View Full Version : I Have a problem!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

TwirlGirl10
11-07-2005, 07:35 PM
I have a bit of a problem. I need new skates soon and where I got my 1st pair of skates ( Riedell silver star) They guy oversized my possibley because he was giving me room to grow. Now I need new skates again and I didn't have the best time with the ones I have now they gave me cramps and i have to tye them really tight!! I have many friends that swear by some Guy in Canada and say I should go there. The problem is that the Guy I 1st went to no matter how much the skate is trys to save you money and never makes you pay full price. Also, my coach goes to him and thinks I should go to. I don't know wether to go back to him and ask him for a size down or to go to Canada. HELP!!!

Mel On Ice
11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
what are you asking?

doubletoe
11-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Okay, here's what you do: Go to the Canadian fitter and get his recommendation for which boot and what size. Ask how much he would charge for the skates he is recommending. Now go to your usual guy and see if he can get you the same boots the Canadian fitter recommended, but cheaper. Order them from whichever one will give you the cheaper price.

jumpingsrimp
11-08-2005, 07:05 AM
OK well here

YOu were not happy with the skates that you had before. If they are all that bad then why go back just because they are chepper i wold rather spend the mony and get a good pair of skates that i can skate in pain free. And umm the cramps in your feet would be from the width of the boot. Also just because your coach tells you to go some where does not mean you have to go you are the one spending the money and they are youe feet. In the end if you do get fited by the people ion canada then i would not reconmend going to the other store and getting the skate there after you know the size because it w9ould be wrong to get fitted by one person and bye from a nother. As the one person would have taken there time ti fit you.

BUt i was wondering what store in canada are you taking about that friends say is great i might just want to check it out

TwirlGirl10
11-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Its called Brians costom pro shop. :)

CanAmSk8ter
11-08-2005, 06:02 PM
My suggestion would be to go with something other than Riedells. They run narrow, and unless you happen to have narrow feet, you'd probably be better off in Jacksons or GAMs or something. The cramping is probably because the Riedells aren't wide enough for you; I had the same problem when I was in Riedell and I've done much better with Risports and Jacksons. If you really think the guy you've gone to is fitting you wrong, defintiely go elsewhere, but I suspect the problem might be more the width of Riedells in general than the actual fitting.

Also, since I know someone else will mention this ;) this board is populated largely by adults, most of whom prefer not to have to try to read posts peppered with "teenspeak" abbreviations, misspellings, and lack of punctuation. I was a teenager just a few years ago, but even I find it hard to read stuff without punctuation and capital letters. Just so you understand you'll get more responses if you write posts in a more "adult" way.

aussieskater
11-09-2005, 05:23 PM
About the general fit of various brands of skates - it's been my experience that Risports run narrow in the toe box (no matter what they are through the rest of the boot), while Jacksons are quite wide and high in the toe box, even in their narrow boots. I can't speak for other brands. (As a duckfoot, I LOVE my Jacksons. My toes have room to sit flat and not squashed up against each other. Bliss.)

TwirlGirl10
11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
So sorry!! I just read over my post :oops: I was in a bit of a rush when I typed it. Im not usually one of those teens that type with little abriviations or sayings! It bugs me too, I myself can't read them very well.
~Carmen~ :)

CanAmSk8ter
11-12-2005, 04:19 PM
About the general fit of various brands of skates - it's been my experience that Risports run narrow in the toe box (no matter what they are through the rest of the boot), while Jacksons are quite wide and high in the toe box, even in their narrow boots. I can't speak for other brands. (As a duckfoot, I LOVE my Jacksons. My toes have room to sit flat and not squashed up against each other. Bliss.)

You're exactly right, which is why, as a fellow duckfoot, I too prefer my Jacksons to the Risports ;) But even the Risports were far better than my Riedells.

TwirlGirl10
11-13-2005, 08:00 AM
Well, I do have very narrow feet, AA heel and A ball :D I don't know for sure but I though Jacksons were for people with wider feet??

Pinky
11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi, i'm a skater...yeah I got my skates from Brians because I live in Canada. He does a good job with fitting skates and he's really nice. But a lot of the people I know don't go to him anymore because they always have problems with the skates they get from there. I personally don't like my skates too much...I mean they are ok but meh they could be better. I 'm not sure if its because of the way he fitted them or because of the brand I have. All I know is that a LOT of the pros go to him.

doubletoe
11-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Well, I do have very narrow feet, AA heel and A ball :D I don't know for sure but I though Jacksons were for people with wider feet??

My understanding is that it's not really the width of your feet but the shape of your feet that determines which brand fits best. After all, each brand comes in different widths. I actually found Jacksons to be a little narrow in the toes for me, since my toes are sort of all the same length and straight across at the top. But SP Teri's are great for my toes.