View Full Version : Int./Adult Gold moves video clips

phoenix
11-18-2005, 09:41 PM
I was demonstrating these for someone so they're not skated full out & I'm talking in places, but thought I'd share these. One is the slide chasse element & the other I was demonstrating how to switch feet/sides in the middle of the brackets element. You can hear me laugh & say "that's my bad side!" after a particularly wonky BO 3 turn...... :oops:

Enjoy/comment/snark at will. :D

slide chasses (http://www.sk8rland.com/users/phoenix/video/slide_chasse_int.moves.AVI)

brackets (http://www.sk8rland.com/users/phoenix/video/bracket%20change%20feet%20demo.AVI)

Anyone else have moves videos to share?

Raye
11-18-2005, 11:18 PM
One day I hope my skating looks that good! :bow:

sunshinepointe
11-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Ah, so THOSE are what slide chasses are. I always hear people talking about them and I never knew what they were - our group coach is russian and doesn't speak English very well so he just has us do that stuff and I never know what its called. It's cool to know that all this time I've been doing Gold MIF type stuff lol.

Video looks good though - brackets could use some speed, but the chasse pattern looks great. I love your flow and even your "bad" side isn't bad at all. Great work! :bow:

Skate@Delaware
11-19-2005, 07:55 AM
This was really nice to see, we just started working on brackets last night (something about kick-through). Yours are very smooth!

sk8pics
11-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Really nice!

And btw I'm jeaous of that session you were on! The ice looks nice and there's no crowd!

cecealias
11-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Nice Moves! Ok here is my $0.02.

Brackets - In general, how fast you do this move is not critical for passing. The maximium speed phoenix has here I think is sufficient for the test. What IS important for testing in my experience is how even the size and shape of the lobes are, if the turn is placed at the top of the semi-circle and if the flow is even throughout. Also, if the lobes are finished back to the long axis.

The only lobe I saw that was somewhat larger than the others was the LFI, but it is difficult to tell from the video. I think one of the BO bracket could be held longer back to the axis.

Slide Chasse - Flow in general looks nice. I would work on the wobble after the 3 turn - sitting more deeply in the knees to sustain and control the exit edge. It seems to be just on the LBO3 - yeah i know this is the weak side for most people. Also it seems - can't really tell too well on the video - but that you get closer to the wall and fill out the pattern on better on the RBO3 side than the LBO3 side. The very first RBO3 had really good quality.

When I did this move for the Intermediate test, I was taught to do the 3 turns as power 3 turns such that my free leg stayed on the ice a bit longer before the 3 turn. It was more like a crossover scull under before the 3.

I think - your pattern started out strong but the edges got shallower toward the end. Imho, the inside slide step could be held just a tiny bit longer to show off the great extension you have every where else. but otherwise looks good enough to pass Gold.

BTW - Do you have videos of the other moves? I am curious to see. :D

phoenix
11-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks for your helpful comments, cecealis! When I get around to testing them, it will be Intermediate rather than Adult Gold. I haven't worked on them much because I've been too busy w/ dance lately, but I really should just set a date & polish them up & give it a try.

I never thought of doing the back push in the side chasse pattern as the same push as in the back power 3's, but that makes perfect sense. I'll give that a try. On a lot of the moves elements, I find I have to change habits from my dance training, mostly the back pushes.

The rink where these were shot is Olympic size & I have yet to see *anyone* who can take that pattern wall to wall on that rink. I do get that coverage on a hockey rink. (around here we tend to strategically plan our tests as far as which rink it's on, based on what we're testing--sometimes the extra room is a great advantage--sometimes not! :D )

I don't have videos of the other elements yet, but if I decide to really work on these over the winter I'll have some taken & I'll post them then. It looks like I won't be doing AN w/ my partner this time around, so I want to make use of the time & get through some tests. Maybe I'll shoot for springtime for testing these & get to work!

Spreadeagle
11-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I did the 3-turn in the slide chasses like a power back 3 as well and found it really helpful. The other thing that I learned differently than you for this move was the timing of it all. My coach taught me to hold each edge for about the same amount of time and count through the move. 1...2...3...4...5...6. It looks like you do the mohawk pretty quickly and then hold the other edges longer. Since edge quality is a primary focus, you might benefit from holding these 1st 2 edges a bit longer.

phoenix
11-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks! I'll try that. :)