View Full Version : Bronze Free Christmas Present!

MusicSkateFan
12-09-2005, 03:13 PM
I JUST PASSED MY BRONZE FREE!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!

All three judges passed me. All my spin drills paid off. I did a 4rev back spin right at the start of my program. The only negative was a sit spin that needs to get lower....

One judge was a tough judge(so I am told) who was a judge for my Bronze Moves this past summer. She actually gave me the highest scores.

Here is how I did

JUDGE 1 2 3
TECH 2.4 2.5 2.6
PRES. 2.6 2.5 2.6

Well now I dont want to sound like I am creating Drama BUT, I thought that this process would get me excited to do Adult Nationals.....I now think it is time for a break and maybe to evaluate what I want to get out of all this. I have put myself under too much pressure to make this goal and I am seriously burnt out. I just realized that this week marks only one year taking Ice lessons and April will be my 2 year mark for skating!

Right now I want to continue working on a couple of doubles and an axel and thats about it. No real desire to even submit entry to New Years' competition in DC or to Nationals in Dallas. I need to have some fun on the ice for a while.....It has just been too intense for me since...well since last December!!! Pre Bronze MIF and FREE in FEB....Bronze moves in July.....first competition in Nov....a failed Free test in Nov and now finally a passed Bronze Free in December.....I am pooped!! :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

So thats it! Goal Met...and I am Done with the test/comp thing!

tah!

jazzpants
12-09-2005, 03:36 PM
YAAAAAAAY!!!! You did it!!! I knew you could do it, MSF!!! So happy for you!!! (So *JEALOUS* too but...still happy for 'ya!!!)

http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a045.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a040.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/musik/a050.gif

(Hey! Care to share some of the more detail comments of your test with the rest of the group???) ;)

FrankR
12-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey!

Congrats! :D I knew you'd do just fine.

Enjoy!

Frank

flo
12-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Congrats!!!!!

Debbie S
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Congrats, MSF!!! :bow:

Hey, can I go to Dallas in your place? :lol:

Seriously, you're right to take time off from competing if you feel burnt out. That's the best part about being an adult skater - we get to set our own goals and decide what we want to do. But I hope you'll come to NYI anyway, even if just to watch.

Yes, I second jazzpants's request about details, details. When you have time... :)

And I would be interested to know who judges 1, 2, and 3 were. When I was thinking of testing there, I contacted the test chair to ask, along with other things, about the judges, and 3 of the 4 judges regularly judge at my home club - 2 in fact, were on my panel for my ill-fated Bronze MIF test, and at least 2 from the group will likely be at the next test session, and probably eventually for my Bronze Free. PM me when you get a chance. Thanks!

skaternum
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Way to go!!
We knew you could do it!

singerskates
12-09-2005, 04:03 PM
:bow: Good job! Take a two week break and then slowly get back at it but keep it fun all the way.

As told to several elite world level skaters, "Just Have Fun!"

singerskates out.

Debbie S
12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Card carrying member of the "Pre-Bronze FS for Life" Club Oh come on, jazzpants! You WILL graduate from the Peanut Gallery, probably sooner rather than later! We all will (at least, I hope.... :) ).

Terri C
12-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Congratulations MSF!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Onward and upward!!

mdvask8r
12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
CONGRATS!! CONGRATS!!
Don't it feel just GRAND!!

MusicSkateFan
12-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Ok judges coments:

Judge #1 Mary E. Hart or Haut? cant read signature:
" All elements complete but sit spin not in low position. Other spins more than required, nice. Some connecting moves,spiral skated to music primarily 1 end of rink."

Tech 2.4 presentation 2.6

Judge #2 H? Nowak
" All required elements were included in the program. Spins had required revolution. Jumps were landed correctly. Connecting moves throughout the program"

Tech 2.5 Presesntation 2.5

Judge #3 C Povich
"Nice footwork. All jumps had nice lift and strong checks. The exits of the spins are poor(2ft) sit could be lower. Very Musical. Nice Choreography"

Tech. 2.6 Presentation 2.6

Thats what it was folks!

BTW My coach is making me do his rinks holiday show :evil:

I had a lesson tonight! Added flip loop combo and changed toeloop out of spiral into lutz.

Michigansk8er
12-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Congrats!!!! That's terrific. :)

e-skater
12-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok judges coments:

Judge #1 Mary E. Hart or Haut? cant read signature:
" All elements complete but sit spin not in low position. Other spins more than required, nice. Some connecting moves,spiral skated to music primarily 1 end of rink."

Tech 2.4 presentation 2.6

Judge #2 H? Nowak
" All required elements were included in the program. Spins had required revolution. Jumps were landed correctly. Connecting moves throughout the program"

Tech 2.5 Presesntation 2.5

Judge #3 C Povich
"Nice footwork. All jumps had nice lift and strong checks. The exits of the spins are poor(2ft) sit could be lower. Very Musical. Nice Choreography"

Tech. 2.6 Presentation 2.6

Wow! Congratulations :bow: :bow: :bow:

I hope someday, maybe next year, to take Bronze Free.......

What great marks and good comments. Good for you!

Terri C
12-09-2005, 08:11 PM
BTW My coach is making me do his rinks holiday show :evil:

Hey, MSF, think of the show as a way to celebrate your passing the test today. You're not the only one doing a Christmas show!

mikawendy
12-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Congratulations, MSF! (I also sent you a PM...)

LoopLoop
12-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Great job, MSF! I knew you could do it!

Mrs Redboots
12-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Well done! Now relax and have fun on the ice for a few weeks, no need to decide about future competitions just yet. Get your coach to do some fun things with you.