View Full Version : Joyce Currie

Mel On Ice
12-27-2005, 02:05 PM
For those of you who knew her, I'm sorry to say she died in a car accident yesterday afternoon, probably on her way to the rink. She was a member of the St. Peters FSA in St. Peters, MO, a Silver Ladies IV skater who won a bronze medal in interp at AN in KC this past year, as well as making final round in what was then Silver Ladies III.

She was particularly shy and introverted, but the ice was something special to her. I used to joke that she was the "hardest working woman in figure skating" and it was the truth. This year's interpretive program was entitled "make you laugh" and it's apparent she had plenty of joy performing it.

I am hoping in recognition of nationals being in her hometown, the USFSA can have a moment of silence for one of their adult medalists.

I hope you're landing your axel, wherever you are. :cry:

Terri C
12-27-2005, 02:19 PM
That is so sad- my condolences to her family on and off the ice. :cry:
Perhaps a donation from the St. Louis adult skating community to the USFS Memorial Fund is in order.

Mel On Ice
12-27-2005, 02:28 PM
there's already been talk

flying~camel
12-27-2005, 02:34 PM
OMG! That's awful!

lisa9172
12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
My daughter and I knew Joyce. Joyce skated many of the same freestyles as my daughter. She worked hard on the ice and had a great time. She will be missed. :cry:

Clarice
12-29-2005, 07:08 PM
This is indeed very sad. Mel, is there someplace we can send condolences to the family? The adult skaters in the Quad Cities will certainly make a donation to the Memorial Fund in Joyce's name, but it would be nice to be able to send a card as well.