View Full Version : AN & Sectional Forms

sk8er1964
10-26-2005, 05:41 PM
The 2006 Adult National announcement and (at least) the Midwest Adult Sectionals announcement are available at the Members Only section of the USFS's website. I don't know if you just get your Section when you sign in - ie if you are in Eastern, that's what will show. On mine, all I saw was AN and Midwesterns.

jazzpants
10-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Okay, this is interesting... on the AN form, the test eligiblity date for AN is Jan 17th. For our Sectionals, it's Jan 2nd. So... if I test sometime between the 2nd and the 17th and pass Bronze FS, does this mean that I can compete at Pre-Bronze at Sectionals and Bronze at AN on the same year??? :twisted:

Just food for thought... ;) (I'll email to Tony and my Vice Chair and ask...)

Debbie S
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Good to know the deadline for passing tests is Jan 17 and not Jan 1 - a bit of a reprieve. What's interesting is that when I go online to try to register, it doesn't seem to be a problem (at least the screen comes up) - the problem with that is (as many of you know), I'm Pre-Bronze and am not eligible! Hmmm. :??

Terri C
10-26-2005, 06:55 PM
What's interesting is that when I go online to try to register, it doesn't seem to be a problem (at least the screen comes up) - the problem with that is (as many of you know), I'm Pre-Bronze and am not eligible! Hmmm. :??

That's my case too, what is going on with that?? Are Pre Bronzers allowed to go to AN now??

techskater
10-26-2005, 09:10 PM
I think there was a disclaimer that if you test after the cut off date, you are ineligible for a lower level but generally can skate up at Sectionals.

Eligibility is in the rulebook as to who can skate at AN's. I don't believe you can skate up

sk8pics
10-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Announcements take precedence over the rulebook, and in fact the rulebook is incorrect about the eligibility of pre-bronze freeskaters for AN. I would expect a correction to show up eventually on the website rulebook corrections section. (The rulebook includes pre-bronze, but the announcements do not.)

Pat

jazzpants
10-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I think there was a disclaimer that if you test after the cut off date, you are ineligible for a lower level but generally can skate up at Sectionals.

Eligibility is in the rulebook as to who can skate at AN's. I don't believe you can skate upYeap! It says here on my AS application form:
Age and Test qualifications as of Jan. 2, 2006 (close of entries) will determine event eligibility and classification. Tests passed after the close of entries and prior to this event will disqualify skaters if test exceeds maximum requirement for the event entered in this competition.*sigh* I better try and pass my Bronze Moves AND FS test in Dec... :(

BTW: I've checked. There are no Pre-Bronze events for AN! Sorry! :cry:

Terri C
10-28-2005, 10:35 AM
BTW: I've checked. There are no Pre-Bronze events for AN! Sorry! :cry:

Well, guess that Easterns will be the option for me!

skaternum
10-28-2005, 01:37 PM
In all my years of competing, I've never done sectionals. (Since I'm not qualifying for any championship event, it's always been just another competition to me, and usually too far away to bother with.) So I must say I'm appalled at the entry fees for the non-qualifying stuff! I can hang with the $90 fee for first events, but $60 for all subsequent events?? Doing just a singles freeskate and interp is a borderline-reasonable $150, but if I choose to do the jumps, spins, and compulsory moves events, I've just added $180 to my entry fee. Um, I'm not going to pay $180 just to enter the "throw-away" events.

Okay, I feel better. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. :)

Stormy
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree that I am quite annoyed about that. Whenever I do a comp that I have to fly to, I feel that I "should" do a lot of events if I am going to travel that far. And that's going to be a LOT of extra dough. I wonder if this means not a lot of people will be doing the extra events now? It's still altogether possible I may chack Sectionals all together since I don't have to qualify this year. It comes right in the middle of a very busy synchro season and I may just skip it to save money.

I am SO excited for Nationals already, since so many of my friends will be in Dallas! Wheee!

Terri C
10-28-2005, 04:24 PM
So I must say I'm appalled at the entry fees for the non-qualifying stuff! I can hang with the $90 fee for first events, but $60 for all subsequent events?? Doing just a singles freeskate and interp is a borderline-reasonable $150, but if I choose to do the jumps, spins, and compulsory moves events, I've just added $180 to my entry fee. Um, I'm not going to pay $180 just to enter the "throw-away" events.)

That is why I'm only doing the free at Easterns. According to the annoucment, one has to have passed their Bronze free in order to do Interp, and I don't think you can skate up in the spin/jump / compulsory events either.

skaternum
10-28-2005, 04:32 PM
That is why I'm only doing the free at Easterns. According to the annoucment, one has to have passed their Bronze free in order to do Interp, and I don't think you can skate up in the spin/jump / compulsory events either.I don't understand. Why don't you do the Pre-bronze spin/jump/compulsory events?

Terri C
10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't understand. Why don't you do the Pre-bronze spin/jump/compulsory events?

It's a thought, but to pay $60.00 to do a one foot upright spin, two foot spin and a piviot in Pre Bronze Spins bores me to tears!!
But I would consider a Bronze team event if anyone else is interested.

jazzpants
10-28-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't understand. Why don't you do the Pre-bronze spin/jump/compulsory events?At least you have those events. Pacific Coast Adult Sectionals doesn't have those events! (We do, however, have "Introductory Interpretative Event!!!" for all skaters up to Pre-Bronze FS level. Hmmmm? ;) )

vesperholly
10-29-2005, 02:26 AM
I am SO excited for Nationals already, since so many of my friends will be in Dallas! Wheee!

