View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is....

Terri C
12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Okay skaters, here's your chance to wish for what you want for Christmas skating wise!

All I want for Christmas is a reliable and low enough sit spin, as well as a solid "go" date for my Bronze moves test.

Skate@Delaware
12-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh, where to begin???? I would love a backspin, because my coach won't start me on certain jumps without it.....if they are all sold out of that, then please, find me a loop (any size will do). For my birthday (which is coming up at the speed of light so I can wait :lol: ), I'd like a sitspin.

jazzpants
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Dear Santa!

I've been a really, REALLY good girl! I practice 5 days a week and put in a lot of hours on the ice. This is my Christmas list for this year!

My Bronze Moves elements to be "KICK-### test" ready!!!
A consistent loop
A pass on both my Bronze Moves and FS for AN 2006. It's been a long time coming and "DARN IT, I DESERVE IT!!!" :evil: :P
Nerves of steel...so I can stay calm thru-out the test so I can calm knock off all my elements one by one...
Thank you Santa...and to you, a holiday Christmas...

e-skater
12-05-2005, 08:37 PM
All I want for Christmas is a reliable and low enough sit spin, as well as a solid "go" date for my Bronze moves test.

Hmm, I hope Santa can give more than one better sit spin! I need mine lower, the rest is ok. I'd also like a solid backspin. Planning on testing Bronze freeskate prior to the end of life on earth. ;)

Isk8NYC
12-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Dear Santa,

For Christmas, I would like:
Good health (for a change) for my family and friends.
Students that listen and try new things without complaints.
Support and encouragement of friends and family.

Oh, and some time each week to skate for ME! Not as a teacher. Not as a Mom. Just me.

I've been as good as I could be this year. Have a safe trip!

Mel On Ice
12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
hey big guy -

I did some favors for you this year, now it's payback time! I want:

4 revolutions on my camel;

a smooth transition in the camel/back sit that doesn't make me look like I'm dry heaving or frozen in terror;

I'd like my sal/loop back to normal without cutting the loop to a half loop or spinning out of my landing;

I'd like a smoother lutz;

and, dream of all dreams, I'd like an axel please!

N-square
12-06-2005, 04:47 AM
I want lutz, backspin, and better sit spins... :frus: :frus:

NickiT
12-06-2005, 05:24 AM
I want to be able to do my camel as well as I did the other day so that it spins and spins and feels effortless.

I want to lose my fear on my lutz-loop so that it works easier. My "relaxed" attempts are always my best.

Of course I'd love my axel but I don't really deserve it as I've not been working on it recently.

Nicki

sceptique
12-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Job for my husband. I would give up all my other wishes for this one.

Joan
12-06-2005, 07:41 AM
A consistent lutz-loop combo
A sit-back sit combo spin
A camel spin
More hip flexibility so I can do open mohawks with ease and maybe, just maybe, do a spread eagle.
From now on, allow me to subtract birthdays rather than add them.

jestemkkool
12-06-2005, 07:44 AM
wow, I haven't been here for while.....Anyways, what I want for christmas and my birthday would be ..... the ability to afford lessons so I can start skating again. An axel would also be nice but thats alot

quarkiki2
12-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Dear Santa:

I've been a really, really good girl this year and have worked very hard at home, at work and at play. I'm trying to be the best person, wife, and mommy I can be.

Would you please help me to get passed some of my fear? Please?? Then I could do the waltz jump and the choctaw in my spin set-up. I am aware that there is no physical reason for me not to do these things -- I'm in the proper positions and have practiced and practiced and practiced... I think that if the fear was gone and I did these things once or twice, I'd be ok... Please??

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas,
Quarkiki

sunshinepointe
12-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Dear Santa -

I'm going to sound like I'm asking for a lot, but if you could find ANY way to get me a new rink to skate at I would be so happy! The only other thing that would make me happier would be to find a way to have my old rink restored so I can skate with my coach, but if this is not possible if you could wrap up a new coach that will suit me perfectly and leave him or her under my tree this would be the bestest christmas ever!

Mrs Redboots
12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Dear Santa

I should like

to be able to do 3-turns and Mohawks at speed solo
to have really good, steep, secure back outside edges
to be able to lift my free leg higher and point my toes
a spin
a spin for my husband, too, even though his is better than mine
and above all, please, pretty please with sugar on it and a cherry on the top

to beat the P*****s in compulsory dance at least once next year!

skaternum
12-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Dear Santa,
Please give me new knee cartilage for Christmas this year. I know I haven't been a very good girl this year, but if my knees get better, I promise I will be! I don't even care about not getting that axel I requested for the last couple of years. I'd just like to be able to go 10 days without my knees looking like melons.

