View Full Version : Toronto, Miami and

KoDLaN
08-24-2005, 02:17 AM
Hi People.

I will be in Toronto, Miami and Greenville within a couple of weeks. I need to know where there are some good rinks to go and skate at ?
And if you stay in these area's, maybe we can meetup at the rink and put faces to names!

Thanks

sunshinepointe
08-24-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm not in Miami, but I know that there are several rinnks in the area. Kendall Ice Arena, Miami Ice Arena....if you venture a little north you can go to Pembroke Pines...I skate at Sunrise but that's a ways away from Miami. Go to www.yp.bellsouth.com and put in "ice skating" and "miami" and you should get back a nice chunk of ice rinks down here - we're almost oversaturated with them.

jp1andOnly
08-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Toronto is very big? Are you staying downtown? Or out in the 'burbs? there are many many rinks, not all with ice, but the area in which you stay will give a clue to which arenas are closer.

Alos, right now many rinks are on break gearing up for the fall season. Are you planning on being in toronto in Sept?

Hi People.

I will be in Toronto, Miami and Greenville within a couple of weeks. I need to know where there are some good rinks to go and skate at ?
And if you stay in these area's, maybe we can meetup at the rink and put faces to names!

Thanks

KoDLaN
08-25-2005, 06:20 AM
I will be arriving in the US on the 3rd of September (hopefully).
I will be in New York, then Greenville SC, then Tampa, FL then Unionville, Ontario, Canada.

Thats the exact spots I will be at!

Canskater
08-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi:

There are a number of public sessions at Centennial Arena on McCowan Rd just north of Highway 7 in Markham (of which Unionville is a hamlet). You could also guest skate at the Unionville FSC which skates out of the Crosby Arena (Carlton Rd., west of Kennedy), or the Markham FSC which skates out of the arena at the corner of Highway 7 and Markham Rd.

Not too far away is the Centennial Ice Galaxy which has both ticket ice and some public sessions. This is a great ice pad ... olympic size, no boards, and a mirror wall at one end ... designed just for figure skating. This is the home of the Scarborough FSC.

Hope that is helpful.

-- sheilagh