View Full Version : Gam Ultra's and Ultima Elite or Legacy?

singerskates
10-22-2005, 11:25 PM
I've just purchased but still have to pick up next week or the week after my new skate boots; Gam Ultra's. At first I ordered the Ultima Elite blades to go with them but then I read that it is possible to do upto Double Axels in Legacy's. Then at my CAS yahoo group one of the skaters there said that because Legacy's are thinner than Pattern 99's, which I was using with my very warped Graf Edmonton Specials which I should never have bought in the first place years ago, that I most likely would be possibly leaning inward on to my inside edge.

Do I stay with what I first ordered; Ultima Elite's or do I risk the Legacy to save on cash even though I may lean onto my inside edge?

Anyone used the Ultima Legacy?
Ultima Elite?

Anyone skating in the Gam Ultra's?

singerskates

crayonskater
10-23-2005, 01:12 AM
I don't know all that much about these specific blades. But how far are you away from your double axels? If you're years away, chances are you'll need new blades by then anyhow from all the sharpenings.

sk8er1964
10-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Singerskates -

I have Ultima Elites. I really liked them at first, but I think I will change to Gold Seals for my next blades.

They (the Elites) have a really large lower toepick (like the Pattern 99's) and straight cut picks. I've always skated on cross cut picks, and I find myself sometimes slipping on my takeoffs for my toe doubles. Of course, that's probably technique :cry: but I personally feel I'd be more comfortable on a cross cut toe. Since they're both 8' blades, I'm hoping the transition won't be too terrible for me.

I don't know anything about the Legacy.

I guess it's more about what you are used to skating on than what jumps a blade will get you through. As a kid, I was doing double loops and working on double flips and lutzes on Coronation Aces.