View Full Version : Winter Classic at Chelsea Piers

skate1965
10-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know if the Winter Classic has officially cancelled for this coming year?

LWalsh
10-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Where did you hear they were canceling? I thought they were just doing the Winter Classic Comp. but not Sectionals.

LWalsh

Terri C
10-15-2005, 08:43 AM
It had been posted on another board that the SCNY was considering cancelling the event because there is very little participation from the adults in their club.
I've posted this before, but February is going to be a tough call as New Years Invitational and Adult Easterns (in nearby NC) will be within two weeks of each other.

skate1965
10-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I had heard that because of the other competitions, The Skating Club of NY was very worried they wouldn't have enough skaters to pay for the ice time. Chelsea Piers is extremely expensive to take the rink for the day... especially when taking away hockey time.
I really hope they do this competition.

LWalsh
10-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I can't believe I didn't hear about this. What a bummer. I liked that the two competitions were so close. I feel like it gets me in the groove of competing faster. whenever I have too long between comps I always do lousy. :roll:

Lwalsh