View Full Version : Oh, Happy Day!

sunshinepointe
12-17-2005, 11:25 AM
A while ago I posted that it was rumored that my rink was being shut down but - I called the rink on a whim yesterday and there was a message on the machine stating that despite what rumors are circulating, they ARE planning on reopening the rink but it probably won't be until about March or so.

Woohoo! Hopefully this means they'll make some mega improvements to the floors and such too and the ice will be all nice and pretty, and the lockers might actually work, lol.

In the meantime after the holidays are over I'm going to start skating again at a different rink, and I'll take one 8-week batch of group lessons at the other rink which should bring me pretty close to March. Since I know that the other rink is going to reopen now I'm going to try to work something out with my current coach so that I don't have to switch - I'm sure we can figure out something to get us through until March.

Finding all this out made my day - I can't WAIT to get back on the ice, it's been far too long!

Justine_R
12-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Thats Great!
Im so happy for you! ;)

Mrs Redboots
12-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Oh, that is good news. It's always iffy when a rink closes whether it will reopen or not, and I'm delighted to hear yours will. What a lovely Christmas present for you.....

Skate@Delaware
12-18-2005, 08:06 AM
That is such good news!!! Guess it's true when they say "good things come to she who waits!"

e-skater
12-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Great holiday present for you, and hope this continues into next year. Glad you've got an interim plan which is working out. :)