View Full Version : New judging system-I'm confused

Jennifer28
10-10-2005, 08:30 AM
I wanted to thank everyone for your information on my post about being injured and off the ice for a while. It looks like I have to be patient and just wait this thing out and work hard when I can start to skate again.

I have a question about the new judging system. I was reading the article on the USFS site about the recent competition that Sasha Cohen competed in. I had looked at the ISU rules in the past and thought that there were only level 3 spins and spirals. The USFS article said that Sasha had level 4 spirals and spins. How is that possible? Where can I find information that states exactly what determines a level 4 anything? I thought that the level only went up to level 3. Have I missed something? I cannot wait to see the new programs when they air so that people can compare what the skaters are all doing in the new judging system.

jenlyon60
10-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Last season there were only up through level 3 spins etc. for singles.

This year the ISU redefined things and there are 4 levels.

Jennifer28
10-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks for updates on the changes. Do you know where the link is to the details on those changes? Remember on the USFS website they used to have like a table that listed what you had to do for each spin, etc. to get a level 1, 2 or 3? Do they have a revised table?

doubletoe
10-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks for updates on the changes. Do you know where the link is to the details on those changes? Remember on the USFS website they used to have like a table that listed what you had to do for each spin, etc. to get a level 1, 2 or 3? Do they have a revised table?

Go HERE and look under "Singles Skating":
http://www.usfigureskating.org/New_Judging.asp?id=290