View Full Version : Adult Eastern Sectionals

climbsk8
01-04-2006, 02:00 PM
OK ... who's going? What are your events? Did anybody forget that the deadline was Jan 3? (If you did, they will probably forgive you and take your application late.)

I'm doing Championship Gold Ladies and Pre-Bronze Dance. I'm actually more nervous about the dance part!

NoVa Sk8r
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
OK ... who's going? What are your events? Did anybody forget that the deadline was Jan 3? (If you did, they will probably forgive you and take your application late.)

I'm doing Championship Gold Ladies and Pre-Bronze Dance. I'm actually more nervous about the dance part!L, you're now doing dance?! Cool! Who's your partner?

dcden
01-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Did anybody forget that the deadline was Jan 3? (If you did, they will probably forgive you and take your application late.)

Would they? In my ineptitude, I thought the deadline was 1/17, as it is for non-qualifying. One of those "oh sh**" moments...

Oh well, I think this may be better for me anyway. I need more time to prepare for Nationals, if I decide to go.

climbsk8
01-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Great to hear from both of you. NoVa, my dance partner is none other than YOUR backwards-shoot-the-duck partner. I'm trying to learn that move but all I can come up with is a wet derriere.

DcDen, seriously, they will take applications late, at least for nonqual events. I hope you can come ... I can't make it to the New Year's comp this year and it would be great to see both of you!

manleywoman
01-04-2006, 08:00 PM
DCDen...call them and get the application in!!!!

skatingatty
01-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone,
I'll be there in Silver II (preparing to lose to Heather :)) and the Gold team event. Doin' the layback-- my goal is to get 10+ revs but without someone counting I can't tell. :) Looking forward to the competition and seeing everyone there!

sexyskates
01-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I'll be there! I'm skating silver free IV, interp IV, silver spins, and the gold team event (I love spirals!!!!).

climbsk8
01-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Now I'm wishing I'd signed up for the team event ... it sounds like it's going to be fun!

FrankR
01-05-2006, 07:39 AM
I dropped off my entry form at the post office on Tuesday. I'll be doing Silver Men II and the maneuvers team event. It'll be great to see everyone. Oh and sexyskates, yes, your spirals are great!

Take care all,

Frank

InsideAxel
01-05-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm planning on being there! Just the freeskate though...

C'ya!

Kelton

sexyskates
01-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the compliment FrankR :)
I hope there will be a lot of teams like there were at Philly. It was such a fun event!

saras
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
yay!

In the Silver Ladies whatever-event-for-age-42, III I think

--Sara

mskater
01-08-2006, 08:37 AM
I'll be there - competing in my obligatory event, Championship Master's Men:] My only goal is to qualify for Nationals - either by default or otherwise, depending on how many guys show up.

-Cheers!

Stormy
01-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I had to skip Sectionals again this year. My synchro season is so busy right now with Easterns and Nationals coming up, plus, I couldn't spend the extra money. I wish everyone good luck who's going!

climbsk8
01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey Stormy ... sorry you're not going to make it to Sectionals this year ... are you planning on going to Dallas?

mskater
01-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'm curious too Stormy, are you going to Nationals? Also, any word on Vesperholly?

starskate6.0
01-14-2006, 02:42 PM
:cry:
Hi Guy's

Well a lot of things have happened , Not skating much, can't afford anything this year, no sectionals ,Nationals, or Oberstdorf..Im done till about July with competitions. I wish you all the very best of Luck at your events I hope you all skate up a storm and bring home the medals.

best of luck to all

Ross. :D

InsideAxel
01-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Ross, clean our your PM box! 8-)

Kelton

vesperholly
01-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I'm curious to Stormy, are you going to Nationals? Also, any word on Vesperholly?
Nope... :cry: I can't take the test before the deadline, so no ANs for me. Next year!