Hello to Mrs. Claus. Looking forward to seeing her at the Pampered Chef party.

skaternum

NoVa Sk8r
12-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Dear Santa,
Please give me new knee cartilage for Christmas this year. I know I haven't been a very good girl this year ... When you're good, you're good. When you're bad, you're even better! 8-) :P

flo
12-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Partner for Nationals or Germany. New or used, preferably with references.
Also, while we're wishing, boots that don't kill my feet!

flying~camel
12-06-2005, 11:09 AM
The ability to trust my body to do what it knows to do on my jumps!
Smoother, stronger, light-picking lutz
Jump as well on-ice as I do off-ice
Be able to get my knee all the way through on my axel
New skates! ;)

Kelli
12-06-2005, 11:29 AM
To pass Novice moves
To pass Juvenile freestyle
A double sal

samba
12-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Dear Santa

I should like

to be able to do 3-turns and Mohawks at speed solo
to have really good, steep, secure back outside edges
to be able to lift my free leg higher and point my toes
a spin
a spin for my husband, too, even though his is better than mine
and above all, please, pretty please with sugar on it and a cherry on the top

to beat the P*****s in compulsory dance at least once next year!

All achievable, especially the last one which you have done before so go girl!

samba
12-06-2005, 11:48 AM
A lutz please Santa, that's all, not a lot to ask is it?

TimDavidSkate
12-06-2005, 01:07 PM
1. Silver MIF & Free tests passed
2. A good piece of haiko ;)

jazzpants
12-06-2005, 02:28 PM
2. A good piece of haiko ;)You mean a haiku, right?

TimDavidSkate
12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
You mean a haiku, right?

nopes ;) :twisted: :halo:

Justine_R
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
MY LEFT OUTSIDE BRACKET BACK!!!:)

jazzpants
12-06-2005, 03:20 PM
nopes ;) :twisted: :halo:Hmmm? Then what do you mean by "haiko?" (Last I've checked, "Haiko" is a proper name of a person.) :??

e-skater
12-06-2005, 03:24 PM
1. Silver MIF & Free tests passed
2. A good piece of haiko ;)

Enjoyed the photos on your website. :)

My curiosity is raving also.....WHAT is a "Haiko"? :?? Or, maybe I should ask, can you even say what it is here?! ;)

skaternum
12-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Hmmm? Then what do you mean by "haiko?" (Last I've checked, "Haiko" is a proper name of a person.) :??I think that's the point.

skaternum
12-06-2005, 03:26 PM
When you're good, you're good. When you're bad, you're even better! 8-) :P :oops: And coming from you, that says something!

sk8sk8sk892
12-06-2005, 03:29 PM
well......

i would like a clean and consistent double axel and my novice freeskate

:)

techskater
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM
I've been pretty good this year, and I really am only asking for a couple small things:
a pass on my Intermediate MIF
the ability to get through the elements in my program consistently clean
a double flip...

sk8er1964
12-06-2005, 03:45 PM
That last 1/4 turn. I don't care which double, but please give me that for at least one of them!

skateflo
12-06-2005, 03:55 PM
If I promise to exercise regularly off-ice, can I please be allowed to jump??? And secondly please hold off any more orthopedic problems so I can have injury-free skating this year?? (especially the new onset of lumbar spinal stenosis - I NEED my legs!!)

Thank you very much Santa - a hug, a squeeze, and everything inbetween....

Figuresk8_katie
12-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Dear Santa Claus,

Let's see...as far as skating is concerned I'd like :

~ To pass my Westminster next week *crosses fingers*
~ To pass my Sr. Silver Elements next week
L > PLEASE let me get my Camel change camel
L > PLEASE let me land eith my sequence or combo

I've been really good this year!

Ice T
12-06-2005, 05:22 PM
1. an axel
2. the Gold moves perfect and passable
3. a time machine -- to go back and fix a few things that happened this year

TwirlGirl10
12-06-2005, 05:48 PM
1.) please please fix my double toe for me!!
2.) solid double loop and flip!
3.) being able to so a sit-back sit!!
4.) A LAYBACK!!
Thanks santa!

cutiesk8r43
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
hmmmmmm.....
i would like to do good at my christmas exibition.
land a double salchow(which i doubt will happen)
get my camel back on track
have more split on my split jump
start doing good laybacks

~cutie ;)

doubletoe
12-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Santa Baby, slip a double loop under the tree, for me
Been an awfully good girl, Santa Baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa baby, a double toeloop that's always here, no fear
I'll wait up for you dear
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Think of all the fun I've missed
Working on my moves instead of double flips
Next year I could be oh so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
Boo doo bee doo

Santa honey, I want a double salchow that stays,
Always.
Not just when no-one looks.

