View Full Version : Blades 4 Sale

singerskates
11-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Pattern 99's 10 and 1/2 inches, hardly sharpened. Has more sharpenins in them than the new Pattern 99's for this year.

Email me and make an offer if interested.

Making an offer on Pattern 99's (singerskates@yahoo.com)

PS: To moderators, Please don't move so adult skaters and skaters with big enough feet can see this. Thanks.

singerskates
11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Ok, new Pattern 99's range from $599 to $699 depending where you buy them. I'm asking for $450 CDN plus shipping and handling for them.

Casey
11-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Ok, new Pattern 99's range from $599 to $699 depending where you buy them. I'm asking for $450 CDN plus shipping and handling for them.
Just an FYI, that comes out to $382 US. I guess blades probably cost more in Canada, but I bought my Gold Stars brand new for only $20 more, and Pattern 99's are at least $50 cheaper, meaning I could buy a new set cheaper than your used set (note that that's just here, I don't know the best prices in other regions of the US). You might be able to find a better buying price advertising them at the local rinks considering how much they sell for in your area versus online to a mostly-US/EU audience.

Selling used blades is hard - I had my 11.75" Gold Stars advertised for $200USD for a while with no bites. I may end up needing an 11.5" blade when I get properly-sized custom boots, but I don't know how many months off that will be yet. Good luck!

singerskates
11-14-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm still trying to sell my blades. Any takers? I also have Coranation Comets for sale as well. I have to look the size of those up.

icedancer2
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
edited because I wasn't paying attention.

stardust skies
11-14-2005, 10:13 PM

Pattern 99's sell for anywhere between $400 and $460. In fact if you go to the John Wilson site, the suggested retail price is $433. Not even Gold Seals sell for $599, much less $699. The most expensive blade IS the Gold Seal, which sells for anywhere between $499 and $520. These are for new blades, obviously. The suggested retail in Canada is $587 though, so $450 CDN seems more than fair for people in your area. But I just thought you should know the prices you listed for American stores are very incorrect.

singerskates
11-15-2005, 04:56 AM
I was not quoting US stores. That's why I was asking for CDN and not American.

Canskater
11-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Just an fyi --

I think your price is too high and will not attract any Canadian buyers unless you significantly lower your price. At Figure8 in Ottawa (does big mail order business, in addition to having a store you can actually visit), has Pattern99 blades ... new, never sharpened ... in their clearance section for anywhere between $274. CDN and $412 CDN. These are previous years blades .... like yours, since you've had yours for some time.

-- sheilagh

stardust skies
11-17-2005, 12:34 AM
I was not quoting US stores. That's why I was asking for CDN and not American.

Well, your exact words were "Ok, new Pattern 99's range from $599 to $699 depending where you buy them. I'm asking for $450 CDN plus shipping and handling for them." If you wanted people to know you were speaking of Canadian dollars when quoting how much they go for, then you would have added "CDN", just like you did to specify you were asking $450 in Canadian dollars. The fact that you didn't use the specification for one set of prices, but did for the next, would make anyone think it was done on purpose. To save yourself time, you could have just said "this is all in Canadian dollars". Not very hard.

Meanwhile, *most* people here are either from the U.S. or the U.K., so using U.S. prices would probably make more sense, as most people could buy brand new Pattern 99's for about the same price you're selling your used ones. Used blades come with potential problems...you don't know if they might have gotten a little bent during use (esp. when it's a guy using them), they no longer have the protective wax strip that protects the blade and thus they might rust a little during shipping if they are in a moist environment, they've already been sharpened and you have no guarantee it was done by a knowleadgeable guy and that the rocker is still intact after it, the list goes on. If you want to sell them off, especially a size that large for which there isn't much demand, you might want to reconsider the price. Good luck, though.

Skate@Delaware
11-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Any idea on the size of the Comets?