay tuned for Adult Nationals. Pssst - some of the events may be live! If you haven't subscribed yet, you'll be missing out on a full season of this year, this summer, and competitions in the fall.

Thanks for your support. Best of luck everyone! See you at Natls!

-Resa

jazzpants
03-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I see alot of folks who want to know how everyone skated. Just thought I'd drop in a quick reminder that you can actually watch the event with the click of your mouse.

All events from Pacific Coast Sectionals are available to watch on The Figure Skating Channel (www.theFigureSkatingChannel.com (http://www.thefigureskatingchannel.com)). Plus, you can watch Mids also. Eastern Adult Sectionals is coming next week (we're a little delayed).

Take a looK:

http://www.mediazone.com/channel/figureskating/jsp/events.jsp?eid=612

Finally, stay tuned for Adult Nationals. Pssst - some of the events may be live! If you haven't subscribed yet, you'll be missing out on a full season of this year, this summer, and competitions in the fall.

Thanks for your support. Best of luck everyone! See you at Natls!

-ResaThanks, Resa for the post!!! You look good out there at Sectionals!!! :D

JulieN
03-11-2006, 10:56 PM

Resa --

Are you involved with FS Channel? That would be great if some of the AN events can be live! My dance partner and I have withdrawn :cry: but I would stay home all day to watch all of the live AN events!

An OT request... if you are involved with FS Channel, is there any way you can add the Synchro Worlds?? There's so many synchro skaters who would pay to watch that... :)

-- Julie

manleywoman
03-12-2006, 09:49 AM
The FS Channel is still not available for the Mac though, so I won't be watching. I hope they support Mac soon.

coskater64
03-12-2006, 11:11 AM
I have 5 mac's in my house and since I do some programming I have one lone pc, that's the only computer that the fs channel works on, but it does work well.;)

coskater64
03-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Besides, skating I have taken up tae-kwan-doe, w/ my skates on...
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=03BZ02RN020025&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Particularly deadly since you can't see the furor in my eyes.8O

Skittl1321
03-12-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm really enjoying all the commentary on the photos. It's amazing some of the positions pictures capture people in.

Also makes me wish I could skate well enough to do any of these things.

ask8ingcat
03-12-2006, 11:38 AM
I love the funny photos too. It's only fellow skaters I dare show these pictures too. Every friend I have who doesn't skate asks if I can do triple jumps. lol. Here's one for you... No! it's not my artistic program emulating the leaning tower of Pisa!

http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.QNHCZf*:Nb*DN0Jb*moos*nzxomo.bY*7DH80d*CD5KHb*NK V8W.3GN0E*,GHi.DL-GM1R1647

Patty, I love your jump picture! LOL. Talk about action shot.

coskater64
03-12-2006, 12:34 PM
My parents and family are generally in terror when I skate..only other skaters understand...this shot for example. Why I'm cutting my hair this summer and working on pointing my toe.
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=03BZ017T020006&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Hint: no lipgloss.8O

Mrs Redboots
03-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Besides, skating I have taken up tae-kwan-doe, w/ my skates on...
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=03BZ02RN020025&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Particularly deadly since you can't see the furor in my eyes.8OOh, I thought you were doing the "discreet nose-wipe" that so many skaters have to do after their spin!

Mrs Redboots
03-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Finally, stay tuned for Adult Nationals. Pssst - some of the events may be live! If you haven't subscribed yet, you'll be missing out on a full season of this year, this summer, and competitions in the fall.I do hope you do screen Adult Nationals, as we can't be there to watch this year.

I really enjoyed watching the first few days of the British Championships in December (watched the last day from rinkside!), and am full of admiration for this venture. Any chance of any of the European adult competitions being shown??? (Mountain Cup, etc)?

jazzpants
03-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Here's one for you... No! it's not my artistic program emulating the leaning tower of Pisa!

http://www.reactionphotography.com/vs/?.QNHCZf*:Nb*DN0Jb*moos*nzxomo.bY*7DH80d*CD5KHb*NK V8W.3GN0E*,GHi.DL-GM1R1647
Hey, Cathy! Nice lounge chair!!! Where can I get one? Tee hee hee...:P