View Full Version : Blade sizing question

sceptique
12-13-2005, 05:19 AM
I'm getting new blades, but I'm not sure which size is right. At the moment I have 10 1/3" blade on a 280 boot, but the boot is certainly too large for me so I'm planning to get a smaller one some time in future. But for now I just want to put new blades on same boots.

I ordered 10 1/4" MK Pros, but on one of the sites I saw a chart that recomments 10 1/2" for boot sizes 275-280 and 10 1/4" for 270. 270 is smaller than my shoe size, but it might be right for my skating boot, who knows.

So now I'm confused, which blade size should I really get - 10 1/4" or 10 1/2" and whether it matters at all.

jenlyon60
12-13-2005, 07:02 AM
I would wait until I got the boots and measure the length of the sole. There can be minor variation in length.

NickiT
12-13-2005, 07:14 AM
I would wait until I got the boots and measure the length of the sole. There can be minor variation in length.

Agrees with jenlyon60!

Nicki

Casey
12-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Just chiming in with the others...wait until you can measure the sole, and then get a blade that's exactly, or less than 1/4" under, that length. You want to use the maximum length blade that you can.

Mrs Redboots
12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Presumably, since you are in Coventry, you will go to John Turner to be fitted, so do be guided by him as to the correct size and weight of both boot and blade that you will need. Take your old boots with you so he can see how you have fitted them.

sceptique
12-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, the thing is - I'm not getting the boots yet. I want new blades for my current boots, but I would also like to use then in future if I decide to get new ones, but this if not the main issue. My main question is - should the blade match the size of the boot despite the fact that the boot is too large?

Anyway, I think you are right. I should first take the blades when they arrive to the guy who will be mounting them and see what he thinks and then decide whether I want to exchange then for longer ones.