View Full Version : Vote for figure skating coverage on NBC at the Olympics.

Casey
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
My rink forwarded this out:

NBC has a survey of what Olympic sports you want to see them cover extensively during the Turin Games.

There have not yet been many votes for figure skating, in fact Curling has been getting more votes than Figure Skating! So if everyone could do a quick click and be part of the vote, and please send this message to the figure skaters who are not on this forum.

Just click on the NBC web address at the bottom of this note, scroll down to "Olympic survey", click figure skating and the VOTE button and you're done.

http://www.wnbc.com/olympics2006/index

mikawendy
12-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks for posting this link, Casey--I read about this in a different area of the forum, but I couldn't figure out where the survey was until you posted the link.

So is everyone in Canada voting on this survey or something!?! Or maybe I just didn't realize how popular curling was?

Skate@Delaware
12-09-2005, 09:39 PM
I did this at work today-voted about 50 times.....until I got bored....it was really boring at work with the ice delay (and my kids had no school).

crayonskater
12-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Probably people figure that curling (which is pretty popular in some parts of Canada) needs the boost!

jazzpants
12-09-2005, 10:45 PM
I posted an equivalent thread on General Skating Chat, Polls & Discussion section. I got it from Maggie Harding... :)

crayonskater
12-09-2005, 11:15 PM
I voted, but I don't think the poll is for coverage, but just for 'what sport do you like?'

daisies
12-10-2005, 06:58 PM
I voted, but I don't think the poll is for coverage, but just for 'what sport do you like?'
Word.

This thing is posted all over the place, and I am posting the same response everywhere I see it.... Don't waste your time voting unless you really have nothing better to do. It's not a scientific poll, and it's not going to have any bearing on what is covered. You'll notice the poll is being conducted by WNBC. That's a LOCAL affiliate of the NBC network, but local stations are not going to have a say in what they air during the Olympics. It will all be national.

If you like taking meaningless polls, though, feel free to vote as many times as you want. ;)

prettyinpink
12-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Word.

This thing is posted all over the place, and I am posting the same response everywhere I see it.... Don't waste your time voting unless you really have nothing better to do. It's not a scientific poll, and it's not going to have any bearing on what is covered. You'll notice the poll is being conducted by WNBC. That's a LOCAL affiliate of the NBC network, but local stations are not going to have a say in what they air during the Olympics. It will all be national.

If you like taking meaningless polls, though, feel free to vote as many times as you want. ;)

exactly, I was just about to post this same thing. The only polls that would actually count would be from nbc.com (not w nbc.com) or torino2006.org, as those are the OFFICIAL NBC and Torino websites.