View Full Version : I'm Ok!! Whew!

dani
10-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi all! Well, even though Wilma's eye passed over my house with I am told, 110 mph winds, I am ok. We sustained relatively minor damage to our roof and screen enclosure, but lots of tree damage. Most of my neighbors lost the structures holding up their screens around their pools and lost many roof tiles or shingles. And some even worse. We still don't have power and the telephone poles are split in half. (I am in Orlando on a preplanned trip, but it is nice to be able to take a shower and get on the computer!!)

On a skating note, my rink lost part of its roof and of course the ice is gone. We hope to have it back sometime next week (if there is electric).

Hugs to all!!

Danielle

jazzpants
10-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Thank goodness you're okay, Dani! Better the rink than your house or you!!!

Debbie S
10-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Glad to hear you're OK, Dani!

dani
10-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Thank goodness you're okay, Dani! Better the rink than your house or you!!!

Thanks - due to the work we had done a couple of years ago, most of our house is up to the newest codes. I have only been able to reach one of my coaches, and he lost his pool screen enclosure (it was in pieces in his pool) and a tree fell on his car. Before we left, we chopped up several trees and loaded 16 trash bags with leaves that were on our driveway!

I am still in shock that we were hit by a hurricane that begins with 'W'! Oh, and I can cross "eye of a hurricane" off my list ;-)

Hugs all!

Danielle

NickiT
10-28-2005, 03:52 AM
So glad you are OK Dani and that your home survived the hurricane too. Hopefully your rink will be up and running in no time at all.

LoopLoop
10-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Glad you're both OK!

skaternum
10-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Glad to hear you and Brenda are okay. I was thinking about you!

flo
10-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Dani, I was thinking about you as our team event draws near. So glad you're ok. Take care!

Mrs Redboots
10-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear all is well.

Terri C
10-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear that you and Brenda are safe and your house had minimal damage!

sunshinepointe
10-30-2005, 11:17 AM
You're lucky

Our house was severely damaged and we only got power back today! I'm sitting at starbucks using the internet for the first time since Sunday!

Everything is okay, but no skating for me for a while :(

Just wanted to check in with everyone - talk soon :)

Beccapoo2003
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
So glad you guys are OK.
Hugs,
Becca

dani
10-31-2005, 11:05 AM
You're lucky

Our house was severely damaged and we only got power back today! I'm sitting at starbucks using the internet for the first time since Sunday!

Everything is okay, but no skating for me for a while :(

Just wanted to check in with everyone - talk soon :)

I am very lucky. Of course, I am sitting in Orlando, because my house STILL doesn't have power!! Oh, and they are saying that my rink won't be up until January!! I don't know if I can afford to drive to the other rink (Pines) that my coaches are going to.

Now I have to decide if I am going to skip nationals again or skate Bronze or what. :-(

I am glad you are ok!!

Danielle

dblflutz
10-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Dani.... How long are you going to be in Orlando for? Come practice at our rink (RDV).....we have plenty of icetime, and lot's of welcomed hello's!

dani
10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Dani.... How long are you going to be in Orlando for? Come practice at our rink (RDV).....we have plenty of icetime, and lot's of welcomed hello's!

I didn't even bring my skates!! (I know, bad skater!) I also didn't plan on being here this long, so I have had to go clothes shopping (darn ;-) and everything! I was only really supposed to be here Thursday and Friday for a seminar I was attending. But, without power at a) my home, b) my office, c) my unrented condo, or d) my other office, there didn't seem to be much reason to go home! We have power at the office as of this morning! I am going home tomorrow! Yeah! ;-)

Hugs!

Danielle

ps) Thanks for the well wishes all!

dblflutz
10-31-2005, 02:13 PM
If there's anything you need while your here....we are happy to help! Please feel free to PM me.... Lord know's my hubby would be estatic to give half of my closet away! (although I do know that last year, the no power thing was a great excuse to go shoping :lol: If not, have a safe trip home...I know what it's like! We went 3 weeks total last year with no power or water... Thank goodness the rink was open, only cool sane place to be!

dbny
10-31-2005, 03:55 PM
I somehow didn't realize that you live in FL :oops:. I'm glad to hear that you're safe and your house is OK too. I know what it's like to lose your primary rink. Ours once had a fire that was the beginning of the end for our club. Hope you can manage to skate anyway.