View Full Version : Bunga Pad question!

daisies
10-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone! I have started skating again (yay!), but after my third day I started getting pain in the back of my heel. There's sort of a "bump" there; I have had it forever, but I've never really experienced this pain. So I am going to get a Bunga Pad "Boot Bumper," which is a combination of the lace bite pad and achilles heel pad (I already wear a lace bite pad, so this seems perfect). Anyway, apparently the Boot Bumper (and achilles pad) comes in S/M and L/XL .... it says the S/M fits most and the L/XL fits most men size 8+. Well, my sports shop only has the L/XL. Is this going to be huge? I can't imagine it will be THAT big, it is elasticized after all. Thanks!!!

Chico
10-28-2005, 08:34 PM
I've been wearing Bungas for years now and feel like a Bunga expert. I play one as a skater anyhow. =-) I would go to the Bunga website and order the smaller size. My experience is that they ship pretty quick. Your Bunga should last a long time if taken care of. Get the right size as it will fit better.

Chico

Casey
10-28-2005, 08:45 PM
I developed such bumps from skating too... When I first bought the heel pads, they only had the small/medium ones, when I lost one and went back to get another, they only had the large/xl ones. The only difference is the size of the gel padding, the elastic sleeve is the exact same size on each, the large version simply has wider padding that wraps around the heel more. For quite a while I just wore the bigger one on the foot that I felt needed it a bit more, and the smaller one on the other. Then I found the other small one, so now I'm wearing both of them so they match, and saving the large one for when they wear out :P

Both seem to prevent the problem from getting any worse or hurting equally well. Of course I should mention that I don't have small feet, as my skates are a men's size 10.5 (a bit too large, but nevermind that), but the small ones are no tighter around the ankle than the large.

daisies
10-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh that's interesting -- the difference is the size of the gel portion and not the tubing! OK, then a L/XL should be fine. Thanks so much!