Santa cutie, a little thing. . . I'd just like to qualify
To skate Championship Gold.
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, I'm filling my stocking with double 3's with CHECKS
Intermediate Moves.

Come and deck my Christmas halls
With some decorations won at Nationals
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo

Santa baby, forgot to mention a nice solid sit/back sit
Where I don't sit on the ICE

Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight

jazzpants
12-06-2005, 06:14 PM
doubletoe:

:lol: :bow: :bow::bow::bow::bow: :lol:

doubletoe
12-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Heh heh. Thanks, Jazzpants. ;)

skaternum
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
doubletoe has given us all a new Christmas classic!! :lol:
:bow:

sk8er1964
12-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Doubletoe! :bow: :bow: :bow:

That was awesome! :mrgreen:

The Ice Demon
12-07-2005, 03:00 AM
LOL at all these posts - thx everyone I needed a laugh I find this time of year quite stressful, though I guess we all do:(

Dear Santa

As in a couple of days it is the anniversary of my first landing of a double salchow, pleeeze can I have it back???? If not, I'll settle for any of the following:

- a floating, consistent axel like I used to have:frus:
- a walley jump
- a consistent camel-sit-camel-sit
- split-lutz
- any other landed double

I know I didn't visit or ring my grandmother as much as I should have, but please take pity on me, I haven't achieved a new thing all year and think I should have at least one thing ticked off on my list, I feel like I'm going backwards.:giveup:

Mrs Redboots
12-07-2005, 06:58 AM
All achievable, especially the last one which you have done before so go girl!
Not in compulsories we haven't, not as a couple! Free dance, yes. Once. And Husband's beaten her in solos, too.... but as a couple, they stay in time to the music and we don't, so they beat us, usually by about 0.1 on timing and expression.... and no matter how big the class, they nearly always finish one place ahead of us! Maybe next time.....

Doubletoe, that was brilliant and deserves wider circulation!

Isk8NYC
12-07-2005, 09:30 AM
doubletoe: :bow:

Not only are you a poet (and you "know it!"), you used my all-time favorite christmas song. The Golddigger-Eartha Kitt version, of course. Purrrrfect!

Thanks for a wonderful treat!

singerskates
12-07-2005, 12:15 PM
What I'd like for Christmas is a coach that has time to train me at my club, solid jumps 99% of the time up to an axel (dreaming about the axel right now), to finally get all the screws in my skates, be comfortable in all my spins and do them on both feet and the number one Christmas wish would be to not have herniated discs at all.

Non skating related Christmas wish list:
Music TEaching business takes off.
Figure Skating Music Editing and Remastering business takes off.
Youngest daughter enrolls in college and has half of the payments for the upcoming year (local).
MasterCard totally paid.
Visa totally paid.
Win Lottery $1 000 000 or more.
Add a few more kids to our World Vision list of kids we sponsor.
Move to Kitchener or London for the cleaner air.
Hubby can retire and wins the World's Fastest Drummer Competition and lands on The Tonight Show to talk with Jay Leno.

samba
12-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Not in compulsories we haven't, not as a couple! Free dance, yes. Once. And Husband's beaten her in solos, too.... but as a couple, they stay in time to the music and we don't, so they beat us, usually by about 0.1 on timing and expression.... and no matter how big the class, they nearly always finish one place ahead of us! Maybe next time.....

Isnt it amazing how our goal posts move, once I would have been thrilled at coming second to said person, as nice as said person is, second is begining to suck!! Yes I agree Annabel - "maybe next time", I think there is a song that goes something like that.

Cheers
Grace

rlichtefeld
12-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Dear Santa,

What I really, really, really want is:

1) A new pairs partner, preferably Silver level, but could take Gold. And, she must have a fairly flexible schedule so we could practice together, be able to travel to compete. (And, not too big, as I'm not as strong as I thought I was.)
Or, either one of my old partners to get back on the ice and start skating again.

2) A new coach at my rink that wouldn't mind teaching adult pairs. Since you let my only coach ever to move to Colorado.