Stormy
01-14-2006, 08:02 PM
In one million depressions that Vesperholly won't be at Nats! But yes, I've sent my app in, and barring any work issues, I will be in Dallas with bells on. Just bells. Nothing else. :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
01-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I will be in Dallas with bells on. Just bells. Nothing else. :twisted:Oh la la! I need to rethink about going to Dallas after all! :P

mikawendy
01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
In one million depressions that Vesperholly won't be at Nats! But yes, I've sent my app in, and barring any work issues, I will be in Dallas with bells on. Just bells. Nothing else. :twisted:

Okay, so this is totally OT, but Stormy, I just noticed we have the same birthday (different years, but same day). My coach also has a student who has the same birthday (again different years) as me (and my coach's birthday is the same day as my dad's)....

***And now returning you to your regularly scheduled thread topic*** :D

Mrs Redboots
01-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Well a lot of things have happened , Not skating much, can't afford anything this year, no sectionals ,Nationals, or Oberstdorf..Im done till about July with competitions. I wish you all the very best of Luck at your events I hope you all skate up a storm and bring home the medals. Oh Ross, we'll miss you! Maybe next year????

mskater
01-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Sorry you can't make it this year - was looking forward to meeting you and watching you skate. I've heard a lot about you on the boards and such. Cheers to next year!:]

Hi Guy's

Well a lot of things have happened , Not skating much, can't afford anything this year, no sectionals ,Nationals, or Oberstdorf..Im done till about July with competitions. I wish you all the very best of Luck at your events I hope you all skate up a storm and bring home the medals.

best of luck to all

Ross. :D

starsmom
01-15-2006, 11:14 AM
I am an adult skater who never skated before and I have been doing it for about 10 months. I passed my pre-bronze tests recently. I am entering the adult pre-bronze freeskate at Eastern sectionals. This is my first competition ever, of course, but can anyone tell me if the skaters that do pre-Bronze are really pre-Bronze level, or will a new skater like me look foolish? My program has some salchows, a few waltz-toe combinations, a waltz jump -loop, and a camel. Does this sound pre-bronzish? I guess I can chalk it up to a learning experience if the other skaters are way more advanced, but my coach has not been to an adults only event yet either. Thanks anyone.

Mrs Redboots
01-15-2006, 01:58 PM
I am an adult skater who never skated before and I have been doing it for about 10 months. I passed my pre-bronze tests recently. I am entering the adult pre-bronze freeskate at Eastern sectionals. This is my first competition ever, of course, but can anyone tell me if the skaters that do pre-Bronze are really pre-Bronze level, or will a new skater like me look foolish? My program has some salchows, a few waltz-toe combinations, a waltz jump -loop, and a camel. Does this sound pre-bronzish? I guess I can chalk it up to a learning experience if the other skaters are way more advanced, but my coach has not been to an adults only event yet either. Thanks anyone.I'm sure you won't look as foolish as I did at my first event!
However, that was long ago...

No, you won't look foolish. You may find that there is a very wide range of ability in the pre-Bronze class, ranging from those who are only just pre-Bronze, to those who would be Bronze if they could only pass their Field Moves - and the very occasional person who probably could, but hasn't yet got round to trying, for whatever reason.

The thing to remember is that you can't control what the other skaters do, and you can't control what the judges think, so all you can do is go out there, skate as well as you can, and have fun!

techskater
01-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Very well said, Mrs. Redboots

starskate6.0
01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks everyone, I may be able to do my Intermediate moves but that will be it for a while :?? As I said , good luck to all.... Kelton . My box is open now but you can e-mail starsk860@yahoo.com

Ross :D

starskate6.0
01-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Sorry you can't make it this year - was looking forward to meeting you and watching you skate. I've heard a lot about you on the boards and such. Cheers to next year!:]
Hey M Please come say hello anytime you happen to see me. I love meeting new skaters whho have the passions for the sport...good luck with your skating.

Ross :D

starskate6.0
01-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh Ross, we'll miss you! Maybe next year????

Thanks Mrs Redboots, Im not very happy about it but there it is.. :??
Not much I can do except work on new stufff for next year when I can get on the ice.. Good luck to you this year... :D
Ross