View Full Version : Oops :/

TwirlGirl10
11-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I just realized not to long ago that I needed to water proof my skates. I think I realized it a little to late though. I have had my skates for almost a year now and have only waterproofed them once , when I first got them. The guy I got my skates from never said anything about waterproofing so I never really realized that I should be doing it. I can tell that my skates are water damaged and was wondering if I should still water proof them. I am getting new skates soon, at the latest in about 5 months. Thanks!

Kelli
11-20-2005, 11:39 AM
I've never waterproofed my skates and I've had them for almost 6 years (and I don't go easy on them at all). I think they were waterproofed for each pair of blades - pretty sure that's what the goop on the sole was after my most recent blade mounting - but I've never done it myself. I leave my skates in my locker with the sole up and soakers off so the blade and bottom of the skate can dry, and I've never had any problems. I thought I was some sort of evil rebel for not waterproofing, but the last time I said something, a whole bunch of others chimed in in agreement. Point is, your boots should be fine. If they are really bad, a good pro shop can either put some screws in the unused blade holes or plug the existing holes.