View Full Version : I passed!!!!

Michigansk8er
12-01-2005, 02:45 PM
For those of you that knew I was testing today...........I passed my Hickory Hoedown and Willow Waltz. Horray..........I'll never have to do that blasted Hickory again!!!!!

Moving on to Pre-Silver on Saturday. :D

icedancer2
12-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Congratulations!!

You will have a LOT more fun with the Pre-Silvers -- finally will feel like you are actually DANCING!
:)

phoenix
12-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats to you.

Good luck with pre-silvers--it's always so fun to have new things to work on!

Joan
12-01-2005, 03:12 PM
For those of you that knew I was testing today...........I passed my Hickory Hoedown and Willow Waltz. Horray..........I'll never have to do that blasted Hickory again!!!!!

If you passed the 10-fox before the hickory hoedown and willow waltz, I'm jealous! I find the end pattern of the 10-fox to be very fast and the outside mohawk is therefore sloppy (in my case). I plan to test the Hickory and Willow in the next few weeks, but I'll wait on the 10-fox

NickiT
12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Congratulations :)

sk8er1964
12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah!!!!!

(Grumble, grumble -- says my message was too short. I thought it was perfect -- like Michigansk8er's tests!)

flying~camel
12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Congratulations! :)

flo
12-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Time to celebrate!!!!! :) :mrgreen:

sunshinepointe
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
I know nothing about the dances, but I know that moving up to pre-silver dances is admirable - congrats and keep up the good work. :bow:

e-skater
12-01-2005, 03:48 PM

Congratulations! I just learned steps to Willow Waltz yesterday, and Hickory Hoedown last week. They're fun, but I'm living for that European Waltz. I like that music and can't wait to learn it. Great job!

Justine_R
12-01-2005, 06:14 PM
WELL DONE.

I've passed my Willow Waltz but I have no idea what the Hickory Hoedown is?

Willow Waltz is Jr Bronze here so is the Hickory Hoedown JR. Bronze there too?.

Off topic- Im on that blasted european, but testing it soon.

HOORAH!

Michigansk8er
12-01-2005, 06:16 PM
If you passed the 10-fox before the hickory hoedown and willow waltz, I'm jealous! I find the end pattern of the 10-fox to be very fast and the outside mohawk is therefore sloppy (in my case). I plan to test the Hickory and Willow in the next few weeks, but I'll wait on the 10-fox

Yep, I passed the 10-Fox first..............years ago (and failed the Willow). I never do things in a way. I also think a backspin is easier to learn than a forward one.

Thanks everyone! Definitely time to celebrate Flo.

jazzpants
12-01-2005, 06:32 PM
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/h025.gif

Congrats to you, Michigansk8er!!! :mrgreen:

doubletoe
12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Congratulations!! I am not an ice dancer, but my understanding is that the more of those tests you pass, the less you have to skate to annoying music, LOL! Yippee!!

jenlyon60
12-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Hickory Hoedown is one of the 3 USFS Bronze dances (the other 2 being the Willow Waltz and 10-Fox).

WELL DONE.

I've passed my Willow Waltz but I have no idea what the Hickory Hoedown is?

Willow Waltz is Jr Bronze here so is the Hickory Hoedown JR. Bronze there too?.

Off topic- Im on that blasted european, but testing it soon.

HOORAH!

TashaKat
12-02-2005, 12:59 AM
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/k015.gif

Well done, that's great news :)

I can honestly and happily say that I've NEVER done the Sickory Showdown, I hate the dance, I hate the music and thank goodness I never had to test the damn thing :D

Thin-Ice
12-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Hurray! Hurray! and BIG Congratulations!!!

jenlyon60
12-02-2005, 04:57 AM
Me too. Passed 2 of my Pre-Silvers in the "good old days" before PreBronze. When Adult dance tests started at age 35 and solos started at Bronze (which meant that I soloed all 3 Bronzes, which were Fiesta Tango, Willow Waltz and 10Fox).

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/k015.gif

Well done, that's great news :)

I can honestly and happily say that I've NEVER done the Sickory Showdown, I hate the dance, I hate the music and thank goodness I never had to test the damn thing :D

Joan
12-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Congratulations!! I am not an ice dancer, but my understanding is that the more of those tests you pass, the less you have to skate to annoying music, LOL! Yippee!!

