View Full Version : MC and Oberstdorf

2loop2loop
12-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the MC and Oberstdorf are not following on directly from one another this year. They will be two weeks apart with the Vana Tallinn trophy in the middle. I would think that for those with oceans to cross this would mean doing both is out of the question and given it's higher ISU profile it will probably be Oberstdorf that wins out.

I'm still too young for Oberstdorf (and will be until 2009 under the current rules due to my July birthday) so I will only be doing the MC but it will be a shame if several of the regulars won't be there this year.

I'm surprised there hasn't already been any comment on this.

John

manleywoman
12-02-2005, 06:32 PM
I hadn't noticed, but I've never done MC and don't really plan on it. But it is a shame for those who want to do both, but I imagine it's hard for the rinks to coordinated perfectly on this, so they just do the best they can.

I REALLY want to do Vana Tallinn and Oberstdorf, but VT is very expensive to fly to, and I'm not sure I'd have the $$$ to do it.

coskater64
12-02-2005, 06:44 PM
I hope to do both but I still need to figure out what to do in between, I don't want to do all three just MC and O'dorf maybe I'll go to Spain or Portugal and work on my tan. Any suggestions for how to kill 10 days?

:lol:

sceptique
12-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I REALLY want to do Vana Tallinn and Oberstdorf, but VT is very expensive to fly to, and I'm not sure I'd have the $$$ to do it.

Are you talkking about a direct flight? Because at least from UK there a quite a few discounters that would take you to Tallinn for less than $50. If you can find a cheap flight to UK (I think they start from around $300), it might turn out to be a less expensive option.

sceptique
12-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Any suggestions for how to kill 10 days?

How about renting a car and seeing a bit of Europe? Wood, wine, sightseeing, shopping.... Give me 10 days of vacation anytime and I sure won't have a problem filling the hours!

Mrs Redboots
12-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I hope to do both but I still need to figure out what to do in between, I don't want to do all three just MC and O'dorf maybe I'll go to Spain or Portugal and work on my tan. Any suggestions for how to kill 10 days?

:lol:No, Leslie, you go to Tallinn and do the Vana Tallinn trophy - you know Piret would be thrilled.

We're not doing O'dorf this year, but are planning on MC and VT.

Talking of which, any uDel skaters here? If so, you will be pleased to know that your skater, Vanessa James, is the new British Senior Ladies' Champion (someone please tell Dotty Ray)

NoVa Sk8r
12-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Talking of which, any uDel skaters here? If so, you will be pleased to know that your skater, Vanessa James, is the new British Senior Ladies' Champion (someone please tell Dotty Ray)Oh, that's awesome! (We have/had the same coach.) And she is such a nice person. 8-)

blue111moon
12-05-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm probably skipping Germany simply because I can't take three weeks vacation at one time - and because I can only do one event - my weakest one - there. So right now I'm planning on Mountain Cup and the camp that follows it. I was going to go to Estonia but I might have a chance to see Moscow instead, which is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. But all plans are subject to change anyway, up until the moment I get on the plane.

Raye
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
There are eight of us at our club who have decided to do all three - MC, Tallin and Oberstdorf and three more who are too young for Oberstdorf that are still planning on doing the other two. It's going to be fun to be part of a large group this year.

starskate6.0
12-05-2005, 07:37 PM

I bumbed my way around Europe for years and bought a Eurail pass and stayed in Youth Hostels and B@Bs. Its very cheap and very safe there. You could have a great time for less than $60 a day, food and all :D . Your in Europe, take the trains. There the cheapest and the best way to get around and most of the time you just show up and go where you please on the Eurail pass. .
Oberstdorf will be my only destination next year. Not enough time to do it all. :?? And I can at least speak the lingo.. :D ( : I found a couple of great pubs there " ) :bow:

Mrs Redboots
12-06-2005, 08:37 AM
There are eight of us at our club who have decided to do all three - MC, Tallin and Oberstdorf and three more who are too young for Oberstdorf that are still planning on doing the other two. It's going to be fun to be part of a large group this year.Sheesh, and when you think how loud the Canadian contingent was last year.... ;) :D I guess I'll have to buy ear-plugs.... and invest in a new voice so I can out-cheer you! And, of course, cheer for you!