Rob

In case you can't read between the lines, Jenny has decided to not skate anymore, and Sara is busy being Ms. Mom.. So that means that AN, MC and VT are out this year for pairs. I'll now have to put a freestyle together for AN, and then have to decide if this is the year for MC and VT, or VT and ISU.

And, Helen Ross, my coach for the last 7 years (and my pairs coach for the last year) has moved to Colorado. It is a good thing for her, but bad for me and her other students here. She was a good motivator, and is a good friend.

Joan
12-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Dear Santa,

What I really, really, really want is:

1) A new pairs partner, preferably Silver level, but could take Gold. And, she must have a fairly flexible schedule so we could practice together, be able to travel to compete. (And, not too big, as I'm not as strong as I thought I was.)
Or, either one of my old partners to get back on the ice and start skating again.

2) A new coach at my rink that wouldn't mind teaching adult pairs. Since you let my only coach ever to move to Colorado.

Rob

In case you can't read between the lines, Jenny has decided to not skate anymore, and Sara is busy being Ms. Mom.. So that means that AN, MC and VT are out this year for pairs. I'll now have to put a freestyle together for AN, and then have to decide if this is the year for MC and VT, or VT and ISU.

And, Helen Ross, my coach for the last 7 years (and my pairs coach for the last year) has moved to Colorado. It is a good thing for her, but bad for me and her other students here. She was a good motivator, and is a good friend.

Sorry to hear about the exit of both partner and coach. I bet you'll have a bunch of offers to be your new partner though! Good luck and I hope Santa takes care of you.

jenlyon60
12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
A Silver Tango.

An American Waltz

A Rocker Foxtrot

Michigansk8er
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM
To get back to my idea skating weight
Dance 3-turns...............done correctly, tight feet, all of that impossible stuff
A freestyle coach that remembers to show up for lessons
No ice on the roads...........so I can get to the rink at 5:45am each morning without having my car twizzle down the freeway

Joan
12-07-2005, 06:37 PM
A freestyle coach that remembers to show up for lessons

You need to find yourself a new coach (or start telephoning the coach at 4 AM to wake him/her up!)

doubletoe
12-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone (blush). Where else could I share MY version of Santa Baby without a bunch of very weird looks, LOL!

My husband thinks I should record it at a karaoke booth and use it for next year's Christmas program or interpretive program. . . Hmm. . . it DOES practically choreograph itself. . . :roll:

Oh, and for those of you who feel like Santa hasn't given you anything this year, don't forget to leave milk and cookies out, along with a note that says, "Santa, thanks for the skater's butt!"

starskate6.0
12-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Dear Santa

Id like a camel spin and a double axel.. :lol: but if thats to much Ill just take the double axel :lol: ok ok so maybe in my other dream...

Debbie S
12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Awww, Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your challenges with pairs partners and coaching changes. I hope Santa brings you at least one of the items on your list. :)

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate thread for me to be posting on since I'm Jewish, but here goes.... ;) :)

I'd like a reliable loop that actually looks like a jump, a flip with the same characteristics, a reliable backspin, a lower sit spin, and most importantly.....

a pass on Bronze MIF!!!! (please, please....!)

All of the above will then allow me to take and pass Bronze FS, so I can get to AN '07, since I didn't make '06 :cry: . (is it too early to start an AN 2007 support group?) :)

Raye
12-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Dear Santa

I have been working on my flip-jump for nearly a year. My granddaughter has just landed her first loop jump and is starting her flip-jump this weekend. Santa - please may I have my flip BEFORE she gets hers???

Raye

skaternum
12-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Rob, sorry to hear about losing both a partner and a coach. Helen was great! I know you guys will miss her. And your partners (both of them!) were great, so even though you'll probably have success getting a new one, they'll be irreplacable!

LoopLoop
12-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Rob, sorry to hear about losing both a partner and a coach. Helen was great! I know you guys will miss her. And your partners (both of them!) were great, so even though you'll probably have success getting a new one, they'll be irreplacable!
Yeah, what she said!

You'll probably have potential new partners appearing in front of you soon. Pairs partners are in high demand!

Scarlett
12-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Dear Santa,

I don't want to be totally selfish so instead I'm asking this for my coach. I would like a one foot spin. This would not only brighten my day but my coach could stop beating his head against the wall and stop wondering how I can manage a backspin but not a forward spin.

flo
12-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Rob - move to Baltimore!

Debbie S
12-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Rob - move to Baltimore!
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Or the D.C. area? :)

Michigansk8er
12-08-2005, 07:40 PM
You need to find yourself a new coach (or start telephoning the coach at 4 AM to wake him/her up!)

