View Full Version : Western Regional Adult Challenge 2006 (WRAC)

Raye
10-28-2005, 02:49 PM
To everyone who has never experienced a truly Canadian Winter, and even to those who have, I would like to extend a warm invitation to Spruce Grove, Alberta in February of 2006. (Just outside Edmonton)

http://www.skateabnwtnun.com/competitions.htm (scroll down to February)

This event is sanctioned by Skate Canada and the USFS Sanction is in the works.

I went to this one last year when it was hosted in Kamloops, BC and it is a great weekend - very similar to Peach!! Lots of categories, including team events, affordable entry fees (in $CAD), and of course - great social events!

See you all there!

Raye
11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi all:

Bumping this one up!!!!

Still almost a month till Entry Closing.

Here are some links

http://www.skateabnwtnun.com/competitions.htm scroll down to February 2006, second announcement.

See some of you in Edmonton :D

Raye
02-10-2006, 02:24 AM
I am home from WRAC, and it was an awesome, well-run competiton. There were 70 adult competitors in all. A few came up from the Seattle area, a couple more from Ontario and the rest were from BC Alberta and NWT.

My big triumph was that I landed my LOOP-JUMP in my freeskate program. :D (Not even cheated!!! YAAAAY) This is the first time I have ever landed a loop-jump in competition and I was soooooooo happy about it that I promptly tripped on a toe-pick and did a zamboni splatfest :roll: sliding from the red-line to past the blue-line before I was able to pick myself up. By that time, the rest of my solo was in all the wrong places.:frus: and I never really did catch up to my music :giveup:

All in all it was a fun weekend.

Thin-Ice
02-10-2006, 02:52 AM
My big triumph was that I landed my LOOP-JUMP in my freeskate program. :D (Not even cheated!!! YAAAAY) This is the first time I have ever landed a loop-jump in competition and I was soooooooo happy about it...

All in all it was a fun weekend.

HURRAY for Raye!!! Congratulations... never mind about what happened after the loop. No one can ever take away from you that you landed a REAL UNCHEATED loop in competition. What a great memory to bring home. Glad you had fun!

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2006, 07:11 AM
My big triumph was that I landed my LOOP-JUMP in my freeskate program. :D (Not even cheated!!! YAAAAY) This is the first time I have ever landed a loop-jump in competition and I was soooooooo happy about it that I promptly tripped on a toe-pick and did a zamboni splatfest :roll: sliding from the red-line to past the blue-line before I was able to pick myself up. By that time, the rest of my solo was in all the wrong places.:frus: and I never really did catch up to my music :giveup::lol: :lol: :lol: I shouldn't laugh, but I can just imagine it! Congratulations on landing your loop jump. :bow: I shall look forward to seeing it at the Mountain Cup.

jazzpants
02-10-2006, 10:51 AM
:bow: :bow: :bow: To RAYE on your loop jump in competition!!! WHOO HOO!!! (So envious!!!) :mrgreen:

And glad you had fun too!!!