View Full Version : Help! Looking For Someone's Great Sig Line

montanarose
10-14-2005, 10:48 PM
My memory fails me, but someone here has (or used to have) a marvelous signature line about arriving at the end of life all used up and saying something about "What a great skate!" I'm not doing the quote justice, but this was the gist of it. If you're out there -- whomever you are -- I'd really appreciate getting a more accurate rendition of it, as well as finding out who the original author was, if not yourself, of course :lol:

Ellen

jazzpants
10-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi, Ellen!

I think that belongs to our ever talented TashaKat (http://www.skatingforums.com/member.php?userid=614). The first sig goes like this:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, Wow what a great skate."

montanarose
10-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks, Jazzpants (and thanks also to TashaKat for coming up with it in the first place)!

Ellen

skaternum
10-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Actually, not to take anything away from TK, but it's a very famous quotation that has been around for years. The original version of it ends with "What a RIDE." TK was clever enough to adapt it to our frozen purposes here!

TashaKat
10-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Actually, not to take anything away from TK, but it's a very famous quotation that has been around for years. The original version of it ends with "What a RIDE." TK was clever enough to adapt it to our frozen purposes here!

Yep, that's me! I originally used it on a horsey board but can't claim that it's my work unfortunately :mrgreen: