View Full Version : YogaPro toe trainers

AnnM
11-30-2005, 11:55 AM
I was wondering if anyone else here has either heard of or used this product:
http://yogapro.com/ts/toestretcher.html (http://)

I saw it advertised a while back in a magazine; it's supposed to help relieve various foot pains/ailments as well as improve strength & flexibity. There are several testimonials on the website from dancers. I was thinking of buying a pair (my feet take a beating between wearing heels at work and skates), but just wondered if any skaters had any feedback about it.

icedancer2
11-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Ann --

Your link didn't workfor me, so I found it here:

http://www.yogapro.com/ts/toestretcher.com

I've been very curious about this product also -- so if you get them, please report back! It sounds great!

mikawendy
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I've never tried these, but I think it would freak me out. I sometimes wear "toe socks" (socks that are like gloves, with a fabric part for each toe). The toe socks mean that there's a double layer of fabric between each toe, separating the toes slightly, and my feet get sore when I wear them. (And my toes get cold because they can't warm each other up). But maybe the yogatoes thing has a different effect since the toes are spread much farther apart than they are in toe socks.

blisspix
11-30-2005, 09:07 PM
I think I'd rather have someone give me a foot massage. ;)

That's the thing I miss most since I live far away from my mum - she's a masseuse.

Ann - hate to say it, but do you have to wear heels? They are very bad for your calf muscles and knees, and with the skates they don't need extra beating. My work rule is flats only. I have some fancier flats when required, but most of the time I wear fairly functional shoes.

I'd also recommend peppermint lotion for feet. Either as a fizzy foot bomb (like a bath bomb) or a cream. Works wonders. And tiger balm for really sore spots.

Kevin Callahan
11-30-2005, 10:30 PM
You know, I'vee heard all sorts of various things about what type of sock to wear, is there a standard? Kind off of the initial topic, but I don't really see how separating the toes is a smrt idea...

Mrs Redboots
12-01-2005, 04:35 AM
I think I'd rather have someone give me a foot massage. ;)

That's the thing I miss most since I live far away from my mum - she's a masseuse.
Get her to teach you how to massage your own feet - it's not quite the same thing, but it's a very good second-best.

You know, I'vee heard all sorts of various things about what type of sock to wear, is there a standard?Most people prefer thinner socks - the nylon "knee highs" that are sold on the women's hosiery counters are ideal, or very thin silk socks.

Ann, I simply wouldn't work somewhere that made me wear high heels - what's more, unless the men were required to wear them, too, I would point out that this was sexual discrimination and against the law!

AnnM
12-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Just to clarify, I wouldn't be wearing these under any type of shoe or skating boot; they're worn on their own for whatever amount of time is comfortable. The toe socks described by mikawendy sound interesting; I might try that if aI come across a pair. I think I'll still try the toe-trainers though, since my toes seem slightly hammer-toed; it looks like the device will "uncurl" them, if that makes sense. While I'd prefer a good foot massage or pedicure as well, sometimes the finances don't allow for weekly pampering.

I'm not required to wear heels at work, but I'm an attorney and I am required to wear suits to work. Quite simply, in consideration of my height (on the petite side) and the fact that I almost always wear skirt suits (that's a whole other story), I look far more professional and pulled together when I wear heels. I've tried dressier looking flats, but they still don't look quite right on me.