View Full Version : Question for anyone who's been to Klingbeil

Debbie S
12-05-2005, 10:17 PM
I called today and (finally) scheduled a boot fitting for next Friday. I'm combining my trip with a visit to friends (unfortunately, I'll miss jazzpants's New York Adventure by a couple of days :cry: ). The woman at Klingbeil said I could take the subway to the Sutphin Blvd. stop and then walk to the shop (she gave me directions for that).

I assumed I would take the E train. However, when I looked at a map of the NYC subway routes (I lived in NYC 8 years ago but I lived on the west side so I only know the 1/9 and A/C lines - when I went to the east side, I took buses), I saw that both the E and F trains have Sutphin Blvd stops but they are not in the same place. So which train will get me closer to Klingbeil?

LoopLoop
12-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Have fun at Klingbeil, Debbie! I can't help you with the subway information because I drove there when I went in June.

Debbie S
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Bumping this thread up in case anyone else sees it who missed it the first time. Dbny - if you see this (I remember you said you were on vacation), I tried to PM you about it but your box was full. :)

FrankR
12-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Bumping this thread up in case anyone else sees it who missed it the first time. Dbny - if you see this (I remember you said you were on vacation), I tried to PM you about it but your box was full. :)

Hi Debbie,

Like Loops, I have been to Klingbeil's but I have always driven into the shop. As a result, I don't really know the subway routes in that area at all. I'm sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully someone will chime in with the information you need.

Take care,

Frank

phoenix
12-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Why not call Kingbeil & ask? They probably know.

Isk8NYC
12-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I always driven there. I got lost going there years ago because the City put the elevated trains underground. I had lost my landmark!

Here's the directions from Klingbeil themselves:

Take the E train to Sutphin Blvd
Walk two blocks to Jamaica AVE
Turn left onto Jamaica AVE
Walk two blocks to 145th Street

Klingbeil's is on the corner of Jamaica AVE and 145th Street.

Debbie S
12-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks Isk8NYC!

Why not call Kingbeil & ask? They probably know.Uh, yes, that was what I would have done if no one responded to this thread. But I figured since there are a lot of NYers on this forum, someone would probably know and that would save me an extra phone call.

dbny
12-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Just so you don't get confused - it's Jamaica Ave, not Jamaica Blvd.

What time is your appt? I'm thinking of stopping in with a Christmas trinket for Don on my way to skating. I would probably be there just before noon.

Debbie S
12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi dbny! I scheduled my fitting for 2 p.m. (she said they usually only do fittings in the morning but would make an exception b/c I was coming in from out of town). My train gets in at 12:45 - she said if I got to the shop a little early or a little late, it was fine.

dbny
12-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Very nice of them! Unfortunately, I'll be at the rink from 12:45 to 2:45.