View Full Version : Blades

melanieuk
04-06-2002, 02:19 PM
I use Coronation Ace - John Wilson. 7ft rocker, 5/8 ROH.

I was thinking of Pattern 99 for when I had to renew. 8ft rocker, same ROH.

How will this change effect me?

Anyone else had new blades and had to learn all over again?

What blades do you have and what blades would you get next?

SandraD
04-06-2002, 02:31 PM
melanie, I have JW Coronation Ace blades, also. Don't know about all that rocker "stuff" you mentioned. They ARE a lovely and shiny, as just about everyone is aware of who knows me from years past. :wink: Oh, and my boots are a lovely white and have no scuff marks because........I never fall. (Right gang?) :D

Sandra

Dustin
04-06-2002, 02:50 PM
I use John Wilson Pattern 99 and I really like them - even more than the more expensive Gold Seal (I like the big toe pick ;)).

Going from Coronation to Pattern 99 wasn't that big of a change to me. The toe pick is easier but that is not hard to get used to.

Figureskates
04-08-2002, 06:02 AM
I have MK Professional Freestyle blades...I switched from the Coronation Comet because my coach felt a smaller rocker would be better...which it is. The toepicks are big which is what I want....

Elsy2
04-12-2002, 10:51 PM
I switched from Coronation Aces to Ultima Freestyle, and I did find this to be a major adjustment, but one that I got over in about 2-3 weeks. The Ultimas are way faster...gliding is easier, the toepicks intimidating at first but now feel great. The rocker is flatter, but only by 1/2". Enough to struggle a little with turns at first. The tail of the blade is longer too. Overall I love these blades, and feel way more stable on them. I was really "rocking" on those Aces! Always felt like I was going over backwards. Not so on these.

flippet
04-25-2002, 02:28 PM
I don't know that I can say what the 'best' blades are, but I have MK Visions, and I just LOVE them. I had MK Professionals before, and those were great too, but my spinning just wasn't coming along, so I chose Visions when I had to get new blades due to new boots of a different length. They're just enough more curved, and have just enough of a shorter tail, that they're perfect for me.

TashaKat
05-25-2002, 11:32 AM
I have Wilson Gold Seal and MK Dance ....... would LOVE to try Ultima, don't know why just would! Would also like to try out the John Watts with the strange toepick ;)

L x

icesk8er31
05-25-2002, 09:25 PM
I switched from Comets to Pattern 99s and have been THRILLED with the results. In the first session I was able to do all my spins and jumps, and the larger toe pick really improved all of my jumps. I give them two enthusiatic thumbs up!

Dustin
05-26-2002, 06:25 AM
I just ordered new Gold Seal blades and hopefully I will like them more than the last time I tried them. :?

kar5162
05-26-2002, 08:46 AM
I use Gold Seal, but am thinking of going with Phantoms next time.

Kim

jenlyon60
05-26-2002, 10:01 AM
MK Dance.

I have used in the past MK Pro (Hated....this was the mid-80s MK Pro), Coronation Ace, Pattern 99 (Loved!) and now I'm on my 2nd pair of MK Dance.

When I switched to dance blades, Wilson didn't make an upper end dance blade and had just started making a "Coronation Dance" blade.

lisabelle
05-27-2002, 12:49 PM
i've got comets and i really like them.

db
05-27-2002, 10:27 PM
I think I'm the only one here who uses Wilson Majestics. I only have them because they were brand new on a pair of used Klingbeils I bought and I kept them. Just spoke with my coach about switching to something better, and she said there was really no reason for me to, since I don't jump and I'm not having any problems with the Majestics. If I ever get to start dancing, I would consider a dance blade.

Mariposa
05-28-2002, 12:03 PM
In reply to:

I use Coronation Ace - John Wilson. 7ft rocker, 5/8 ROH.

I was thinking of Pattern 99 for when I had to renew. 8ft rocker, same ROH.

How will this change effect me?

Anyone else had new blades and had to learn all over again?

I did that exact change recently and it worked GREAT. It seems like a natural progression from the Aces to the Pattern 99s. You'll be very happy with your new blades, I'm sure of it.

Scate-Cat
05-28-2002, 04:08 PM
I used Coronation Comets and changed ( today ) to MK Professionals because the Comets were too flat for me. I didn`t skated with the new ones yet, but I`ll try on thursday.
Katja.

BJY4EVR
05-31-2002, 05:58 AM
I'm in my second pair of MKs, and they're soo much better than Wilsons!!! I've heard some good things about Ultimas, but they're just too BIG, ya know.

Michigansk8er
06-03-2002, 11:12 AM
I went from MK Visions to Pattern 99 (at my coaches suggestion) with no problem at all. I was really concerned about switching from 7' to 8'.............but the worry was for nothing. I love them.

LeslieM