View Full Version : good luck frank R..

icecatepairs
11-09-2005, 10:14 PM
FRANK R
gOOD LUCK IN YOUR MOVES TEST . I KNOW YOU'LL BE FINE. YOU PROVED YOU ARE GOOD IN PRESSURE SITUATIONS AS THE AXEL LOOP MAN IN OUR TEAM EVENT! YOUR FELLOW EAST COAST STUNT DOUBLES ARE PULLING FOR YOU!

THABNKS TO TIM AND FRANK FOR BEING PART OF THE TEAM MANUEVERS EVENT AND FOR YOU UNDYING SUPPORT ALL WEEKEND. YOU GUYS ROCK!

BY THE WAY FRANK IT WAS MY IDEA TO DO THE NAME TAGS...I THINK WE SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT FOR SECTIOANALS ...OR MAYBE WE COULD SET UP A TSHIRT ORDER. WE COULD GET A DESIGN GOING...GET IT SET UP WITH A COMPANY ...POST IT...SET A DEADLINE AND HAVE ALL THOSE INTERESTED SEND IN A CJHECK TO THE VENDOR. NOT SURE ON HOW TO HANDLE THE DETAILS ...BUT IS ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED OR HAVE A BETTER IDEA HOW TO SET IT UP?

jazzpants
11-10-2005, 01:36 AM
GO FRANKR GO!!! You can do this!!!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/sportlich/c025.gif

Show "Master Edward" what 'ya got!!! You know given how brutal he is that he would NEVER EVER put you out unless you're ready for it. So go out there and prove him right!!!

skaternum
11-10-2005, 08:42 AM
No need to send you good luck, frankr, because I know you don't need it. You'll do great!!

NoVa Sk8r
11-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Best of luck Frank--I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors. 8-)

Does this mean you're soon gonna leave me alone in silver II???

FrankR
11-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the good vibes and kind words.

I spent most of the day just trying to relax and clear my head. I took the day off from work so I got up around 7am and had breakfast. I gave my mom a ride to work and then stopped by our town library to return a book and pick up another one to read. Then I came back home and watched some TV and read some of my book.

I got to the rink about an hour before my test and warmed up and then skated for a half-hour. To say that I was nervous would be a gross understatement. It got so bad that as I was warming up my back double threes I almost took out a coach. :oops: That was particularly embarassing.

The test started out quite well. My forward power circles went very well. Edward even said that they were the best forward power circles I had ever done. However, after that, the nerves started to get to me. My back power circles were very scratchy. Then throughout the remainder of the test I had a number of small balance checks although I managed to keep all the moves on one foot and the right edge as necessary. When I finished the judges thanked me and I was done. Both Edward and I didn't think I got the job done. I had been doing stronger run-throughs of the test for weeks and I had stiffened up quite a bit. Edward had more students testing after me so he asked me to go out into the lobby and he'd talk things over with me afterwards.

My freestyle coach happened to be at the rink and she asked me how things went and I explained. She was very supportive and told me that things would be okay no matter what. I pretty much concluded that I didn't make it and decided to just change into my jeans and just wait for my test forms. As it turns out, the test forms had come out while I was in the restroom changing. Edward came up to me and squinted at me. So I start thinking "This can't be good." He then broke into a big smile and told me I passed.

I was stunned. 8O 8O I hugged Edward and my freestyle coach and then promptly sat in the nearest chair and sobbed like an eight year old. :oops: How embarassing! :lol: I couldn't help it. When I thought back to all the work that went into this and how down I was when I thought I had blown it I just couldn't keep it together. Each judge passed me. I actually got an 18.1 from each judge (The passing total mark is 18.0). Each move got a passing mark of 3.0 with a few 3.1's scattered in there although I did get a 2.9 from one judge for my slide chasse and another from another judge for my forward double threes.

Again thanks to all of you for showing me so much love and support. It came in handy today and I'm forever grateful.

My best to all of you,

Frank

renatele
11-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Must be SUCH a relief!

I was thinking of you whole day, was contemplating going to watch the test session (as I had originally planned signing up for it... didn't work out). Wish I could have come :)

FrankR
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Must be SUCH a relief!

I was thinking of you whole day, was contemplating going to watch the test session (as I had originally planned signing up for it... didn't work out). Wish I could have come :)

Hi Renata,

Thanks so much! It is a huge relief. However, I do eventually plan to take the intermediate moves test at some point which means I'll see the majority of these moves again and I'll have to do them much better than I did them today. This is a good start though and I am very much relieved.

Take care and I wish you well with your tests in the future.

Frank

LoopLoop
11-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Yay Frank! I'm so thrilled for you!

FrankR
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Yay Frank! I'm so thrilled for you!

Thanks Loops! I'm still in shock. I'd better snap out of it. I've got a lesson bright and early tomorrow morning. :lol:

Frank

jazzpants
11-10-2005, 05:11 PM
CONGRATS, FRANKR!!!! YAAAAAAY!!! And 0.1 over too!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: (See??? I TOLD 'YA he wouldn't put you out on the ice unless he thinks that you're ready...) :P

FrankR
11-10-2005, 05:31 PM
CONGRATS, FRANKR!!!! YAAAAAAY!!! And 0.1 over too!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: (See??? I TOLD 'YA he wouldn't put you out on the ice unless he thinks that you're ready...) :P

Thanks jazzpants! I knew that Edward thought I was ready but I also know that I can have a tendency to really tighten up. I just didn't know whether my readiness outweighed my tendency to tighten up. lol :lol:

Take care,

Frank

skate1965
11-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi Frank,

GIGANTIC HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Gold moves is a huge step!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

You should be so happy!!! I knew you could do it, but I must admit I still got nervous for you as if I were taking the test too. This news has made my day.

I hope you go out for a big dinner tonight!

Tim

FrankR
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi Frank,

GIGANTIC HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Gold moves is a huge step!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

You should be so happy!!! I knew you could do it, but I must admit I still got nervous for you as if I were taking the test too. This news has made my day.

I hope you go out for a big dinner tonight!

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks so much for your support. You and Tara have been so supportive the last few weeks and it's meant a lot to me. I'm so glad to have this test done.

Believe me, I was a nervous wreck. I didn't skate my best at all but I'm just glad it was enough.

I'm not going out for dinner because I have an early morning lesson tomorrow morning. However, I'll find some way to celebrate over the weekend.
:)

Thanks again and take care,

Frank

Debbie S
11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Congratulations, Frank!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow, a test and a comp in the same week. I always say I can only handle one nervewracking event per week - lol. An extra :bow: to you!

Mrs Redboots
11-11-2005, 06:58 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, FRANK!!!!!

FrankR
11-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Congratulations, Frank!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow, a test and a comp in the same week. I always say I can only handle one nervewracking event per week - lol. An extra :bow: to you!

Hey Debbie,

I have to admit that right before the test yesterday I was doubting my sanity for having done a competition and a test in less than one week's time. :lol: I'm just glad I made it through the past week.

Thanks for the congratulations. It's much appreciated.

Frank

FrankR
11-11-2005, 08:12 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, FRANK!!!!!

Thanks so much Annabel! Congratulations to you too on all of your successes. :)

Take care,

Frank

kar5162
11-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Congratulations!!!

FrankR
11-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Congratulations!!!

Thanks so much, kar5162! It's much appreciated. :)

Take care,

Frank