You'd think someone could come up with some variety so we don't have to listen to the same 3 songs for each dance!

FrankR
12-02-2005, 08:05 AM

Congratulations! Best of luck with your Pre-Silver dances. :D

Take care,

Frank

Mrs Redboots
12-02-2005, 08:32 AM
I told you you would pass, didn't I!

WELL DONE

And, Justine, you don't want to know about the Hickory, there is the most abominable 3-turn in it. The side pattern is fine, but then the lady has to do a LFO3 while changing hold - although Michigansk8r did give me a tip to help with that - into a back swing roll, and then the most appallingly steep outside edge while her partner does a RF03. The rest of the dance is okay, it's just that tiny bit.

In this country it's not part of our test structure (thank goodness!), but is often competed. Traditionally, competitors wear "cowboy" or "American country"-type clothes to do so. Although Husband and a partner recently won a Bronze medal skating in plain black, both of them!

Joan
12-02-2005, 10:11 AM
And, Justine, you don't want to know about the Hickory, there is the most abominable 3-turn in it. The side pattern is fine, but then the lady has to do a LFO3 while changing hold - although Michigansk8r did give me a tip to help with that - into a back swing roll, and then the most appallingly steep outside edge while her partner does a RF03. The rest of the dance is okay, it's just that tiny bit.

That is an excellent description - it is so hard to avoid "whipping" around on that steep outside edge while partner is doing the RFO3. Does anyone have any suggestions? :bow:

jazzpants
12-02-2005, 11:38 AM
You'd think someone could come up with some variety so we don't have to listen to the same 3 songs for each dance!Yeah, I know. :roll: I can usually walk in half asleep at a morning FS session and say "Oh, who's doing the Dutch Waltz now?" or "Oooooh... someone is doing the Paso Doble!!!" :mrgreen: (perking up a little here...)

TashaKat
12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I know. :roll: I can usually walk in half asleep at a morning FS session and say "Oh, who's doing the Dutch Waltz now?" or "Oooooh... someone is doing the Paso Doble!!!" :mrgreen: (perking up a little here...)

LOL, I know JUST what you mean :)

Even worse was when I was doing my Bronze Compulsories and I used to go into work singing the music to the bloody Foxtrot 8O My street cred plummeted BIG TIME, I won't even mention the 14 step music :giveup:

jazzpants
12-02-2005, 01:03 PM
LOL, I know JUST what you mean :)

Even worse was when I was doing my Bronze Compulsories and I used to go into work singing the music to the bloody Foxtrot 8O My street cred plummeted BIG TIME, I won't even mention the 14 step music :giveup:One time, a coach and a student was playing the Paso Doble sooooo much that I started mimicking the trumpet part of the Paso Doble when I walked in to the rink (but the music wasn't playing.) As soon as I did that, EVERYONE sitting near me went from this half-dead somber mood into stiffled bits of laughter!!! :lol:

Raye
12-02-2005, 01:27 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WELL DONE!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Personally I love the Willow Waltz... The Hickory Hoedown is not a part of our test system so I do not know it. I have seen it performed at competitions and would like to learn it sometime. Good for you................ :bow: :bow: :bow:

pennybeagle
12-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

Any chance that you're competing the Willow at DBNAI?

Mrs Redboots
12-03-2005, 02:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WELL DONE!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Personally I love the Willow Waltz... The Hickory Hoedown is not a part of our test system so I do not know it. I have seen it performed at competitions and would like to learn it sometime. Good for you................ :bow: :bow: :bow:
You'll see the Hickory agan at the Mountain Cup if there are any Bronze dancers. We're staying at pre-Bronze this year, I can't possibly get both the Hickory and the 14-step to competition standard and work on getting my Level 4 silver dances testable. There are limits.... but I'm working on my 14-step & Foxtrot as they are the only two Silver (in this country) dances I'm not comfortable with.

Michigansk8er
12-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

Any chance that you're competing the Willow at DBNAI?

Not a chance I'll ever do solo dance. I might drive over to watch, but I guess that will be it for DBNAI this year. Not enough time to get anything else together.