View Full Version : Quad Club dresses on skate-mart.com

daisies
12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm interested in a dress on this website that is made by "Quad Club," but that line's sizing chart is really vague. Instead of giving hip, waist and bust measurements to go by, it just says stuff like "Adult 4-6" is a Small, "Adult 6-8" is a Medium, etc.

Does anyone have experience with this line? Also, how good is skate-mart.com's customer service?

Thanks!

Skate@Delaware
12-27-2005, 07:57 PM
I placed an order for two dresses several weeks ago, and was sent an email stating that it would take 6-8 weeks for them to be "made." I haven't heard anything since. When I ordered the dresses, the website didn't say it would take that long, but talking to other mom's at my rink, that's normal. I hope they get here by the middle of January, we have a skating exhibition and I need the dresses by then.

Won't know how they fit until we get them. They were the only ones that carried women's XL. In the skating world, my daughter and I are Amazons!

mikawendy
12-27-2005, 08:01 PM
That's about how I felt when I ordered a dance dress labeled as "large" that was actually a size 4 and barely managed to get into it! (I guess the teenage ballet dancers they usually sell are usually waifish size 2 or size 0.)

Skate@Delaware
12-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I had a hard time finding stuff when I was a size 14 (plus, plus) now I'm a size 6/8 and I still have a hard time finding stuff!

Makes me glad I can sew, but I don't have a lot of time!

daisies
12-27-2005, 08:16 PM
I placed an order for two dresses several weeks ago, and was sent an email stating that it would take 6-8 weeks for them to be "made." I haven't heard anything since. When I ordered the dresses, the website didn't say it would take that long, but talking to other mom's at my rink, that's normal. I hope they get here by the middle of January, we have a skating exhibition and I need the dresses by then.

Won't know how they fit until we get them. They were the only ones that carried women's XL. In the skating world, my daughter and I are Amazons!And this was the Quad Club line? Did you check if the ones you ordered were in stock? (There's that tab at the top of the page where you input the style number and it tells you what they have in stock.)

Skate@Delaware
12-27-2005, 08:28 PM
One was a Twizzle, the other was a Jerry's. Both were ordered 26 Nov and the email said they would be available in 2-4 weeks, but their "check status" button said they didn't have it in stock when I ordered them.

Guess I'll either be getting the dresses any day now, or calling Skate Mart to find out where they are!

I always err on the larger side for comfort, as all the skating dresses I have ever gotten have run a bit small; and I have a larger girth than most so the extra is taken up by that....

daisies
12-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info! The dresses I want all say they are in stock, so hopefully that is the case. I, too, have girth issues -- I have a long torso, and a lot of times I have to size up just based on that.

Skate@Delaware
12-28-2005, 01:56 PM
It really irks me when I try to order stuff-my daughter doesn't really have a longer girth, she's actually a bit short-waisted, but some of the sizing they have run very, very short in the girth! Forget about it if, like you, you have a long-waist!

CaraSkates
12-28-2005, 04:09 PM
I had a hard time finding stuff when I was a size 14 (plus, plus) now I'm a size 6/8 and I still have a hard time finding stuff!

Makes me glad I can sew, but I don't have a lot of time!

Really? I wear a Ladies 6/8 but have closer to a size 10 bust. I fit perfectly into a GK Adult Medium and my current competition dress is a Del Arbour size 8-10 that is a little big but I like it that way. I know that I find Danskin's DANCE wear to run small and the "active" wear to run big - I wear a 4-6 in the active wear and a large in the dance wear! I'm fairly shortwaisted but my torso seems to be about average for my measurments and a GK Adult Large is too big in the bust! I can't speak for other companies, since we leave near the GK factory they have an outlet store near us - most of my dresses come from there.

daisies
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Since we live near the GK factory they have an outlet store near us - most of my dresses come from there.
I envy you!!!

Skate@Delaware
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Really? I wear a Ladies 6/8 but have closer to a size 10 bust. I fit perfectly into a GK Adult Medium and my current competition dress is a Del Arbour size 8-10 that is a little big but I like it that way. I know that I find Danskin's DANCE wear to run small and the "active" wear to run big - I wear a 4-6 in the active wear and a large in the dance wear! I'm fairly shortwaisted but my torso seems to be about average for my measurments and a GK Adult Large is too big in the bust! I can't speak for other companies, since we leave near the GK factory they have an outlet store near us - most of my dresses come from there.
I'll have to try them next time! I did luck out (once) with a Capezio XL that fit great...but everything else fits too small.