View Full Version : warm up before competitions

Sweet16*skater
11-12-2005, 08:46 PM
okay you see the thing is that i need some music to get me prepped up before a competition and i thought of few songs that get my blood moving but i would like to know if anyone else has any suggestions...

songs kinda like: Jet - are you going to be my girl

do you understand the type?

nerd_on_ice
11-12-2005, 10:07 PM
That is a great song!

My current favorite psych-up song is Cake's "Short Skirt/Long Jacket."

TimDavidSkate
11-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Jock Jams, Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Olympic Hymns .... are my fav picks ;)

Terri C
11-13-2005, 03:00 PM
For my last competition it was two songs on my brain:
"This is How a Heart Brakes" by Rob Thomas
"Out of Control" by Missy Elliot

jazzpants
11-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Jock Jams, Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Olympic Hymns .... are my fav picks ;)I don't know Jock Jams and Olympic Hymns are too schlocky for me to skate to, but Beyonce/Destiny's Child, OTOH...(going gangsta talk...) sing it, sistas!!! YEEEEEAH!!! (end of gangsta talk...) :P

Another one that a lot of skaters like skating to, "Lady Marmalade" (the "Moulin Rouge" one.)

If I want to go mellow into my warm up, then I probably would go with "Babylon" by David Gray. (Hey! Brian Boitano had that in his warmup tunes. If it works for him, it works for me...) But usually, with my luck, I'll probably hear our schlocky ice dance tunes. (I already know by now which ice dance goes with what ice dance tune at our rink, well at least for the first two ice dance levels and for the "Paso Doble"...) :lol: :P

Mrs Redboots
11-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Always, before competition, I have to listen to "Maybe this time" from Cabaret ("It's gotta happen/happen sometime/maybe this time I'll win!") and Queen's "We are the Champions" (from "We Will Rock You", I think).....

Seems to be working, slowly....

Mel On Ice
11-14-2005, 08:12 AM
"Beautiful Girls" and "Pretty Woman" by Van Halen to get my strut going.
"What Cha Waiting For" by Gwen Stefani gets the attitude up.
"Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen gives me the chutzpah to "work" my ample curvaceousness.

I've got more on my mix CD... I'll have to check what else is on there.

AnnM
11-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I usually don't need music to rev me up before a competition, but before I start a trial I like to listen to Eminem's "Lose Yourself" on my way in to work in order to feel "fierce".

stefaniskate13
11-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Call On Me - Eric Pyrdz
Definatley a song to get you going! :o :D

mikawendy
11-14-2005, 11:02 PM
I really like warming up to Hey Ya by Outkast. Kinda cheesy but the rhythm gets me going...