View Full Version : Biellmanns!!!

TwirlGirl10
10-14-2005, 05:14 PM
For a while now I have wanted to be able to get into a Biellmann position. I am pretty flexible, and can kinda sorta do a really bad one. Does anyone have tips on doing them and getting to the point where you are flexible enough?? (maybe certian stretchs) Thanks!!
~Carmen~

sunshinepointe
10-14-2005, 09:08 PM
You need to have flexibility and also strength. Strong abs and back strength are very important.

But if you're looking for specific exercises just for stretching try doing the backcatch/biellmann position at home - if you're not used to doing the position you should hold onto something for balance. Or you can also do splits and oversplits with a backbend. Remember not to lean forward on the backcatch. You pretty much want to be completely upright with your back leg almost straight. It's a tall order but that's the true Biellmann position.

I can do this position pretty much naturally but it never hurts to get a little more flexible so these are the exercises I use. I've been working on straightening my back leg more for a forward Biellmann, but ironically my backspin Biellmann is my more flexible side. Too bad I don't have a backspin!

Anywho, be careful when stretching your back though - if you overdo it it can lead to injury. Getting a good backcatch/Biellmann/scorpian takes time if you aren't able to do one well to begin with.

Good luck, let me know if you need any more help!