View Full Version : Why do inside 3's always go on vacation??

Figureskates
04-06-2002, 11:39 AM
I have been an adult skater for about 4 years and have advanced to the point of doing a pretty descent waltz, and a so-so half-flip, and most of my basic elements are pretty solid.

It seems every time I learn an new element, my inside 3's decide to head for the hills. I was trying to do some yesterday and you would think I had never learned the bloody things....What is up with this?

melanieuk
04-06-2002, 12:19 PM
Call it an occupational hazard.
I've lost everything at one point during the 1 year I've been back skating.
I had to learn 3 turns all over again!
I've lost every jump and spin and got them back again, and lost some again.
It's a battle just to keep what you've got - and the youngsters get caught with this too. 8O

Schmeck
04-06-2002, 06:15 PM
figureskates, I lose my left inside 3 all the time! Thank goodness the right one is pretty solid (though not pretty-pretty!) since I have to do three of them in the show in two weeks 8O

Schmeck

PS - are you IFigureskate from FSW?

Figureskates
04-06-2002, 07:43 PM
Yes, I am Ifigureskate on FSW

I use Figureskates on ezboard. I wanted to use it on FSW when I registered but someone else has it....

Yazmeen
05-26-2002, 09:36 AM
And they always wait until just the moment where we might be getting them right...and then they pack their bags for Anchorage or the Caribbean and they're off!!!!!!!!

Sneaky little things...

Growl,

Beth

Anita18
05-30-2002, 01:09 AM
My LFI3 sucks. My RFI3 is perfectly fine, since I do toe loops off them all the time, but I can't seem to check the LFI3 because I'm still slightly on the inside edge on the exit, like I'm scared to throw my weight to the other side. (Same for my BI3's, actually, but I haven't worked on those in a while..) Once I tell myself, "[i:09a252ea75]Commit [/i:09a252ea75]to the outside edge, #$(*%!" I usually get it right, LOL....