View Full Version : boot pain

totalidiot
11-30-2005, 09:02 PM
i dont know much about skating and i wear hockey skates and they have always hurt my feet. specifically the bone that sticks out of your ankle. i was just wondering if it was the boot or it is something that i can do do fix by myself. thanks alot

doubletoe
11-30-2005, 09:39 PM
It's a very common problem. Buy some ankle sleeves at the skate shop (made by Bunga or Silo, usually, but the shop will know what you are looking for). If that doesn't do it, buy some gel disks as well, and put them over your ankle bones, under the ankle sleeves.

Mrs Redboots
12-01-2005, 04:32 AM
The third thing you can do is take your boots back to the fitter and ask them to "punch out" the area - they will have a special machine to do this. This will make them far more comfortable, to the point where you may not even need padding.

stardust skies
12-01-2005, 04:54 AM
The third thing you can do is take your boots back to the fitter and ask them to "punch out" the area - they will have a special machine to do this. This will make them far more comfortable, to the point where you may not even need padding.

I don't think you can punch out hockey skates, can you?

If your boot hurts your ankle, totalidiot, then it's probably the boot. Irritation of the skin can be alliviated by those ankle sleeves someone mentioned in their reply, but if your boot is actually pressing too deep against your ankle boot, then a little piece of cloth isn't gonna fix it- it's either you're tying your boots wrong, they're too stiff for you, or they're the wrong fit. Go to a pro shop and have them looked at! :)

sk8er1964
12-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I don't think you can punch out hockey skates, can you?

Unless they're really old, they should be heat moldable. Most of them are now. So you can take them to any skate shop that sells hockey skates and they should be able to do it for you (for a small fee, of course ;) ).