That's an idea! I'm actually wondering if this is a sign to give it up and focus on dance, however.

pennybeagle
12-08-2005, 08:25 PM
All I want is...

...some more natural endurance. The kind that doesn't go away after just one week off ice.

Skate@Delaware
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
That's an idea! I'm actually wondering if this is a sign to give it up and focus on dance, however.
Ha! I had a dance coach that was always forgetting to show up!

rlichtefeld
12-09-2005, 10:28 AM

I had lunch with Sara yesterday. I finally got to see the new baby! She's adorable. Still only 6 1/2 lbs.

Sara said that she was going to try to go skate this weekend. Just to stroke around. She said she really misses it. She hasn't skated since April when the doctor and husband made her stop. So, she may be back soon.

And, I've started taking lessons with Davin Grindstaf - Championship Masters medallist the last 5 years at AN

sue123
12-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I change my answer. All I want for Christmas is a med school interview. Just got my third rejection, over the phone nonetheless. Oh well, enough self pity. Just need one acceptance. Just one, I'm not asking for much.

Skate@Delaware
12-10-2005, 10:08 PM
I want to add:
a new sewing room with 40 amps of electricity for my machines (5 sewing machines, iron, stereo, tv, microwave, halogen lights, heater, etc).

I kept blowing the fuse today :evil: because my area of the basement was soooooo cold I had to plug in 2 space heaters and it's probably only 15 amps.

2 worktables, storage bins, shelves, lights!!! (for some reason, I don't see as well as when I was younger ;) )

and a KEEP OUT sign so my kids don't bug me (with stupid stuff like "where's the ketchup?" when I'm trying to meet deadlines

*JennaD*
12-11-2005, 08:11 AM
my axel...and maybe a few double sals!!

kayskate
12-11-2005, 04:09 PM
More ice time.

CanAmSk8ter
12-14-2005, 11:09 AM
*First and foremost I'd like my new skates to arrive! I think if I got them I could take care of the rest of this list, except maybe the last thing, on my own (knock on desk). But just in case...

*The ability to spin on a more regular basis

*A clean axel on a more regular basis

*More double toes like this morning

*More double sals like Monday morning

*My %^#$ American Waltz already!

*Pass my Silver Free in time for AN's- shouldn't be a problem, IF I get my new skates and fix my spins

*A partner for adult pairs. In what kind of just world do I get stuck being 5'1" and constantly being mistaken for being about eight years younger than I am (I'm not old enough for this to be a good thing quite yet) and yet I can't have a chance to try pairs? ;)

figure_skater
12-15-2005, 08:11 PM
dear santa...

i would like confidence... or if you ran out of that then a good loop would be fine...

<3 manda

triple twist
12-17-2005, 03:41 AM
to loose this BULK ive gotten. Gotta get rid of it!

iskatealot
12-17-2005, 04:18 AM
I dont get a choice about what I want for Christmas... my coach has told me that I WILL start landing my double Salchow and double loop cleanly before she lets me leave on holidays.
What I want is to be able to go away for the holidays for 4 weeks and be able to come back and still have my axel!!!

kayskate
12-17-2005, 07:45 AM
All I want is...

...some more natural endurance. The kind that doesn't go away after just one week off ice.

I am in a similar situation. My home rink closed and I am trying to get 1 and maybe 2 sessions per week. I fill the gaps w/ running and aerobics. I have more stamina than ever. It transfers right too the ice. I always had good stamina, but nothing builds it like running and aerobics. Love them both.

Kay
www.skatejournal.com

Sk8pdx
12-18-2005, 06:31 PM
... A REAL toe loop (not the "waltzy" kind :oops: )
... A scratch spin (centered :roll: )
... A spiral that is stretched, flexible, long and on an outside edge.

MusicSkateFan
12-19-2005, 06:21 AM
An Axel
To Land a double toe
To Land a double Sal
To Make some good attempts at all other double jumps!

singerskates
12-19-2005, 03:09 PM
What I want for Christmas is cash coming in to my bank account, enough to clear out my MasterCARD, for Vern Taylor to finally do my skates right and to get up the nerve to do my lutz again. Getting somekind of flexiable job not in fast food or a grocery store would be great too.

I can't lift much weight with my arms because of the herniated discs and jobs with repetition aren't a good choice for me either.

Brigitte

PattyP
12-19-2005, 03:37 PM
A new tendon in my a** so that I can skate again!

I will settle for a healed one....