Whee Dallas!!!!! I am excited x 1000. Taking my Silver FS on the 11th! I will be there rain shine or mass credit card debt! 8-)

Debbie S
10-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I downloaded the Easterns announcement last night and it appears you are not allowed to "skate up", even in the non-qual events like Bronze. What's up with that? I thought skating up was allowed in the past. :??

I wasn't planning on competing at Easterns anyway, but people who are trying to qualify for AN at a certain level and plan to take their FS test bet Jan 2 and Jan 17 are basically barred from Sectionals due to the discrepancy in entry deadines. Grrrrr.

Terri C
10-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Last night, I went back and looked at the competitor's roster for NY Winter Classic/ Adult Eastern Sectional from last year and saw that there were no skaters for Pre Bronze freeskate.
This concerns me here, especially when New Year's Invitational is two weeks before Adult Easterns as was last year, and this year as badly as I want to do Sectionals, I'd hate to sign up and find out that my event was cancelled because I was the only one who signed up, after the NYI deadline has passed, leaving me with no chance to compete at all.

With all that said, any Pre Bronze freeskaters planning to do Eastern Sectionals?

starskate6.0
10-30-2005, 06:17 PM
:cry:
I don't think Im going to sectionals or Nationals :cry: I start a new job in 2 weeks. 2 months of training and then Ill be flying a lot and won't have time to skate.. :cry: I might try Oberstdorf. But I dought Ill even make nationals this year.. :cry: But the new job will be great :D

jazzpants
10-30-2005, 08:26 PM
With all that said, any Pre Bronze freeskaters planning to do Eastern Sectionals?I know it's kinda early but I'll ask the same about Pre-Bronze and Pacific Coast Sectionals too. I know I'll probably end up doing it this time around. (Hey! I missed it when it was at my own home rink! My coaches would have a cow if I don't it this time around since I can't use the "flying/hotel/rental car expense" excuse.) :P

sk8er1964
10-30-2005, 08:57 PM
:cry:
I don't think Im going to sectionals or Nationals :cry: I start a new job in 2 weeks. 2 months of training and then Ill be flying a lot and won't have time to skate.. :cry: I might try Oberstdorf. But I dought Ill even make nationals this year.. :cry: But the new job will be great :D

That's a bummer - you are great to watch!

I'll probably skip AN this year too, unless I win the lotto. :cry:

starskate6.0
10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
That's a bummer - you are great to watch!

I'll probably skip AN this year too, unless I win the lotto. :cry:
Thanks sweety , Your a star... ;) Ill try but its not looking good at teh moment. I have no idea what my schedule will be..
Ross

Mrs Redboots
11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks sweety , Your a star... ;) Ill try but its not looking good at teh moment. I have no idea what my schedule will be..
RossHope you make the European comps - we won't be at Oberstdorf, but certainly at the Mountain Cup and probably Tallinn, too. But it would be great to watch you skate again - I so agree with skater1964!

Best of luck with the new job.

Lives to skate
11-10-2005, 12:29 AM
I have been trying to pass my Intermediate FM & FS test so I can move up to Masters Mens. Just failed by 0.1 :frus: I have 1 more chance on Dec 4th. The last test session there were 49 tests skated and 44 failed. Including 3 Pre-preliminary Field Moves tests! The judges were in a very bad mood and didn't feel like anyone deserved to pass. The rink ice conditions were terrible and it was sooo cold that the judges ask the skaters to wear their warm-up suits and gloves and hats! Very brittle hard ice and all skaters were very upset.

I will give it one more try or I will have to stay Gold for another year :cry:

Hope to see you all in Dallas. Burton

jazzpants
11-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Well, well, well! Look who the cat dragged in!!! LONG TIME no read, Burton!!! :mrgreen:

49 test skated and 44 failed??? Holy Toledo!!! 8O Like tell those panel of judges to take a chill pill already :roll: (Oh, wait...they're already chilled! That's why they're in a BAD MOOD! :twisted: :lol: )

I hear 'ya on those tests! I'm in the same shoes... but unlike you, I'm trying to MAKE IT to Nationals!!! :twisted: Can't say I'm off by 0.1 but it's pretty close to that on my moves test. :frus: All I can say is I'm rootin' for 'ya! The judges seems to be getting tougher and tougher these days. :cry:

techskater
11-10-2005, 03:05 PM
That sucks. Judges are told not to fail a test by 0.1 because they should give you a reskate if you are that close! There's a test session here in December if you'd prefer...

jazzpants
11-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Well, my chances of passing Bronze FS by the Dec deadline is gonna be rough and my coach wants to concentrate on passing Bronze Moves only by Dec.

My question to bring up to Tony and gang is... if I sign up for Sectionals in Feb as Pre-Bronze and then I pass Bronze FS before the AN deadline, what's the procedure for withdrawing from the Sectionals event? And do I have to eat the $80 b/c I'm no longer eligible for AS? I want to at least have AS under my "experience belt" just in case I don't pass Bronze in time, but I much rather compete at AN...for the experience!!!

Terri C
11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
My question to bring up to Tony and gang is... if I sign up for Sectionals in Feb as Pre-Bronze and then I pass Bronze FS before the AN deadline, what's the procedure for withdrawing from the Sectionals event? And do I have to eat the $80 b/c I'm no longer eligible for AS? I want to at least have AS under my "experience belt" just in case I don't pass Bronze in time, but I much rather compete at AN...for the experience!!!

IMHO, I think the better question to ask Tony and committee is why are skaters not allowed to skate up at Sectionals in the non qualifying events??